News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Damn, stating to drop like flies. Sorta surprised Aug 23rd would sell out before the non holiday ones in September or October.

So, they essentially in two years changed this from the old MNSSHP that had been going up in price dramatically, to a private event with like a 50% price increase, free food, but hardly any entertainment to now the old MNSSHP at the private event price without the free ice cream and drinks. And now look very likely for a full sellout at that new price point. I mean, it wasn't that long ago the event was $50 and was truly walkon rides most of the night. Although you got Smarties and Tootsie Rolls back then.

Does that say that people are willing to pay higher prices for more entertainment?

It's something we've said here all the time (entertainment is the lifeblood of the company), but maybe this might prove to the higher ups that people are willing to pay more for it?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Does that say that people are willing to pay higher prices for more entertainment?

It's something we've said here all the time (entertainment is the lifeblood of the company), but maybe this might prove to the higher ups that people are willing to pay more for it?
Management has been through this loop before, and realized that entertainment was a driving factor and a key Disney difference. This has been lost under Chapek, and continuing under D'Amaro. Eventually the penny will drop again and I think entertainment will return.

Ayla

I think you touched on teh main reason. Alcohol. Since none is included in the MK ones, that makes them much less worthwhile. I mean, I'd enjoy having a few fruity cocktails along with the snacks. Plus it seems some have savory items like hummus too, which could really expand the party to closer to a meal. But, again, the MNSSHP party one seems to be sweets and "seasonal fruit" which I'll bet quite a bit includes such fall favorites as grapes, apples, melon, and strawberries. But probably no persimmons.

There just seems to be enough folks with more money than brains that will show up at the dessert party at open, grab tons of food, and the best seats, and not care they just paid over $100 to sit and avoid the party they are paying $30 an hour to be at, and are eating the equivalent to a grocery store party tray food line.
No persimmons is where you draw the line? 😂

Animaniac93-98

Disney is also benefiting from being the only family friendly Halloween game in town.

SeaWorld's Spooktacular, fine for what it is, can't compare and neither can Legoland's Brick or Treat (45 miles away).

I really would like to see Universal compete directly with Disney on this and do something at IoA. Doubt they will.

Thumper 32

Lots of people said there was no way they'd sell out at those prices.
Will be interesting to see how many of the Sep and Oct dates sell out. Notice that, with the exception of Halloween night, all of the current sellouts are the lowest priced nights. Methinks a lot of locals are skewing to these early dates based on price. If you live close, why would you pick a $150+ date when you can pick a $110 date?

Touchdown

Disney is also benefiting from being the only family friendly Halloween game in town.

SeaWorld's Spooktacular, fine for what it is, can't compare and neither can Legoland's Brick or Treat (45 miles away).

I really would like to see Universal compete directly with Disney on this and do something at IoA. Doubt they will.
With another hard ticket? I don’t think families want to mix with the HHN crowd on the way back, this would also close off both parks at night. Maybe when Epic Universe opens and after the initial rush is over (with the party there.)

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Will be interesting to see how many of the Sep and Oct dates sell out. Notice that, with the exception of Halloween night, all of the current sellouts are the lowest priced nights. Methinks a lot of locals are skewing to these early dates based on price. If you live close, why would you pick a $150+ date when you can pick a $110 date?
Because Halloween does NOT begin in August when its 95 degrees. Even in Florida lol …. I dk but if i was a local i would rather spend some extra money to enjoy Halloween when its actually closer to Halloween but thats just me…

Jrb1979

Management has been through this loop before, and realized that entertainment was a driving factor and a key Disney difference. This has been lost under Chapek, and continuing under D'Amaro. Eventually the penny will drop again and I think entertainment will return.
Every keeps forgetting that the CMs are the entertainment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Because Halloween does NOT begin in August when its 95 degrees. Even in Florida lol …. I dk but if i was a local i would rather spend some extra money to enjoy Halloween when its actually closer to Halloween but thats just me…
You need to get Halloween out of the way for the celebration of Christmas on Nov 3rd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom