News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Questions about the dessert part. Can you just show up like 10 minutes before the show? Is it so packed you’ll have a bad view then? Will the best desserts be out?

I look at it as a way to not have to wait an hour for the fireworks. Not sure that is a smart take though.

Then I'd suggest watching them from Fantasyland as the halloween specific projections arent much more than random ghost outlines

G00fyDad

That's sorta what I figured, so you are not "saving" time in teh main party if you want to get good desserts and a seat.
That's why we're going to do the dessert party on a regular Magic Kingdom night. One of the other users here mentioned that it would be a good idea to not do the party on a Halloween party night. It wastes too much time.

Touchdown

Then I'd suggest watching them from Fantasyland as the halloween specific projections arent much more than random ghost outlines
Not true with the new show. You also miss the Jack puppet.

If you notice the three main special entertainment events are bunched together. Parties should start with you doing meet and greets (or rides) followed by entertainment followed by rides. With trick or treating whenever the lines are short.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Not true with the new show. You also miss the Jack puppet.

If you notice the three main special entertainment events are bunched together. Parties should start with you doing meet and greets (or rides) followed by entertainment followed by rides. With trick or treating whenever the lines are short.

Everyone has their own choice. The puppet and stage shows have been a definite meh since 2015.

AndyS2992

According to the Halloween ticket availability calendar, September 2nd has sold out.

Current sold out dates -

Aug. 16
Sept. 2
Oct. 31
Dang, going to MNSSHP on September 2nd as it's my birthday, wasn't aware of labour day being a thing that draws crowds, Would have moved the whole trip a week later had I known lol oh well.

DisneyDebRob

Are any of these desert parties worth it? The deserts look like crap for the money your paying.
IMO no. Then again i dont think the parties are worth it either. Then again im not what Disney is catering and pushing these over priced extras too. We dont bring children so its just 2 adults. Families seem to enjoy them. We have been to all the parties a few times but havent in about 10 years. Also did 2 dessert parties. We didn’t think it was worth it and it was so much less money back then. Unless your a alcoholic and love sweets you are not going to get anywhere close to what you are paying. But for the experience of all these things ? Maybe to do one time in your life and that’s it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Are any of these desert parties worth it? The deserts look like crap for the money your paying.

In the past, they were worth doing once every few years if you had kids. You got an incredible value for the price paid - My kids would come back to the room with pounds of candy on a good night. These days, the price is too high for what you get now. I do say that as someone whose kids have aged out of Halloween parties, but even if we had kids who still wanted to do the trick-or-treating thing, these are too expensive.

Don't ask what you used to get with Christmas parties... like a dedicated photo opp inside and the photo packages could be purchased for as little as $20 (IIRC).

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Who thought they wouldn't sell? There are thousands of rubes sheep consumers with enough room on their credit cards to give Johnny and Susie the WDW Halloween vacation in August they deserve!!!
Lots of people said there was no way they'd sell out at those prices.

Ayla

IMO no. Then again i dont think the parties are worth it either. Then again im not what Disney is catering and pushing these over priced extras too. We dont bring children so its just 2 adults. Families seem to enjoy them. We have been to all the parties a few times but havent in about 10 years. Also did 2 dessert parties. We didn’t think it was worth it and it was so much less money back then. Unless your a alcoholic and love sweets you are not going to get anywhere close to what you are paying. But for the experience of all these things ? Maybe to do one time in your life and that’s it.
We did a dessert party one of the first years they had them (2008-2010ish?) and I thought they were a good value at $25 per person. No way would I ever consider paying what they charge now, especially on TOP OF a party ticket. 😂

Hawg G

I think you touched on teh main reason. Alcohol. Since none is included in the MK ones, that makes them much less worthwhile. I mean, I'd enjoy having a few fruity cocktails along with the snacks. Plus it seems some have savory items like hummus too, which could really expand the party to closer to a meal. But, again, the MNSSHP party one seems to be sweets and "seasonal fruit" which I'll bet quite a bit includes such fall favorites as grapes, apples, melon, and strawberries. But probably no persimmons.

There just seems to be enough folks with more money than brains that will show up at the dessert party at open, grab tons of food, and the best seats, and not care they just paid over $100 to sit and avoid the party they are paying $30 an hour to be at, and are eating the equivalent to a grocery store party tray food line.

Hawg G

According to the Halloween ticket availability calendar, August 23rd has sold out. There are 2 dates available for the remainder of August.

Current sold out dates -

Aug. 12, 16, 19, 23
Sept. 2
Oct. 31
Damn, stating to drop like flies. Sorta surprised Aug 23rd would sell out before the non holiday ones in September or October.

So, they essentially in two years changed this from the old MNSSHP that had been going up in price dramatically, to a private event with like a 50% price increase, free food, but hardly any entertainment to now the old MNSSHP at the private event price without the free ice cream and drinks. And now look very likely for a full sellout at that new price point. I mean, it wasn't that long ago the event was $50 and was truly walkon rides most of the night. Although you got Smarties and Tootsie Rolls back then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom