News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Character Meet & Greet and Treat locations from TouringPlans Instagram -

IMG_7136.jpg
IMG_7137.jpg

dreday3

Will Disney World have it's Halloween merch out soon or are they having supply issues like last time? Just curious because I noticed Disneyland already has it out. And Universal has their stuff, which I love their vintage looking items this year.

Will Disney World have it's Halloween merch out soon or are they having supply issues like last time? Just curious because I noticed Disneyland already has it out. And Universal has their stuff, which I love their vintage looking items this year.
This is definitely an odd year for Halloween merchandise at WDW. In previous years the Halloween Merchandise usually debuted at the start of the week in which there was a Halloween Party.

- In 2019 NSS started on Friday 8/16 and Halloween merchandise dropped at the parks on Monday 8/12.

- In 2020 there was no party or event and the merchandise dropped on Monday 8/17.

- In 2021 Boo Bash started on Tuesday 8/10 and Halloween merchandise dropped on Monday 8/9.

Following that trajectory, Halloween merchandise should have debuted this Monday 8/8, like it did in Disneyland. Instead it dropped today 8/11, the day before NSS.

dreday3

This is definitely an odd year for Halloween merchandise at WDW. In previous years the Halloween Merchandise usually debuted at the start of the week in which there was a Halloween Party.

- In 2019 NSS started on Friday 8/16 and Halloween merchandise dropped at the parks on Monday 8/12.

- In 2020 there was no party or event and the merchandise dropped on Monday 8/17.

- In 2021 Boo Bash started on Tuesday 8/10 and Halloween merchandise dropped on Monday 8/9.

Following that trajectory, Halloween merchandise should have debuted this Monday 8/8, like it did in Disneyland. Instead it dropped today 8/11, the day before NSS.

Perhaps it will be out in time for our Flower/Garden trip. 😂

dreday3

And the merch is out! I love the t-shirt designs this year. I like the way characters are illustrated on all the stuff. The ghost with ears on is very cute. :D

Have fun Halloween trips everyone!

pdude81

I prefer this as the scalpers can't swoop in and take all the merch before the parties even start. Then again, but mortally wounding the AP program and raising gate prices, this might not be such a big problem now anyway.

pdude81

According to the Halloween ticket availability calendar, September 20th has sold out.

Current sold out dates -

Aug. 12, 16, 19, 23, 26
Sept. 2, 20
Oct. 31
I expect everything to sell out, more or less. We tend to visit in mid august, so the only thing I try to do is avoid the first night. We did that in 2019 and were stuck behind vloggers with shoulder mounted cameras on rides, asking for the front row. Easier to just avoid that whole situation.

Thumper 32

According to the Halloween ticket availability calendar, September 20th has sold out.

Current sold out dates -

Aug. 12, 16, 19, 23, 26
Sept. 2, 20
Oct. 31
Again the price seems to be a contributing factor here. Why a random Tuesday in September? It’s the last night before another price jump.

Dan Deesnee

Are sales surging or are they offering far less tickets than past years?

If my restaurant seats 200 people and was rarely at capacity, I could remove 100 seats. Suddenly I'm full every night.

I have zero visibility on attendance to parties pre-covid outside of personal experience. Last year the party seemed far less crowded than in 2019 and prior.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are sales surging or are they offering far less tickets than past years?

If my restaurant seats 200 people and was rarely at capacity, I could remove 100 seats. Suddenly I'm full every night.

I have zero visibility on attendance to parties pre-covid outside of personal experience. Last year the party seemed far less crowded than in 2019 and prior.
Last year was an After-Hours hybrid. It certainly had reduced attendance caps as live vlogging confirmed. Such caps have been said to be anywhere from 5,000 to 15,000.

This year is a full Party Night. So, the attendance may run from 20,000 to 30,000.

For comparison, the pre-pandemic average attendance at MK was 50,000 daily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom