News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It really is a turnoff to have the MK decorated for Halloween for 25% of the year. Add Christmas for two and a half months and you have the MK in holiday mode for almost half the year.

TheMaxRebo

I am definitely someone who doesn't do Halloween decorations at home until October ... BUT as we don't have any lengthy school breaks once school starts until Thanksgiving if they didn't have Halloween parties in August we just wouldn't be able to go to one (unless we pull the kids out) - so I think there is some benefit to having the parties in August for folks like me

DisneyDreamer08

I honestly don’t have a problem with the August parties. For me, it starts to “feel like fall” when my kids go back to school. In MA, that’s around August 30th. However I have friends in FL who go back this week. So I can understand why August feels like fall to some.

twilight mitsuk

Oh, I know there is no stopping the August party train. It's still wrong to have Halloween parties 2+ months before the actual date. I personally thought August was a bridge too far, but people kept buying party tickets so here we are. I'm sure everyone will be fine with them when they eventually start at the end of July, right?
lowes already has halloween stuff out

ToTBellHop

Oh, I know there is no stopping the August party train. It's still wrong to have Halloween parties 2+ months before the actual date. I personally thought August was a bridge too far, but people kept buying party tickets so here we are. I'm sure everyone will be fine with them when they eventually start at the end of July, right?
But why is it “wrong”?

Because you say so? Of course, I think the “turkey before tree” folks are wrong, too. I say, “do what makes you happy” when it comes to holiday decor, of all things.

TheMaxRebo

So 5 dates are sold out so far, which compares to 3 being sold out by Aug 3rd last year

So either selling more/faster this year or the caps are lower

BUT so far only really th "cheapest" nights ... So could also be people migrating to those not more total tickets sold so far

JMcMahonEsq

It's wrong because you say so? I didn't realize you wrote the book on whats right and wrong.

I mean obviously most consumers agree with you, considering Disney keeps offering the parties starting in August, but every time no one buys them and the parks are empty those nights.

And surely it must say somewhere its totally wrong to offer Halloween parties, a kids event, during a time when kids are out of school, you know so they can actually go to them.

Mireille

Premium Member
WDW is a destination vacation for most. I can understand locals not wanting Halloween in August, but they can go anytime, so just don't go in August. Why shouldn't they offer parties longer for people that can't be there EXACTLY in October or whatever? I guess I just don't think it's a big deal.

Gran Fiesta

So 5 dates are sold out so far, which compares to 3 being sold out by Aug 3rd last year

So either selling more/faster this year or the caps are lower

BUT so far only really th "cheapest" nights ... So could also be people migrating to those not more total tickets sold so far
Hey our night is still holding strong, but I think it will be the next one to fall sadly. But it is the last one left at the lowest price point. Hopefully that's a good indicator for crowds that week.

ToTBellHop

WDW is a destination vacation for most. I can understand locals not wanting Halloween in August, but they can go anytime, so just don't go in August. Why shouldn't they offer parties longer for people that can't be there EXACTLY in October or whatever? I guess I just don't think it's a big deal.
All the Floridians I see online are whining about the heat, anyway. Why would they be in the parks?

Tony the Tigger

It looks like we can go on the 29th, possibly on September 1 but that’s not as easy. I really only want to go for the after hours experience because the actual after hours events end a few days before we arrive. Halloween stuff is a bonus, but generally don’t do candy with a diabetic in the party. (Sorry, Werther’s kinda doesn’t count lol.)

But MK at night with low wait times, ignoring the parades and what not - that’s worth $109.

We’ll see.

TheMaxRebo

It looks like we can go on the 29th, possibly on September 1 but that’s not as easy. I really only want to go for the after hours experience because the actual after hours events end a few days before we arrive. Halloween stuff is a bonus, but generally don’t do candy with a diabetic in the party. (Sorry, Werther’s kinda doesn’t count lol.)

But MK at night with low wait times, ignoring the parades and what not - that’s worth $109.

We’ll see.

If you do looks like a bunch of us will be there that night

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom