News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

seabreezept813

But why is it “wrong”?

Because you say so? Of course, I think the “turkey before tree” folks are wrong, too. I say, “do what makes you happy” when it comes to holiday decor, of all things.
My problem isn’t the holiday but they should find a way to not kick out day guests. The new Christmas offering at Hollywood Studios seems to be fixing this mistake, by allowing the day guests to still see Fantasmic, etc. But two nights a week to make MK fireworks inaccessible to people taking summer vacations kinda sucks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But why is it “wrong”?

Because you say so? Of course, I think the “turkey before tree” folks are wrong, too. I say, “do what makes you happy” when it comes to holiday decor, of all things.
Because people have expanded the view of damn near everything to “well, it’s ok, it doesn’t really bother me and it makes you happy so it’s fine”. People need to relearn how to have some standards and a backbone. Turkey before tree is still apt and appropriate. Why not Christmas in April? Valentines in October? St Patrick’s in August? “It’s ok, it doesn’t bother me, and it makes you happy so it’s fine.”

TheMaxRebo

Because people have expanded the view of damn near everything to “well, it’s ok, it doesn’t really bother me and it makes you happy so it’s fine”. People need to relearn how to have some standards and a backbone. Turkey before tree is still apt and appropriate. Why not Christmas in April? Valentines in October? St Patrick’s in August? “It’s ok, it doesn’t bother me, and it makes you happy so it’s fine.”

people need to have more backbone to tell other people they are wrong for being happy?

celluloid

I get what you are saying.

Also, it can in fact effect people that are not involved as that time comes from somewhere. So the largest bodied attended park closes early and those people all go to the other three parks.

It is ultimately a business, but it would not be right to see it does not play a role against other's enjoyment.

That is not even counting the cutbacks show maintenance and cleaning standards of changed because of events that sell late nights in the parks.

JMcMahonEsq

No what you seem to be saying is that you think people need to have a "backbone" and have YOUR standards, as opposed to theirs.

The holiday parties are WDW are great events. The decorations themselves are amazing, walking into the park and seeing the Christmas tree, smelling the gingerbread as you walk through the train station. Those are things that everyone should get a chance to experience.

As to Halloween, how does it escape you that a kids holiday party/decoration should be offered during a time when, you know, the most kids can get to experience it. That is NOT going to be September/October when school is back in session. Having Halloween in August allows the most access to the most kids across the country.

And it seems like people are putting their money where their backbone is as the Halloween events constantly sell out, and not just in October. So its not that people are saying it doesn't bother me, so its fine. Its the customers saying, we love it, we will keeping buying it, even at raised prices. So if it bothers you, stay home, but don't try and force your standards on others.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Wonder what the numbers will be like. I'm assuming they must be much lower than 2019

We know they're less than 2019 based on 2022. What I am interested to see are the Christmas party numbers since those start at $50/person more than the Halloween party. MVMCP is now priced at an after-hours price with none of the benefits.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

A look at the fall and Halloween decor at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom​

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party_Full_52530.jpg

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party_Full_52528.jpg

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party_Full_52524.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Does anyone know if they'll continue to use the normal BGM loops during the daytime? I hate when I visit in the winter and all of the Main Street music is replaced with Christmas music.

TDLFan

Does anyone know if they'll continue to use the normal BGM loops during the daytime? I hate when I visit in the winter and all of the Main Street music is replaced with Christmas music.

The fall loop is the same as all year and doesn't switch over till the party starts, now about Christmas, I love Christmas music and I agree with you. I think the Christmas songs should be mixed with the regular loops. I don't think Disney realized there's maybe 30 Christmas songs tops, and hearing the same songs in virtually every bgm loop around WDW can be maddening.

CaptainAmerica

The fall loop is the same as all year and doesn't switch over till the party starts, now about Christmas, I love Christmas music and I agree with you. I think the Christmas songs should be mixed with the regular loops. I don't think Disney realized there's maybe 30 Christmas songs tops, and hearing the same songs in virtually every bgm loop around WDW can be maddening.
Especially because the Christmas season is so long. I don't need Christmas music in November and I definitely don't need it in mid-January. We used to travel pretty consistently around Marathon/MLK and the first thing I'd do would be to find out from the cast members the exact night that the Christmas decorations were coming down and rearrange my park days to make sure I had at least one "normal" Magic Kingdom day.

JustInTime

Interesting, still waiting for my date to get sold out (Aug 29th). I'm assuming it will eventually get sold out, but I'm wondering how close to the actual date since the last week of August should be pretty low in terms of crowds.
What makes you think 8/29 will sell out?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
people need to have more backbone to tell other people they are wrong for being happy?
Instant gratification and "it makes me happy so why do you care" is at the heart of many cultural and societal problems. It's not my problem if you (the royal 'you', not you specifically) are offended by someone calling that out. If it makes a bunch of people happy, then why aren't they having Halloween parties in March? Christmas parties in July? If they can put up and take down decorations in the park in a night or two, why not do it? It makes money, right? It makes some people happy, right? The catering and pandering to the smallest of minorities and a few squeaky wheels needs to stop. I really am sympathetic to those who can't vacation in September and October and thus miss out on Halloween parties. "But then my kids are missing out, so I want Halloween parties in August!" That's not how the world works, or at least used to. Some people are going to miss out. That's just how things work sometimes and it's ok. Do something closer to home. Throw a party in your backyard. Be creative. I guarantee your life will go on if you and/or your kids don't get to attend a Halloween party in August.

#NoHalloweenPartiesInAugust

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom