Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

matt9112

For people who want to ride the rides it's a great value. I get into the park for a reduced price, get to ride everything except 7DMT and Haunted Mansion as a walk on, see a good parade and fireworks show, it's not hot outside, and meet and greets for the normal characters have no wait time either. It's amazing. You only run into issues if you can't stay up too late or you want pics with Jack and Sally or the 7 Dwarves.

is it a great value if your already an AP holder? since I wouldn't be paying for the day visit anyway so after dropping 2 grand a year on tickets alone not to mention merch and dining Disney wants me to drop more than 60 bucks for this? Pretty insane if you ask me. but I do agree as I have said before the Halloween party only holds value if your trying to ride a massive amount of rides with no lines.

DisneyGigi

I've gone in September (first night of party or first weekend), mid October and Halloween Night. One year I went twice - September and a few nights before Halloween. Once the times are set, they've not changed. Unless they've added the projections from HEA, I can't see the times for the shows, parades and fireworks changing from 1st night this week to the last night November 1st. They'd have to reprint the party guide they hand you when you enter. And we all know TWDC doesn't like to spend money it doesn't have to...

I'm psyched about going next Friday, mainly because none of the party specific merchandise will be sold out. However, it's going to be hot, hot, hot....

Tip, if you've not attended before, the treat bag they hand you is this tiny plastic thing. Disney does the treat thing right. Several spots around MK (just look for the jack o lantern sign), BIG barrels of the good stuff, and they give it out by the handfuls. And you can visit each spot several times - I've never known them to run out during a party night. I'd visit Publix before you leave for WDW and get one of their reusable Halloween bags (ones similar to the reusable grocery bag).

I'm bringing this next week:

View attachment 224438

It will hold all my candy, any purchases I make and my ears when they start hurting my head.

I don't know why I had not stopped to think that it is next Friday that we will be there. Just something about it clicked in my brain while reading your post and I let out a squeal!!! :)
I always take a big Halloween bag we got in 2008 to take because you are right, tons of candy!! Especially later in the night it goes from handfuls to many handfuls. I am so excited I can't stand it!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
is it a great value if your already an AP holder? since I wouldn't be paying for the day visit anyway so after dropping 2 grand a year on tickets alone not to mention merch and dining Disney wants me to drop more than 60 bucks for this? Pretty insane if you ask me. but I do agree as I have said before the Halloween party only holds value if your trying to ride a massive amount of rides with no lines.

The value for us is Halloween is my son-in-law's favorite holiday - they always do a big Halloween party with their friends. His first MNSSHP was Halloween night - he was so excited to go, he planned his costume for months. His family doesn't celebrate holidays, so he didnt grow up with Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas. I think that first MNSSHP was his 3rd Halloween, ever. So we go every year, primarily for him. And we're all APs. Last year, we did a Halloween on the High Seas cruise, also for him. Gonna keep the father of my future grandchildren happy...

AndyS2992

I'm still annoyed by it starting in August, it's not right. :banghead: Blatant money grabbing.

And secondly HalloWishes needs replacing ASAP. It was an extension of Wishes which is now gone so a new show 'Happily Never After' or something should be introduced instead being an updated upgrade with new projection effects and introducing more recent villains and adding more ignored ones *cough* Madame Medusa..

Hocus Pocus is a welcome return as it's fantastic but not for too many more years I hope as it will just grow old and stale.

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

And secondly HalloWishes needs replacing ASAP. It was an extension of Wishes which is now gone so a new show 'Happily Never After' or something should be introduced instead being an updated upgrade with new projection effects and introducing more recent villains and adding more ignored ones *cough* Madame Medusa.

Haven't the insiders here said updated Halloween and Christmas shows are in the works?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Haven't the insiders here said updated Halloween and Christmas shows are in the works?

For next year, not this one.

The very specialized fireworks orders of WDW take a year to be fulfilled. In fact, HEA is burning through old Wishes fireworks on an ad hoc basis and won't have its fully intended fw show until next year.

So, if they saw how well-received HEA was this spring, there would be no way they could update the holiday fw in time for this year. The only upgrade they could do is to add a projection-mapped show onto the castle, and it would be a bit of a rush job. Though, WDW could surprise us. Double though, if they did add new projection-mapping, you think they'd be advertising it for the first party night in three days from now...

I am Timmy

Or if you really enjoy a nigh time parade in MK....... and the Sanderson Sisters....

drizgirl

For people who want to ride the rides it's a great value. I get into the park for a reduced price, get to ride everything except 7DMT and Haunted Mansion as a walk on, see a good parade and fireworks show, it's not hot outside, and meet and greets for the normal characters have no wait time either. It's amazing. You only run into issues if you can't stay up too late or you want pics with Jack and Sally or the 7 Dwarves.
Not necessarily a "great value" if you have a multi day ticket and could add one more day for $15.

And it can indeed be very hot at night in Florida during most of the Halloween parties.

phillip9698

Not necessarily a "great value" if you have a multi day ticket and could add one more day for $15.

And it can indeed be very hot at night in Florida during most of the Halloween parties.

For us we were able to accomplish more during one Halloween party than we would have in one more full day in the MK. It's still warm at night but it's nothing compared to being in the blistering sun during midday.

drizgirl

For us we were able to accomplish more during one Halloween party than we would have in one more full day in the MK. It's still warm at night but it's nothing compared to being in the blistering sun during midday.
You could do even better adding one of those $15 days on a park hopper and visiting during the day the party is held at night. Unfortunately you won't get fireworks or a night parade though.

Brent_S

This works perfectly for us.... this will be the first time going for myself and my daughter to Halloween event at WDW (wife went while she was in the DCP) and we have a four day weekend for Labor Day. Driving down Friday morning for the event that night, then going to Sea World the next day for our free admission for the year and back to NC the next day. Can't wait! And thrilled to hear Moana will be there as she wasn't there when we were there back in May.

iMax

For next year, not this one.

The very specialized fireworks orders of WDW take a year to be fulfilled. In fact, HEA is burning through old Wishes fireworks on an ad hoc basis and won't have its fully intended fw show until next year.

So, if they saw how well-received HEA was this spring, there would be no way they could update the holiday fw in time for this year. The only upgrade they could do is to add a projection-mapped show onto the castle, and it would be a bit of a rush job. Though, WDW could surprise us. Double though, if they did add new projection-mapping, you think they'd be advertising it for the first party night in three days from now...

To be fair, Disneyland didn’t advertise that they added projections to Halloween Screams, Believe in Holiday Magic or Remember Dreams Come True. As far as I know, the previous year before Disneyland Forever was a thing they weren’t there, then all of a sudden after DF premiered they were there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom