Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

tribbleorlfl

Attended the party on Friday it started off wet, but it cleared up after 45 minutes. I will say this is the most candy we are every gotten 26.6 lbs 8 bags worth this this year.

View attachment 163263

View attachment 163264

View attachment 163265
View attachment 163266

View attachment 163267

View attachment 163268

View attachment 163269

View attachment 163270

View attachment 163271

View attachment 163272
Thanks for posting about your "haul." My concern with eliminating the Storybook Circus->Tomorrowland treat trail was that it was a sign Disney was going to seriously cutback the candy handouts, thereby further decreasing the value of the event.

Do you know if the 3 stops in the axed treat trail were added as additional stops to the existing stations?

Seanual757

Not that it's any of my business. And, if I'm honest, I'm all for sticking it to the man. But, why do you want 26lbs of candy?

Trust me not that we expected to get that much but when you have 3 small kids and who had fun and the cast members just giving 2-3 large handfuls of candy why not, they were even encouraging the kids to go back around to the other line and get more.. When it's all said and done after taking candy to my work, my wife's and the kits took a bag ach to school I have 1 bag left.

We only hit the stations in Tomorrow land, 1 in Frontier Land, and 2 in Adventure land.

Last edited:

Seanual757

Thanks for posting about your "haul." My concern with eliminating the Storybook Circus->Tomorrowland treat trail was that it was a sign Disney was going to seriously cutback the candy handouts, thereby further decreasing the value of the event.

Do you know if the 3 stops in the axed treat trail were added as additional stops to the existing stations?

Here is the map with locations for the 2016 party

MNSSHP 2016.JPG

Seanual757

We got our $$$ worth the kids had a great time, we had a great time, we stayed at the happiest place on earth my kids left with a smile that is priceless to us.

Now the count down begins to our next trip in 24 days and then the Christmas party after that.

tribbleorlfl

Here is the map with locations for the 2016 party

View attachment 163350
Yes, I've seen the map. There's one less pumpkin than prior years (the fore-mentioned Storybook Circus -> Tomorrowland). It was a "treat trail" with 3 candy stops. That'stopped what I'm trying to figure out; did they add those 3 cauldron to other existing distribution points or did they just cut labor and candy expenses?

GymLeaderPhil

I also forgot to mention that besides a reduction in the number of treat locations, the areas that still has them had noticibly less barrels and also had only one Cast Member working each one where as in years past they had two. The less labor made the lines longer as it wasn't as efficient.

peter11435

Yes, I've seen the map. There's one less pumpkin than prior years (the fore-mentioned Storybook Circus -> Tomorrowland). It was a "treat trail" with 3 candy stops. That'stopped what I'm trying to figure out; did they add those 3 cauldron to other existing distribution points or did they just cut labor and candy expenses?
The treat location in Petes silly sideshow has guests receive candy from three seperate barrels.

ChrisM

I guess smoking is more important than handing out candy on the walkway between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland.

Don't venture into the "Changes to smoking locations at Epcot" thread lest James Norrie tear you a new one (and then cram a carton of cigarettes into it).

HERE BE MONSTERS

Seanual757

I also forgot to mention that besides a reduction in the number of treat locations, the areas that still has them had noticibly less barrels and also had only one Cast Member working each one where as in years past they had two. The less labor made the lines longer as it wasn't as efficient.

I did notice that as well the longest line we encountered was at the Carousel of Progress that was a good 15 minute wait and by far the worst for candy.

JonnyK

Disappointed and Ashamed that i didn't get to purchase the tickets for Oct 31st, i was waiting to see if it was a good time to go or not then i found out its already sold out - it would been my first time attending the mickey's not so scary halloween party, ive done the christmas many times, Wanted to be able to participate going on Halloween and im out of luck. -- didnt think it would sell out fast, is there another way to find out if theyll distribute anymore or its done for good?

ToTBellHop

Disappointed and Ashamed that i didn't get to purchase the tickets for Oct 31st, i was waiting to see if it was a good time to go or not then i found out its already sold out - it would been my first time attending the mickey's not so scary halloween party, ive done the christmas many times, Wanted to be able to participate going on Halloween and im out of luck. -- didnt think it would sell out fast, is there another way to find out if theyll distribute anymore or its done for good?
Why did you think it wouldn't sell out? It sells out every year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom