Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is what the crowd looked like leaving the hub after the fireworks yesterday. The hotel concierge mentioned that they gave out a bunch of passes during Tuesday nights party since a lot of the entertainment was rained out which made Friday busier thenit probably would have been.

20160916_222747.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We made a last minute decision to go to the part last Friday, although getting the tickets was a little tricky. Wednesday afternoon we were staying at Port Orleans French Quarter so I though the easiest way would be to go to the concierge desk. He checked but could not find any availability, but suggested that I might be able to get tickets at the information booth at Disney Springs or at the MK gate. I went back to my room and tried calling to get tickets, and even though it said there was "limited availability" I was able to get the tickets over the phone. I just thought it was odd that I could get tickets over the phone, but not from the concierge.

When I went to pick up the tickets at the Disney Springs Information booth I forgot to bring photo id even though they did mention it on the phone. Fortunetly they begrudgingly accepted by wife's id. It's sort of funny that I was able to get on Amtrak to Orlando without any ID, but I needed photo ID to pick up tickets to a Halloween party at a theme park.

This was my first time at the party and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The whole atmosphere of the park was really fun, especially around the haunted mansion. It also helped that there was a full moon that night.

FigmentForver96

We made a last minute decision to go to the part last Friday, although getting the tickets was a little tricky. Wednesday afternoon we were staying at Port Orleans French Quarter so I though the easiest way would be to go to the concierge desk. He checked but could not find any availability, but suggested that I might be able to get tickets at the information booth at Disney Springs or at the MK gate. I went back to my room and tried calling to get tickets, and even though it said there was "limited availability" I was able to get the tickets over the phone. I just thought it was odd that I could get tickets over the phone, but not from the concierge.

When I went to pick up the tickets at the Disney Springs Information booth I forgot to bring photo id even though they did mention it on the phone. Fortunetly they begrudgingly accepted by wife's id. It's sort of funny that I was able to get on Amtrak to Orlando without any ID, but I needed photo ID to pick up tickets to a Halloween party at a theme park.

This was my first time at the party and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The whole atmosphere of the park was really fun, especially around the haunted mansion. It also helped that there was a full moon that night.
It really is a fun party and the atmosphere is so different and energetic. Sadly the problem is they keep cutting little things year after year and raising the price.

Sorry to be a debbie downer, I'm glad you had fun!

nerdboyrockstar

If by "newly imagined" you mean: how can we reuse 75-90% of our infrastructure from years past and make it look new and different with 1 new house and minimal re-dressing of sets.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Halloween Horror Nights but I've been almost every year since it's inception and the pattern of houses, props, zones, and themes are very predictable. Is it mostly "new" every year? More so that MNSSHP, sure, but I almost always get my dollars worth out of MNSSHP and only about half the time out of HHN.

(As an aside: I'm actually not sure how HHN doesn't get shutdown some nights with the amount of escalating bad behavior I've seen in the last 5-8 years.)

You're joking, right?

Anyway, MNSSHP was pretty bad this year compared to year's past. Haunted Mansion had a lot less going on, nothing in Golden Horseshoe where a character dance party used to be (no replacement that I saw), no DJ and music in Frontierland where there used to be, a lack of atmosphere in Adventureland... if it weren't for the candy and characters posted where I know they aren't usually, it would have felt like a regular park night. Too bad because it's my fave time at MK.

Bairstow

Attended the party on Friday it started off wet, but it cleared up after 45 minutes. I will say this is the most candy we are every gotten 26.6 lbs 8 bags worth this this year.
View attachment 163263

View attachment 163264

View attachment 163265
View attachment 163266

View attachment 163267

View attachment 163268

View attachment 163269

View attachment 163270

View attachment 163271

View attachment 163272

Wait, you walked out of there with 26 pounds of candy?
How were you even carrying it?

matt clark

I plan on bringing a few drawstring bags and folding them up and storing them in my cargo pockets so that I dont have to wait in a bag line. hopefully they can hold a lot.

Seanual757

I plan on bringing a few drawstring bags and folding them up and storing them in my cargo pockets so that I dont have to wait in a bag line. hopefully they can hold a lot.

They had plenty of bags as you enter, we grabbed a bunch but your idea is a good one. We stopped over at a store and grabbed two large Disney shopping bags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom