Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

nevol

I honestly don’t think we’ll get another quality firework show until the 75th. Hopefully by that time, the majority of he folks making bad decisions and coming up with poor concepts will be gone by then.

We have 11 years.
They just need to bring back Remember this summer. That was so bogus having Pixar Fest muddying up summertime, the only time Disneyland is fully operating as it was intended to without seasonal overlays. I literally didn't go once the entirety of 2018.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

They just need to bring back Remember this summer. That was so bogus having Pixar Fest muddying up summertime, the only time Disneyland is every fully operating as it was intended to without seasonal overlays. I literally didn't go once the entirety of 2018.

I watched a video of Remember this morning. It’s been nearly 15 years and they’ve still yet to come up with an equally as good or better show.

Pixar Fest was a travesty. Bogus, indeed. SMH.

nevol

I will not forget that the show has anything to do with Mickey! It was made especially for the Mickey and Minnie 90th birthday celebration. I just can’t decide whose fault this is, Disney’s or the people in the crowd enjoying it that are above the ago of 5.
Yea, I'm not actually advocating for that. I'm just saying if* you forget the show has anything to do with Mickey, and look at it as a dance party, and the songs still don't make sense, then here are a few loose ideas they must have used to string it together.

DLRP NEWS

I Don't get why they decided to make this birthday such a event if they had Nothing great to offer. Because let's be honest in WDW they Simply did a cheap revamp of Move It! Shake It! And in DLR they made a nightime show which has Nothing to do with Mickey …

They should have done special meet'n'greet with Mickey in different outfit (Steamboat Willie, Fantasia etc.), a show about it's history, update Mickey's Philarmagic, create a new musical show … So many better ideas, but they decided to go cheap ...

jrhwdw

They just need to bring back Remember this summer. That was so bogus having Pixar Fest muddying up summertime, the only time Disneyland is fully operating as it was intended to without seasonal overlays. I literally didn't go once the entirety of 2018.
RDCT did play before/after Pixar Fest in 2018.

Doesn't look like it happened yet but, if DL gets major bad reviews of MMM, might they turn into a Projection show like MM&Y and bring back RDCT?

I'm surprised DL isn't planning a SW Spectacular in honor of SWGE.

Curious Constance

I Don't get why they decided to make this birthday such a event if they had Nothing great to offer. Because let's be honest in WDW they Simply did a cheap revamp of Move It! Shake It! And in DLR they made a nightime show which has Nothing to do with Mickey …

They should have done special meet'n'greet with Mickey in different outfit (Steamboat Willie, Fantasia etc.), a show about it's history, update Mickey's Philarmagic, create a new musical show … So many better ideas, but they decided to go cheap ...
The more crowded the parks get, and the more money they rake in, the cheaper the seasonal offerings seem to become. :confused:

oo_nrb

Doesn't look like it happened yet but, if DL gets major bad reviews of MMM, might they turn into a Projection show like MM&Y and bring back RDCT?

I would love to see MMM as just a projection/multimedia show that runs a couple of times nightly in addition to a proper fireworks show. As a projection show, MMM is fantastic. As a Disneyland Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular, it's incredibly underwhelming.

Darkbeer1

I wonder if Disney got inspiration from Knott's, Six Flags Magic Mountain and others who got positive reviews for Snow and Glow at Knott's, Six Flags with its dancing lights to the music during Christmas time.

They were good ways to entertain guests.

As for the Disney version, the projections are nice, but the event is NOT a tribute to Mickey.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I suppose I'm the contrarian of the group. I enjoyed the show immensely.

l0Xkf9r.gif

maybe it's a tumor

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Due to the tremendous negative positive reaction to Mickey’s Mix Magic, It’ll return in 2020 as Mickey’s Ming Magic with a new segment based on the live action Mulan movie. Concept Art:
47F7C782-6536-4DCE-BB28-45D81C63325D.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom