Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

Figments Friend

So yeah, how about that 90th Anniversary...?
Of who..?

Oh, Mickey n' Minnie you say..?
Really..?

Well I sure as heck would have never known that judging from what i just saw.
Nope.
Not at all.

This bit of spastic, visually busy electronic jumble is not something that holds appeal for me, but I do like the 'dancing' spotlights in the sky.
Lights soaring above the Castle in Anaheim always looked cool to me.

-

Curious Constance

While I can see upper management demanding Frozen and Coco be included in the show, I have a hard time believing that the higher ups demanded they include segments with Aristocats, Jungle Book, Haunted Mansion, and Aladdin. So why were they included? Why in a celebration of Mickey Mouse show do we only see Mickey Mouse rapping embarrassingly bad? Really, I don’t care much since I’ll likely never see this show , but it just seems so random, I have to wonder.

Sharon&Susan

While I can see upper management demanding Frozen and Coco be included in the show, I have a hard time believing that the higher ups demanded they include segments with Aristocats, Jungle Book, Haunted Mansion, and Aladdin. So why were they included? Why in a celebration of Mickey Mouse show do we only see Mickey Mouse rapping embarrassingly bad? Really, I don’t care much since I’ll likely never see this show , but it just seems so random, I have to wonder.
Aladdin was included because of the live action movie coming out this year. With all the excess merchandise, the preview in the Magic Eye Theater and Will Smith’s Mickey’s Mix Magic, no one will be able to forget about live action Aladdin!

nevol

Forget the show has anything to do with Mickey. Its a dance party. The only reason Grim Grimming Ghosts is there is because it has a line about "a swinging wake" and grim grimming ghosts coming out to socialize might be all they need to segue into Coco. Similarly Jungle Book has a line about "I'm the king of the swingers' world" or something like that. Could be a loose word association with swing dancing again. The other songs, I haven't quite figured out yet. The transition from wanting to be human to suddenly everybody wants to be a cat. It is literally just odd word associations.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Just learned elsewhere online- the version of "It's a Good Time" isn't even the original- it's an American cover of a K-pop version (that looks like it was also done for Disney). I actually think this version is a touch better, but maybe it's cause I can't understand most of the words:

nevol

In Paris, they used videos from Hong Kong to make a pre-show to Disney Iluminations and it's better than this piece of ****

In Paris, it was even not an official happening. They announced it the day of its launch ...

WOW! This is the perfect mickey tribute. They could have added this to the beginning of Mix Magic so it was 1 part mickey tribute, 2 parts dance party (with the mickey song as the finale). Would be only been 3.5-4 additional minutes...

VJ

Just learned elsewhere online- the version of "It's a Good Time" isn't even the original- it's an American cover of a K-pop version (that looks like it was also done for Disney). I actually think this version is a touch better, but maybe it's cause I can't understand most of the words:

It's not a cover of a K-pop song. The song was commissioned by Disney especially for Mickey and Minnie's 90th anniversary. The above video is just one of the many localized versions of the song that will roll out globally in various languages.

As the Walt Disney Company gears up for the 2019 celebration of Mickey Mouse’s birthday with “Mickey’s 90th Spectacular” Sunday on ABC, the company is also preparing to drop an original tune, “It’s a Good Time,” written and produced by New York’s DJDTP for use in Disney theme parks around the world.
[...]
That’s exactly the upbeat vibe Walt Disney Imagineering & Parks Live executive in charge of music Matt Walker was looking for in a song to celebrate Mickey’s 90th. “We wanted a celebratory track that was musically infectious, memorable and made you want to dance,” he says, adding DJDTP’s “felt fresh.” The resulting single, “It’s a Good Time,” lives up to its title, combining big brass and a Broadway feel with a hip-hop bedrock of strong rhythm, layered with top 40 melody and vocal arrangements, according to Theodore, who also references the classic M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E chorus. (Minnie gets equal time, since it’s her 90th too.) “I wanted the pre-chorus to be rap, the verses to be song and then the chorus to just explode into a giant party,” he says. It is currently undergoing translations into multiple languages for distribution around the world.

Full article here.

SuddenStorm

WOW! This is the perfect mickey tribute. They could have added this to the beginning of Mix Magic so it was 1 part mickey tribute, 2 parts dance party (with the mickey song as the finale). Would be only been 3.5-4 additional minutes...

The show designers must have known that playing Paris's beautiful 3.5 minute (it fell apart as soon as Good Time came on) tribute to the Mouse before their cluster**** of a show would leave guests with a bad taste more than anything.

Curious Constance

Forget the show has anything to do with Mickey. Its a dance party. The only reason Grim Grimming Ghosts is there is because it has a line about "a swinging wake" and grim grimming ghosts coming out to socialize might be all they need to segue into Coco. Similarly Jungle Book has a line about "I'm the king of the swingers' world" or something like that. Could be a loose word association with swing dancing again. The other songs, I haven't quite figured out yet. The transition from wanting to be human to suddenly everybody wants to be a cat. It is literally just odd word associations.
I will not forget that the show has anything to do with Mickey! It was made especially for the Mickey and Minnie 90th birthday celebration. I just can’t decide whose fault this is, Disney’s or the people in the crowd enjoying it that are above the ago of 5.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Disney was never hip, it's not supposed to be. I love Disney because it had that timeless charm you couldn't get anywhere else unless it was Christmas time. Disney isn't hip but all the hip kids secretly love those timeless soundtracks used in shows like Spectromagic, MSEP, Remember, wishes and possible Happily Ever After which they managed to keep some of that charm. Why do you think everyone of all ages no matter how much they said they hated starlight starbright can sing along and still pretend to hide it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom