Mickey Party Tickets NOW ON SALE!

lscott933

Minnietoo
user_offline.gif

New Here
WDWMAGIC Guest

Got a question. For the night of the party if I have tix do i need to still wait until 180 days out before I can book my dinning for that night?
__________________ i called yesterday and they said it had to be 180 days out or if your coming before you can make them out 180 day plus all your days for the whole trip. she looked all round in her system. you used to be able to make them when the tickets come out.

Shadowdawn

We just bought ours today too. I guess we're going on a DVC night? 10/2. Since it's his first time in the World and our first party it seemed like a fair price.

Main Street USA

I don't care what the cost is. The parties are WELL worth it to me. Granted I'm going solo so I'm only buying one ticket, but :shrug:
This is the attitude they're counting on. They'll KEEP raising it this much every single year, or maybe more, until a decent amount of people finally decide not to put up with it anymore.

It's just a blatant slap in the face. No.....wait, a $5 increase would be a blatant slap in the face. I don't even know what kind of physical abuse to compare $10 to.

People that go with their normal family of 4 basically have to pay for a 5th party ticket this year. Not to mention those that have even larger families or groups as mentioned by others above.

I usually look right past an annual price increase, as it comes with the normal inflation. Resort prices go up, food prices, package prices, and so on....but this one finally caught my eye. We had a huge, long thread on here about when Disney raised the ticket prices up just a hair. People were absolutely furious and called the Disney people every name in the book...and that was for a few bucks. I just can't believe so many people would tolerate this type of arbitrary "let's see how high we can raise it" increase. I'd call it theft if people weren't willingly giving them the money. Although, in effect it's what Disney is trying to do with this one. They're offering nothing more, and in fact taking away something, and expecting more money for it.

This is as low as I've ever seen Disney go when it comes to their parks. Period.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
^^ Not to start a fight, but hey, if you're not going it's one less person in the park that night :shrug:

Call me brainwashed (my family and friends already have) but as a former Castmember and life-long Disney fan, I don't care what you say, I'll always love Disney and will pay to vacation there at least once a year.

Goofy's Girl

I just purchased tickets for MVMCP for Dec. 4th. Last year I paid $42.55 with tax for a ticket. This year I will only be there on the dates that are now called Premium Nights and the tickets are $59.59. That is $17.04 more per ticket.:eek: Since this trip was an anniversary gift to my husband I asked him if he would like to go to MVMCP again this year and he said yes. If the price keeps increasing I don't know if I would buy them next time.:shrug:

Main Street USA

^^ Not to start a fight, but hey, if you're not going it's one less person in the park that night :shrug:

Call me brainwashed (my family and friends already have) but as a former Castmember and life-long Disney fan, I don't care what you say, I'll always love Disney and will pay to vacation there at least once a year.
I didn't call you dumb for paying, or even say you shouldn't. I also didn't say I wasn't going. I was asking where you draw the line. Heck, I'm still going, but only because I can afford it. Unfortunately, whether or not a person can afford it is beside the point. Being able to afford it doesn't make it a fair price. If they had raised it to $90 this year would you have paid it? If so, then you're allowing them to do whatever they want, including taking advantage of the very people that have made the parks what they are...the guests.

Again, my only point is that there has to be a line they can't cross. I know they're VERY near it this year, and for some they've already crossed it because they CAN'T afford it, not because they don't want to.

Main Street USA

I just purchased tickets for MVMCP for Dec. 4th. Last year I paid $42.55 with tax for a ticket. This year I will only be there on the dates that are now called Premium Nights and the tickets are $59.59. That is $17.04 more per ticket.:eek: Since this trip was an anniversary gift to my husband I asked him if he would like to go to MVMCP again this year and he said yes. If the price keeps increasing I don't know if I would buy them next time.:shrug:
See? An over $17 increase for this particular guest PER TICKET. That simply shouldn't happen unless they're offering something new, and they aren't.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'd still pay it at this point, but the extra $34 for some people would mean they CAN'T go anymore.

nerdboyrockstar

Between dining, the strollers, tickets, etc., I'd really like some Disney news that doesn't involve a prince increase.

Thank GOD Toy Story Mania is opening..

Cane27

I didn't call you dumb for paying, or even say you shouldn't. I also didn't say I wasn't going. I was asking where you draw the line. Heck, I'm still going, but only because I can afford it. Unfortunately, whether or not a person can afford it is beside the point. Being able to afford it doesn't make it a fair price. If they had raised it to $90 this year would you have paid it? If so, then you're allowing them to do whatever they want, including taking advantage of the very people that have made the parks what they are...the guests.

Again, my only point is that there has to be a line they can't cross. I know they're VERY near it this year, and for some they've already crossed it because they CAN'T afford it, not because they don't want to.

I can afford it to, but the reason I can is that I am willing to draw the line when cost/value gets too out of whack.

Horizonstta

A $10 ticket increase does sound bad. But when you look at the percentage increase from last year, it looks worse.

Premium Nights: Halloween 21.7% Adult, 25% Child - Christmas 16.7% Adult, 21.9% Child

Advance Purchase Nights: Halloween 25.7% Adult, 30.4% Child - Christmas 19.5% Adult, 26.5% Child

Even the Pirate & Princess parties had a significant percentage increase from last year; 26.7% for an adult and 34.9% for a child (using the advanced purchase prices). Even with those hefty increases, guests were treated to only one showing of Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade as well as other reduced entertainment.

I'll still be going, but maybe not as often as I did last year.

skellington216

Question about MNSSHP OCT 08

I am looking to attend MNSSHP again on October 23 while at Disney World on a Land/Sea Disney Cruise package. I am a bit confused though, as it shows on the Disney World Website Calendar that October 23 is an Extra Magic Hours night at the Magic Kingdom. Does anyone know how that works, or is it a typo on the Disney Site? Thanks.

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
I am looking to attend MNSSHP again on October 23 while at Disney World on a Land/Sea Disney Cruise package. I am a bit confused though, as it shows on the Disney World Website Calendar that October 23 is an Extra Magic Hours night at the Magic Kingdom. Does anyone know how that works, or is it a typo on the Disney Site? Thanks.

On October 23, the Magic Kingdom will host a morning Extra Magic Hours Benefit. Guest at Disney owned at operated Resorts may enter the park 1 hour prior to the official opening time.

Note on Price Increase...

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is still the lowest priced (and best value) Halloween Party in Central Florida. Universal Halloween Horror Nights are priced higher per person and offer fewer hours in the park.

sublimesting

:fork:To play devil's advocate I am still trying to decide whether to go. Now, I love Halloween, but it seems to me that I am paying almost a full day's admission to basically see a kick ______ parade and fireworks show and look at decorations. Alot of people are saying that you get to ride rides which is true, but not ALL the rides, and when I go in the summer I can ride those rides without paying extra and they are ALL open. We don't have kids and don't really care about the trick or treating or dancing and what not. We'll probably go as we may never be there in the fall again and do want to know what all the hubbub is about but for what it is the price seems rather steep.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
:fork:To play devil's advocate I am still trying to decide whether to go. Now, I love Halloween, but it seems to me that I am paying almost a full day's admission to basically see a kick ______ parade and fireworks show and look at decorations. Alot of people are saying that you get to ride rides which is true, but not ALL the rides, and when I go in the summer I can ride those rides without paying extra and they are ALL open. We don't have kids and don't really care about the trick or treating or dancing and what not. We'll probably go as we may never be there in the fall again and do want to know what all the hubbub is about but for what it is the price seems rather steep.

All valid points....and I think from that, you would be best off not going. I do think you will leave saying, "I paid all of that for that?"

y2jb78

I have a few questions for anyone who has attended this before. Do you have to buy a separate admission for MK that day? (Meaning do you have to buy a ticket to get into MK and then one to stay for the party?) If not, is everything open after 4 pm, and if so, is that enough time to do everything in MK with all the activities going on? Thanks a lot for your input!

Thessair

I have a few questions for anyone who has attended this before. Do you have to buy a separate admission for MK that day? (Meaning do you have to buy a ticket to get into MK and then one to stay for the party?) If not, is everything open after 4 pm, and if so, is that enough time to do everything in MK with all the activities going on? Thanks a lot for your input!

If you want to go to the MK before 4pm, you'll need a regular admission for that. From 4pm onward, you just need the MNSSHP ticket. As I recall from last year, everything is open until around 6 and that's when they shift over to the party ride schedule. Unfortunately, I don't have a map handy to tell you everything that was open during MNSSHP last year, but I'm sure someone will. If you're planning on catching the parade, HalloWishes, the Mix & Mingle, and the trick or treating, your schedule is going to be a bit packed if you want to ride everything that is open. You may get to, but by the time you factor in things like getting around before and after the parades and eating dinner, I wouldn't count on being able to catch all the special events and ride everything. But that's just my $.02.

jimmyritt33

We booked for this September just for the Free Dining experience. I thought we were early enough to avoid these events, ugh. I love the WDW experience and all but these parties turn me off a little. How can I justfiy spending around $150 for around 5 hours? Not to mention the fact that the park closes early on these evenings. I know that there are plenty of other places to see and things to do, but when you get to Disney every 3 or 4 years you want to spend as much time as possible in the parks. i think a few years from now I will have to remind my wife why we love to go in early April so much.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We booked for this September just for the Free Dining experience. I thought we were early enough to avoid these events, ugh. I love the WDW experience and all but these parties turn me off a little. How can I justfiy spending around $150 for around 5 hours? Not to mention the fact that the park closes early on these evenings. I know that there are plenty of other places to see and things to do, but when you get to Disney every 3 or 4 years you want to spend as much time as possible in the parks. i think a few years from now I will have to remind my wife why we love to go in early April so much.

I can understand that many cannot justify the extra money for the party, but as far as restricting regular time...normal September park closing is 8 or 9 so you are only loosing 1-2 hours on those days....not really a hardship. If you add in the EMH times and your loss is more than recouped. And I believe except for holiday related dates, normal closing for MK is also 9:00 for April...so again, very little difference.

Possibly you go to MK every day on your trip, but if you enjoy other parks, with a little planning, there will be NO impact at all.

Sorry you are regretting your decision.
Also note, if you are going the first week in Sept., Night of Joy takes over Studios on the 5 and 6th

Food and Wine begins the last week of September (and causes no restrictions)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom