News Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway opening day reports

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Standby, no Fastpass! This trip came as a surprise so I wasn’t able to book any in advance.

I was in the Preshow Theater at 10:25
Is there a wait between the preshow and boarding the train (like TOT has)? Or is it basically walk straight onto the train?

jt04

Perfect opportunity to deploy dual Boarding Groups. Two rides, choose one.

Standby later in the day. I should get paid for this.😆

jt04

Waits will remain lower on rides like MMRR and Rat, simply because of perspective. Not many people know that there is barely any queue inside of the Chinese theater, so, seeing the "mass" of switchbacks out front will scare people off. While Rat hides its switchbacks better, I expect a similar phenomenon. Other than its awesome word of mouth, the fact that FoP hides most of its queue is a big reason why its wait times stay so high.

WoM could change that. I personally expect very long queues for mmrr to be standard unless it is raining or 100°. Or both.

Jeremy Geertsema

So going forward, if u want to rope drop this and get a boarding pass for Rise, is that possible? Getting worried about that aspect. It would be nice if they didn’t open the ride till 8am to allow for boarding pass retrieval, but it is understandable because of crowds. Curious about this going forward.

disneygeek90

You can’t have people in two virtual queues at the same time, that’s not remotely fair to people who get there too late and it increases demand far too much on other attractions.
If the ride stayed at 300 mins all day it would look a little rough, but I'm pretty surprised its tapered down to a reasonable 100 mins and others reporting here that it's even shorter.

Lilofan

Waiting in line in the middle of August for several hours outside would be difficult. It's good the opening was in March.

Magic Feather

WoM could change that. I personally expect very long queues for mmrr to be standard unless it is raining or 100°. Or both.
Psychologically, as long as the queue appears temporary, it gives people the mindset that this is an abnormally large wait, regardless of what the waittime sign said. there is a reason that when GMR got a somewhat permanent seeming extended queue off to the side by OMD it saw its wait times increase.

Purduevian

Here is the posted wait times for MMRR on opening day vs some other popular rides around WDW:
1583351412155.png

Thanks to Thrill-Data

Also compare MMRR Opening day:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom