News Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway opening day reports

iMax

Yeah, cause who doesn’t like standing in a line half the day!

Rather that happen then what happened with Rise opening day, unadvertised the boarding group system leaving SEVERAL guests furious that they couldn't get on making Disney have to compensate them simply because they're spoiled.

DarkMetroid567

They could have pretty easily corrected that in a second boarding group attempt.

Right! Virtual Queue at DHS Rise was done very haphazardly at the beginning because it was a last-minute hail mary from ops that ended up working well for them. Remember that the one BG per day limit, backup boarding groups, etc. were all later decisions that would end up being announced for DL Rise before it opened.

Still not the biggest VQ guy, but I think it's been appropriately figured out to an extent.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'm guessing it'll be down to 45 minutes an hour before the park closes just like smugglers run was on opening day.
I expect it to go down, but do keep in mind that Smuggler's opened with no FP.
The park also had 2 fewer rides then. I bet it still is posted at 60 minutes or less by 15 minutes to park close. An hour to park close I'll go with 75 or less.

Magic Feather

The park also had 2 fewer rides then. I bet it still is posted at 60 minutes or less by 15 minutes to park close. An hour to park close I'll go with 75 or less.
I'd be willing to bet that will be the actual wait, but I doubt they will post it at that. They will want to be scaring off more people than they are taking on when they are dealing with the "fun" that is ops during Nighttime shows. I'd bet that most of the ops/guest flow team weren't even here in the GMR days to have the experience necessary. I'm sure they have a plan, but the first time is usually rough.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Down to 3 hours now...

The ride capacity will be interesting to note. It has the potential to match TGMR when it's running at peak performance but its going to be a much tougher ride to run at full capacity than TGMR, with the configuration of the rows and the shorter dispatch intervals required to hit that capacity (they'll need to dispatch every 53 seconds with completely full trains to hit TGMRs OHRC of 2160)

If it can hit it's capacity the line should stabilize at a lower number fairly quickly.

@lentesta y'all counting ride exits today?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Standby is now contained within the area and at 3 hours.

C361EEDF-8EAA-4AA3-B7F1-AC7B1AD75A1B.jpeg

Giss Neric

Has the ride broke down yet? The only part I think would be problematic would be the TLC don't go chasing.... simulation scene. There I changed it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom