News Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway opening day reports

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Down to a (reasonable) 140 minutes (2 hr 20 mins). Seems to have been running pretty well so far (at least I haven't specifically seen any signs of breakdowns). Hopefully this trend continues (would seemingly bode well for the opening of Rat).

yensidtlaw1969

I rope-dropped this morning and got on the end of the line in front of the old Villains in Vogue shop - sign said 150 minutes and I was on in maybe an hour.

I’m in line again - says 120, got in line at 9:55 and am about to enter The Chinese Theater. If my experience is any indication (and it may not be!) they are WAY overstating the wait times.

Magic Feather

Waits will remain lower on rides like MMRR and Rat, simply because of perspective. Not many people know that there is barely any queue inside of the Chinese theater, so, seeing the "mass" of switchbacks out front will scare people off. While Rat hides its switchbacks better, I expect a similar phenomenon. Other than its awesome word of mouth, the fact that FoP hides most of its queue is a big reason why its wait times stay so high.

Surferboy567

This thing eats crowds so quickly. Very good if it’s reliable. Definitely great for people who can’t get on rise, as well as people who can. It’s a great experience all around. Probably one if not the best Disney dark ride in a LONG time.

Surferboy567

Waits will remain lower on rides like MMRR and Rat, simply because of perspective. Not many people know that there is barely any queue inside of the Chinese theater, so, seeing the "mass" of switchbacks out front will scare people off. While Rat hides its switchbacks better, I expect a similar phenomenon. Other than its awesome word of mouth, the fact that FoP hides most of its queue is a big reason why its wait times stay so high.

FoP queue wraps all the way to festival of lion king. I wouldn’t call that hiding the queue.

Surferboy567

That only happens during the opening when people can't fill the queue fast enough during park open. Outside of the first hour, FoP's queue usually hovers right around the entrance, with some spillover into the small extended queue.

Gotcha, I can only speak to what I’ve seen...which largely means rope dropping Pandora.

lentesta

Premium Member
Down to 3 hours now...

The ride capacity will be interesting to note. It has the potential to match TGMR when it's running at peak performance but its going to be a much tougher ride to run at full capacity than TGMR, with the configuration of the rows and the shorter dispatch intervals required to hit that capacity (they'll need to dispatch every 53 seconds with completely full trains to hit TGMRs OHRC of 2160)

If it can hit it's capacity the line should stabilize at a lower number fairly quickly.

@lentesta y'all counting ride exits today?

We will tomorrow. Had to bop to Epcot for Flower and Garden.

disneygeek90

I rope-dropped this morning and got on the end of the line in front of the old Villains in Vogue shop - sign said 150 minutes and I was on in maybe an hour.

I’m in line again - says 120, got in line at 9:55 and am about to enter The Chinese Theater. If my experience is any indication (and it may not be!) they are WAY overstating the wait times.
What time did you get to the parking booths/security?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom