News Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway opening day reports

disneygeek90

For those that have ridden today, any guestimations on how long it takes if the line is contained in/in front of the theater?

Posted at 165 but I don’t know if I buy that. Want to hop in line

Edit: As I was about to walk up they closed the line. I’d call it about 7:50

Last edited:

Phineas

Waited about an hour and 45 minutes for this. I’ve never been on property for opening day of any attraction, and I’m so glad I was able to experience it. It’s zany, and to me, really technically impressive. This is coming from someone who adores the divisive new shorts, but I found the experience charming and hilarious. I can’t wait until I’m back on property and the wait times are more conducive to multiple rides.

And the available merch is really fun, if that’s your thing. I got an art print, a pin, and one of those blind bag Wishables-a cast member was cool and helped me feel the bags to find the one I wanted.

jinx8402

Just went to get in the Standby line for a final ride before the end of the day but was turned away - apparently Standby closes at 7:55 so the Chinese Theater Courtyard will be clear of guests by Fireworks time. Which makes sense, but I wish I’d known in advance #NowYouKnow

This would also explain it not being part of evening EMH.

yensidtlaw1969

So going forward, if u want to rope drop this and get a boarding pass for Rise, is that possible? Getting worried about that aspect. It would be nice if they didn’t open the ride till 8am to allow for boarding pass retrieval, but it is understandable because of crowds. Curious about this going forward.
I did it this morning - got my Boarding Group from the courtyard of the Chinese Theater. Rode Railway a second time while I waited for my Boarding Group to be called. Might be tougher to get cell reception if you’re inside the theater (or worse, already on the ride - today they were running before 8:00, so it could happen if you get unlucky with timing).

disneygeek90

Just went to get in the Standby line for a final ride before the end of the day but was turned away - apparently Standby closes at 7:55 so the Chinese Theater Courtyard will be clear of guests by Fireworks time. Which makes sense, but I wish I’d known in advance #NowYouKnow
I walked up at 7:53 and was turned away. I would have shoved the half a grilled cheese down at Woodys lunch box a lot quicker if I’d known too.

Phineas

Wishables are cute. Which one did you want/get? :)
55AC0B71-A7CC-4AE9-8750-F1CB73ED0BBF.jpeg

CJR

The cast at DHS sure has been doing an awesome job handling the crowds, I was very impressed this evening.

The park did seem way less busy than I was expecting, but it's also been a while since I was at DHS.

LOVED the ride and I think it will very quickly become a favorite. It seems like the capacity will fare well over time. Still have the song stuck in my head. A very welcome addition to DHS.

jt04

You're missing the point of the boarding groups. By all accounts M&MRR is more efficient and more reliable.

Yes, I noticed after I wrote that how efficient the system is. Not a good candidate for BGs.

Would love to see this technology installed in a slow mover like IaSW or LWtL. It is mesmerizing. But that is a separate thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom