Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

SonnyEcipse

9BE1ACDF-D6A6-490E-9590-B27851EDA415.png
New Runaway Railway merchandise is now available exclusively at Boxlunch of all places.....

Haymarket2008

I suppose this is a broader discussion, but when do we think the pre-show is coming back? I really don’t want to ride it unless I’m getting the full experience. I’m going in November and I’d be shocked if it wasn’t back by then.

Also what’s the consensus on plexiglass?

rle4lunch

got to finally ride this last week for the first time. our trip last year, we missed it opening by 1 day (1 day!). great, inventive ride. went into it completely cold, so it was a nice surprise. much better than its dated predecessor (I know, blasphemy!). would love to know what the pre show was though. i guess i can youtube it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
got to finally ride this last week for the first time. our trip last year, we missed it opening by 1 day (1 day!). great, inventive ride. went into it completely cold, so it was a nice surprise. much better than its dated predecessor (I know, blasphemy!). would love to know what the pre show was though. i guess i can youtube it.

Blasphemy, indeed. 😉

It’s a lot of whizz/bang/projections, impossible to take it all in, even with multiple rides. A lot of flash and very little substance.

rle4lunch

Blasphemy, indeed. 😉

It’s a lot of whizz/bang/projections, impossible to take it all in, even with multiple rides. A lot of flash and very little substance.

we road it twice, and tried to look at different stuff each time.

a ride like this really doesn't need substance. this one is pure escapism based on a totally irreverent series of cartoon shorts that are really, really funny.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
we road it twice, and tried to look at different stuff each time.

a ride like this really doesn't need substance. this one is pure escapism based on a totally irreverent series of cartoon shorts that are really, really funny.

Then perhaps they should have built new instead of tearing out a ride that had substance? 😉

It really doesn’t move the needle much for me as a ride. The total-immersion/what-the-f-is-going-on-all-around-me isn’t terribly appealing to me. Looking at one thing but miss 8 other things, or having to “Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel!” your way through a scene isn’t fun, it’s overwhelming, and it’s sensory overload.

Stupido

Then perhaps they should have built new instead of tearing out a ride that had substance? 😉

It really doesn’t move the needle much for me as a ride. The total-immersion/what-the-f-is-going-on-all-around-me isn’t terribly appealing to me. Looking at one thing but miss 8 other things, or having to “Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel! Squirrel!” your way through a scene isn’t fun, it’s overwhelming, and it’s sensory overload.
See, it reminds me of Theatre. I'm very lucky to have grown up in NYC, with an extremely strong understanding of Rushes, Lottos, and Student Tickets. There are some Broadway shows I've seen over 20 times. What makes a good show great is taking advantage of the entire stage, and giving each chorus member a "track." It encourages the audience to pay attention to more than the main action, and rewards viewers for going that extra mile. The depth directors have added into their shows with a small action that maybe 30% of the audience will even notice is astonishing.

The way this attraction is set up allows for guests to have a personal experience, taking it what speaks to them. You can always reride it if you feel like you've missed something. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom