Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Jon81uk

FWIW, the ride looks like a fantastic family dark ride. The type of which this park was desperate for. Great job by TDO.
and this was one of the issues with GMR, although it was fairly family friendly (maybe a little scary with gunshot etc), it didn't have that great appeal as many people won't recognise the older movies. MMRR does appear to be a proper all family dark ride.

UNCgolf

This is basically what Little Mermaid and FEA should have been (and NRJ too, but in a different way). Full of details and life. It looks excellent.

Hopefully Disney realizes they could build omnimover/boat style dark rides similar to this without the extra bells and whistles of the trackless system and it would be a tremendous D ticket. Give refurb budgets to Little Mermaid and FEA and let them deck those rides out (the NRJ issues cannot be fixed).

It shouldn't have replaced the Great Movie Ride, but at least that ride was replaced with something fun. Significantly better than replacing Horizons with Mission: Space, for example.

Last edited:

Steph15251

I agree with that. I rewatched the preview, and I fully get the vibe now after not fully appreciating it. The ride looks extremely well done. It's like The execution of Pooh's Hunny Hunt in that it knows its IP and uses the tech extremely well, but then at a larger scale.

One thing I would like to mention that's not a spoiler is that I couldn't believe how great a concept of having a train split up into multiple trackless vehicles is. I completely overlooked this but it's brilliant. So many things are like out of an actual short with cleverness about.

A park with Rise, Tot, and Mickey frankly makes Hollywood Studios (despite its faults) world-class. Overcrowding is a concern so a new land seems inevitable and will only make it better. Man, Disneyland is going to be legendary come 2022!
Yes Hollywood studios is going to need more rides like at least 6 more rides and better shows.I wish they decided to put GoG cosmic rewind in DHS instead of Epcot.

Steph15251

This is basically what Little Mermaid and FEA should have been (and NRJ too, but in a different way). Full of details and life. It looks excellent.

Hopefully Disney realizes they could build omnimover/boat style dark rides similar to this without the extra bells and whistles of the trackless system and it would be a tremendous D ticket. Give refurb budgets to Little Mermaid and FEA and let them deck those rides out (the NRJ issues cannot be fixed).

It shouldn't have replaced the Great Movie Ride, but at least it was replaced with something fun. Significantly better than replacing Horizons with Mission: Space, for example.
What is FEA ,I do agree they should refurb littie mermaid.

InnKpr

I think this animation style is perfect for this type of application. Frenetic and dynamic, fits the runaway train motiff.

FWIW, the ride looks like a fantastic family dark ride. The type of which this park was desperate for. Great job by TDO.
I still can't say I'm a fan of this style of animation for the cartoon shorts in comparison to some of the styles from yesteryear, but after watching the video clips, I can definitely see this working for the attraction. Looks good so far.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What is FEA

Time for a bookmark!...

Jabbas

I think Hollywood studios is one the best parks right now. A park for all ages. I do think Indiana Jones and the little mermaid are in need of upgrades or replacement. I live in FL and tend to come to the parks when a family member comes to visit, for some reason I always got a stuck with Hollywood studios the day I went to see them. I remember loathing that park. This is great. Loving all the new editions, I’m excited for Epcot.

PSM

As a huge fan of the new Mickey cartoon shorts and this style of animation, I’m very excited to get on this ride next time I’m there.

Since the original announcement and based on the name, I’ll admit I was hoping for a little bit more of a thrill aspect, but the application of the animation style to the technology and visuals in the ride looks phenomenal from the video.

The only thing that caught my attention was the screen of Goofy in the train engine cutting off on the top edge, making it obvious it’s a screen. Not sure what’s going on there, as it almost looks accidental.

PSM

I’ll also mention that I’m a thrill junky but now having a just turned two year old and a second on the way, I’ve really grown to appreciate the need for a lot of family-friendly attractions, particularly for younger kids.

The last time I took our son was a few months ago before he turned two and we only had two days for the parks without a park hopper. Day one was Magic Kingdom for obvious reasons and when I mentioned to my brother that we were doing Animal Kingdom for the second day, he was shocked (he doesn’t have kids). I had to point out that at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, there just aren’t many attractions fitting for a really young child and most of the stuff my wife and I would want to do we couldn’t bring him on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom