Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

DonaldDoleWhip

The difference between a Rise boarding group and a Rat/MMRR boarding group is that the latter shouldn't completely dissipate within 15 minutes of park opening (except possibly on Day 1). They'd last longer throughout the day, while giving guests a chance to guarantee their ride and enjoy the rest of the park. A great option compared to the nightmare FoP was (and still is) for anyone without a FastPass.

I like the idea and think it would really benefit the upcoming wave of attraction openings, at least during the first few weeks of operation when demand is higher and downtime is likelier.

techgeek

The difference between a Rise boarding group and a Rat/MMRR boarding group is that the latter shouldn't completely dissipate within 15 minutes of park opening (except possibly on Day 1). They'd last longer throughout the day, while giving guests a chance to guarantee their ride and enjoy the rest of the park. A great option compared to the nightmare FoP was (and still is) for anyone without a FastPass.

If I'm willing to wait in a standby line that I can actually join, I'm 'guaranteed' to ride every other ride on property. I can walk on FoP any day of the year, right up until park closing time, and ride. I'll take that with a 2 hour line anytime over having to be in the park before opening time and receiving a 'random' ride slot that doesn't have a guaranteed time associated with it.

Tom Morrow

I’m shaking my head that anyone is happy that this ride will be hundreds less than that.

If it could actually handle 2100 an hour that’d be a step in the right direction.
Hopefully they will reach close to this sooner rather than later.

How many attractions operate at close to THRC? Obviously 100% is impossible. What would you say is a reasonable goal if 2100 is theoretical? 2000?
It varies per attraction. The THRC is not impossible (well, hitting it exactly pretty much is) but attractions usually hit at least 100 riders less per hour no matter how hard the operations team tries, because there will always be delays, slow guests, etc. The OHRC is determined by including an expected number of delays. The type of delays and how much they affect the capacity also vary per attraction.

Last edited:

DarkMetroid567

If I'm willing to wait in a standby line that I can actually join, I'm 'guaranteed' to ride every other ride on property. I can walk on FoP any day of the year, right up until park closing time, and ride. I'll take that with a 2 hour line anytime over having to be in the park before opening time and receiving a 'random' ride slot that doesn't have a guaranteed time associated with it.

Many here forget that the vague estimated waits for boarding groups often conflict with other plans, especially in other parks. It wasn’t uncommon to see someone arrive at 7, get boarding group 105, but then tell us about their lunch/dinner plans at Epcot. 2 hours is admittedly a generous window, but it still wasn’t quite working for a lot of guests.

Boarding groups cause you to invest your state of mind into Rise of the Resistance. You will never stop thinking about it or worrying about it until your group is called.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Many here forget that the vague estimated waits for boarding groups often conflict with other plans, especially in other parks. It wasn’t uncommon to see someone arrive at 7, get boarding group 105, but then tell us about their lunch/dinner plans at Epcot. 2 hours is admittedly a generous window, but it still wasn’t quite working for a lot of guests.

Boarding groups cause you to invest your state of mind into Rise of the Resistance. You will never stop thinking about it or worrying about it until your group is called.

Imagine what a six hour wait in a queue does to one's plans.

nickys

Premium Member
god how many times are we going to talk around ourselves

if a six hour queue doesn’t fit your plans, you Don’t Join It. that is how literally every E-ticket attraction in history has worked.

Agreed.

However you were complaining that the 2 hour window wasn’t working for some people. @MisterPenguin was saying that it offers more options than waiting in an actual line for 6 hours.

DonaldDoleWhip

But that's the thing: for MMRR and Rat (aside from the first day or so) you wouldn't have to be in the park by opening, because the supply vs. demand and operational challenges plaguing RotR don't apply. Guardians is more of a wildcard due to its innovative ride system, but 2020's openings and even Tron should be way smoother than Rise.

Assuming these attractions aren't immediately available with FP+, boarding groups give guests a chance to experience them as a bonus, instead of having to show up well before park opening & survive the rope drop dash (which has gotten increasingly aggressive over the years, even for attractions like Slinky) or settle for a 2-4 hour standby wait. It also means people aren't stuck in a queue for every instance of downtime, which is more common during the first few weeks of operation.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They aren’t getting close to theoretical due to unforeseen operational issues.
Are you saying they're encountering issues that didn't occur during pre-opening testing?

Or is their "unforeseen operational issue" the sheer number of people trying to ride it?

Goofyernmost

god how many times are we going to talk around ourselves

if a six hour queue doesn’t fit your plans, you Don’t Join It. that is how literally every E-ticket attraction in history has worked.
It is my opinion that anyone that would join a 6 hours queue for a theme park ride has serious problems and should see a doctor sooner rather then later. However, it might make a good Litmus test to determine complete insanity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom