Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

djkidkaz

What would this ride most be compared to? All I keep hearing is screens and projections. So like Ratatouille? That’s a trackless dark ride with a bunch of screens surrounded by physical sets. Someone posted Mystic Manor, but I feel like that is more physical sets so probably not an accurate comparison.

yensidtlaw1969

What would this ride most be compared to? All I keep hearing is screens and projections. So like Ratatouille? That’s a trackless dark ride with a bunch of screens surrounded by physical sets. Someone posted Mystic Manor, but I feel like that is more physical sets so probably not an accurate comparison.
If you filled the old Great Movie Ride building with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride-like 2D cutouts, projection mapped them like the Castle in Happily Ever After, threw some Ratatouille-style Screens in between, dressed them all up in the style of the new Mickey Cartoons, and rode through it in Mystic Manor's cars . . . you'd basically have what they're building.

Magic Feather

If you filled the old Great Movie Ride building with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride-like 2D cutouts, projection mapped them like the Castle in Happily Ever After, threw some Ratatouille-style Screens in between, dressed them all up in the style of the new Mickey Cartoons, and rode through it in Mystic Manor's cars . . . you'd basically have what they're building.
My favorite description I've heard is "Mystic Manor's Finale had a Baby with Mr. Toad's, but it was way bigger than either of them"

Magic Feather

I’ve heard it mentioned for all forthcoming major attractions. Must be the current buzzword in TDO Towers.
Not a surprise considering the three major attractions opening/having recently opened (RotR, MMRR, Rat) all have abysmally small queues. If the Hagrid's queue is a marathon, than these queues are a RunDisney Kids Race.

JediMasterMatt

Not a surprise considering the three major attractions opening/having recently opened (RotR, MMRR, Rat) all have abysmally small queues. If the Hagrid's queue is a marathon, than these queues are a RunDisney Kids Race.

You mean you aren't surprised that they don't want to built queues that can house 6,000+ people for multiple hours, if the plan is to eventually turn FP loose on these lines?

While the standby lines on these new attractions may eventually hold multiple hours of people, ops intent is that you dissuade people from getting in queue for it. The queue may house a fraction of what would be needed without FP; but, it's still going to be multiple hours of standby at the ratios they will be using. The easiest way to keep people from lining up for standby is to make sure the line is full and spilling out where it can deter people from getting in line for it.

I'm pleasantly surprised on multiple fronts how well both the virtual queue boarding system worked the last week or so when we were in town for Alcatraz's opening and the progress that has been made in this short period of time in operational uptime and capacity. They've found somewhat of a sweet spot for the current technical bugs with the number of RVs in use and uptime and the true mechanical gremlins have been the ones that have resulted in the more lengthy downtimes. Software based resets are in the 45 minute ballpark and mechanical issues are the open ended downtimes. I know when we left town last Sunday, they were now going to start trying to up the loaded RV count to start stretching the capacity further.

This could've been far, far worse than it's turned out to be.

Virtual boarding groups at this point in time seem to be a much more fair solution to the not getting into an actual physical queue philosophy than FP as it controls the pace of those returning much more efficiently than a "guaranteed" return time that FP provides. If your new attraction is having a rough morning operationally speaking, you kick the can down the road for everyone instead of just taking all of those with a guaranteed return time that were missed and then having to deal with all of them showing back up once the attraction comes back online.

I for one welcome our new virtual boarding group overlords as an improvement over FP; but, would openly relish the days of standby only making a return everywhere.

rle4lunch

You mean you aren't surprised that they don't want to built queues that can house 6,000+ people for multiple hours, if the plan is to eventually turn FP loose on these lines?

While the standby lines on these new attractions may eventually hold multiple hours of people, ops intent is that you dissuade people from getting in queue for it. The queue may house a fraction of what would be needed without FP; but, it's still going to be multiple hours of standby at the ratios they will be using. The easiest way to keep people from lining up for standby is to make sure the line is full and spilling out where it can deter people from getting in line for it.

I'm pleasantly surprised on multiple fronts how well both the virtual queue boarding system worked the last week or so when we were in town for Alcatraz's opening and the progress that has been made in this short period of time in operational uptime and capacity. They've found somewhat of a sweet spot for the current technical bugs with the number of RVs in use and uptime and the true mechanical gremlins have been the ones that have resulted in the more lengthy downtimes. Software based resets are in the 45 minute ballpark and mechanical issues are the open ended downtimes. I know when we left town last Sunday, they were now going to start trying to up the loaded RV count to start stretching the capacity further.

This could've been far, far worse than it's turned out to be.

Virtual boarding groups at this point in time seem to be a much more fair solution to the not getting into an actual physical queue philosophy than FP as it controls the pace of those returning much more efficiently than a "guaranteed" return time that FP provides. If your new attraction is having a rough morning operationally speaking, you kick the can down the road for everyone instead of just taking all of those with a guaranteed return time that were missed and then having to deal with all of them showing back up once the attraction comes back online.

I for one welcome our new virtual boarding group overlords as an improvement over FP; but, would openly relish the days of standby only making a return everywhere.

Well standby has gone the way of the dodo, so... The VQ (can we call it that? I like that) is the most logical, fair and business minded solution to this problem. 'Specially in that FL summer heat. Keep the cattle moving.

trainplane3

The First Order has a bounty paper towel on anyone arriving later than 3 am.
The bounties are no joke. They WILL enforce them.
IMG_20150516_144120.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Does the Virtual Queue still HAVE a standby option? Like, if they run out of VQ spots for the day, are you just doomed? Sounds like a whole bunch of complaints to me.

ToTBellHop

Does the Virtual Queue still HAVE a standby option? Like, if they run out of VQ spots for the day, are you just doomed? Sounds like a whole bunch of complaints to me.
It’s the equivalent of a 14-hour line forming at 7 am. You’d be SOL in that case, too. This system allows more guests to ride. It’s 10 am the Friday before Christmas and you can still get a BG. What do you imagine the Stand-by line would otherwise be? I’d guess somewhere between 300 and 360 minutes.

Anyone complaining is a complainer.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

No standby.

No luck for people if there was FP and a 6 hour standby. That generates complaints, too. Not everyone can ride the ride that wants to. Happens all the time. People complain about it. Nothing to be done except build multiple copies of the ride that will be bulldozed ten years later when the demand dies down. Don't see that as a viable fiscal plan for Disney.

ToTBellHop

No standby.

No luck for people if there was FP and a 6 hour standby. That generates complaints, too. Not everyone can ride the ride that wants to. Happens all the time. People complain about it. Nothing to be done except build multiple copies of the ride that will be bulldozed ten years later when the demand dies down. Don't see that as a viable fiscal plan for Disney.
Rise of the Resistance Pop-up CONFIRMED replacing the Tree of Life in 2021!

matt9112

If Disney was smart they’d make you choose but somehow I doubt RotR will still have a virtual queue by that time. Seems excessive.

The BG system is essentially fastpass legacy from your phone? Right. I wonder if they get enough positive feedback to maybe try similar stuff elsewhere.

What if you still had the tiers but you could only select your three from phone once inside the park like a bg. Once you scan it allows you to make them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom