Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

JusticeDisney

I’m sorry but for the life of me I can’t figure out what this ride is going to be. Is this basically just TGMR but with different theming around it? Or is this something totally different?

Please pardon my ignorance on this topic, and thanks in advance for helping me out!

nickys

Premium Member
You’re going to enter the cartoon world and experience a day there. You’re going to board a train and wacky hijinks will ensue. That’s all we know.

Not really. Quite a lot has been posted about the ride, the issue is trying to find the actual information. But if I’m not mistaken we’ve had schematic drawings of the ride layout and some details about how it works posted a while back.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m sorry but for the life of me I can’t figure out what this ride is going to be. Is this basically just TGMR but with different theming around it? Or is this something totally different?

Please pardon my ignorance on this topic, and thanks in advance for helping me out!
It will feel like a new style Mickey themed GMR all way until after your RV is moving. Everything will be familiar but different.

Then your car - and three others - will move with and around each other through a series of large rooms populated with scenery and projection effects. A steam engine will pull you out of load, “uncouple” from your train, and “re attatch“ before the ride ends. Most guests will unload roughly where the City of Oz used to be (RIP)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not really. Quite a lot has been posted about the ride, the issue is trying to find the actual information. But if I’m not mistaken we’ve had schematic drawings of the ride layout and some details about how it works posted a while back.
Indeed. Some plans that weren’t totally correct but pretty close were posted somewhere in this thread.

JusticeDisney

It will feel like a new style Mickey themed GMR all way until after your RV is moving. Everything will be familiar but different.

Then your car - and three others - will move with and around each other through a series of large rooms populated with scenery and projection effects. A steam engine will pull you out of load, “uncouple” from your train, and “re attatch“ before the ride ends. Most guests will unload roughly where the City of Oz used to be (RIP)
Thank you for that description!

Bleed0range

Indeed. Some plans that weren’t totally correct but pretty close were posted somewhere in this thread.

Isn’t there a point where it looks like each train goes into a big concave screen like HP Forbidden Journey to simulate going down a waterfall? I feel like I saw that somewhere.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It'd be like this, but in a Mickey Short cartoon....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Isn’t there a point where it looks like each train goes into a big concave screen like HP Forbidden Journey to simulate going down a waterfall? I feel like I saw that somewhere.
There might well be.

If you're familiar with Ratatouilles alley chase it’ll be a familiar execution.

(If you’re not, I’ve a video soon that will explain the Parisian E)

Bleed0range

There might well be.

If you're familiar with Ratatouilles alley chase it’ll be a familiar execution.

(If you’re not, I’ve a video soon that will explain the Parisian E)

I am not too familiar with Ratatouille but hope to become so once it opens at Epcot! I have friends who go to Paris all the time and tell me how great it is. I’ve never watched a ride POV for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom