Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

mergatroid

Ok, so my biggest gripe about this attraction is not necessarily about the attraction its self. It’s about the outside... If the park is taking less of a movie/studio/production direction why on earth is the Chinese theatre staying? I don't get it. I know because of the whole historical importance thing associated with red carpet premiers but how many people under the age of 25 would actually know what this building represents? A better thing would have been to have replaced it with the Carthay Circle Theatre at least that seems to have more of a connection with Disney.

It just seems like a one step forward and two steps back kind of move regarding this attraction and the future identity of the park.

I'm 50, from the UK and have absolutely no idea what the Carthay Circle Theatre is (other than a theatre obviously)?

Surferboy567

Another rumor, another day...everyone knows the drill here. Jim Hill has said that the new Canada film and MMRR will open very close to each other sometime in early 2020. Len even went on to say at least for Canada in terms of opening “Around Marathon Time” and since they are apparently opening close to one and other MMRR could be coming in late January time so maybe that site that must not be named was correct...can’t believe I had to type that. @marni1971 does this line up with anything you’ve heard?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Another rumor, another day...everyone knows the drill here. Jim Hill has said that the new Canada film and MMRR will open very close to each other sometime in early 2020. Len even went on to say at least for Canada in terms of opening “Around Marathon Time” and since they are apparently opening close to one and other MMRR could be coming in late January time so maybe that site that must not be named was correct...can’t believe I had to type that. @marni1971 does this line up with anything you’ve heard?
January was the first date I heard before April. So maybe.

I don’t have any theatre reopening date.

RSoxNo1

So apologies if this has already been covered in the 226 pages, but I don't have the strength to read through this entire thread...

Ok, so my biggest gripe about this attraction is not necessarily about the attraction its self. It’s about the outside... If the park is taking less of a movie/studio/production direction why on earth is the Chinese theatre staying? I don't get it. I know because of the whole historical importance thing associated with red carpet premiers but how many people under the age of 25 would actually know what this building represents? A better thing would have been to have replaced it with the Carthay Circle Theatre at least that seems to have more of a connection with Disney.

It just seems like a one step forward and two steps back kind of move regarding this attraction and the future identity of the park.
A New Hope debuted in the Grauman's Chinese Theater.

gerarar

Premium Member
According to our favorite site, the backside of the Chinese Theater is being painted grey in efforts to hide/blend it from within Galaxy's Edge, similar to what's been done to the Muppets building this year.

Given the recent scandals (lol), I tried my best to find another source or site with pictures on this, but I haven't found any. Therefore, the following pictures come from said site that shall not be named..

And what it looked like before months ago;

Marc Davis Fan

The grey will make these buildings (and the MV3D show building) look better / less distracting when you see them while approaching the tunnel from Grand Avenue.

Let’s hope the visibility of these buildings (and the MV3D show building) from inside SWGE is limited to seeing little bits of them only if you look carefully through the trees, etc.

It would seriously be an epic fail if there’s all this incredible rockwork and theming on one side, and then backstage buildings visible on the other side...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would think it would make the buildings less noticeable from atop Slinky than possible being seen from within SWL (except maybe the second story of the MF queue).

Also, there's no need to make any of the buildings look like a sound stage anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom