Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

choco choco

Does this mean MMRR is going in DL in place of Frozen? Or is that still a plan for somewhere else in DL?

God I hope not. After MMRR, DL needs to take a break with these E-tickets. Really re-evaluate their attraction menu. They need more smaller, charming style attractions: small, simple dark rides, walk-through's, streetmosphere shows; put some of the variety and richness back into the parks.

NoChesterHester

God I hope not. After MMRR, DL needs to take a break with these E-tickets. Really re-evaluate their attraction menu. They need more smaller, charming style attractions: small, simple dark rides, walk-through's, streetmosphere shows; put some of the variety and richness back into the parks.

This x 100. All the parks really need a bunch of attractions to help round out the offerings and just flat out add capacity.

Hawg G

Yep.

I never bought it was anything more than saving on not building a new warehouse for the ride and not paying for the GMR re-do. They were lazy. And it's kind of biting them in the behind, like it often does. When will they EVER learn to just spend the money now. They knew the park needed expansion, yet "we have to replace GMR" and we can open this before SW Land. Nope. They can't even get Rise open in time. #Failed

It's kind of amazing to see people defending them not expanding and instead replacing (on TWITTER) whining how GMR was "old", without understanding how important EXPANDING is. Disney must be so proud when people buy the lame excuses they try and sell them. But I think they knew everyone would defend a Mickey ride.

I still think Star Wars Land went in the wrong spot.

How much say does Uncle Phil have in what happens in the park? Is he even still running the park? I know it's often in name only ... He did the MK no favors either ...

@MansionButler84 , @Magic Feather , @marni1971 sorry to bother you all but I'm just curious how they think, internally, this is all turning out for themselves ;)

They have been ignoring guest satisfaction for essentially 18 years. Yet hotel prices go up, parking fees are added (that guy better have gotten a huge bonus), and people ride fewer and fewer rides each day. And the internet is STILL full of folks saying how magical it is.

Magical was staying on site with truly free dining with appetizer, drinks, and dessert, and tip included. Magical was getting 5-6 FPs for E tickets a day, and riding a few more in the morning and evening when it wasn't wall to wall people.

Now, magical is scoring a single FP+ 2 months before you arrive, and a dinner reservation so many month in advance, it's crazy. Then arriving at a park that has 60 minute stand-by lines at opening, and the crowd doesn't thin out until CMs shut off the line entrances.

And it's clear Disney STILL doesn't get it. DHS is likely to be much worse for many years to come after SWGE. Tron will make zero impact on Magic Kingdom's daily chaos, and AK is still Pandora, with a C ticket ride with an hour wait, an E ticket with a two hour wait, and a bunch of long in the tooth attractions, and then the safari.

Epcot is still basically a restaurant with a $100 cover charge. Guardians being built there is so out of whack with the rest of the park. It's clearly being done to suck people in there for a day. It better be good, but it's still going to be an impossible FP+ to acquire.

ANd even WITH these billions spent, the crowds at all 4 parks for the 50th are going to be miserable.

BasiltheBatLord

For what it's worth, the Star Wars E-tickets are the first E-tickets in Disneyland in almost 25 years (since Indy).

Hawg G

For what it's worth, the Star Wars E-tickets are the first E-tickets in Disneyland in almost 25 years (since Indy).

Such a great point. And so few people realize, and will argue, until they start thinking about it a bit. Same when you say the Magic Kingdom hasn't had an E ticket since Splash Mountain. And no, a kids coaster with a short dark ride section is NOT an E ticket, no matter how expensive it was.

RobotWolf

Apropos of nothing, does anyone have pics of the GMR backstage corridor and/or areas that the CMs to cross from the Gangster/Western scenes to the jewel scene?

I'm also curious as to whether the skeleton wall rotated automatically or pushed by the CM.

DeletedAccount55555

It's too bad about the delay, but at least they are making sure it's practically perfect in every way. Now it probably won't break down like every Universal ride ever made.

Your insult towards Universal is about 30 years old.

Such a great point. And so few people realize, and will argue, until they start thinking about it a bit. Same when you say the Magic Kingdom hasn't had an E ticket since Splash Mountain. And no, a kids coaster with a short dark ride section is NOT an E ticket, no matter how expensive it was.

But it's certainly treated by guests as an E ticket. Doesn't that count for a lot more than some broad definition of the term?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I agree, but shareholder's don't get excited with B's C's and D's.

MickeyMouse10

Your insult towards Universal is about 30 years old.

Why? What has Universal done in the past 10 years attraction wise? Screens, Screens, Screens with a 2 second animatronic, Screens, Screens with a set of stationery animatronics in the line, Screens, Screens, Screens. It got so bad that they finally were forced by the fans to build something different with the new Hagrid ride.

(all of following attractions have Screens)

Fast and the Furious
Race through New York
King Kong
Hogwarts Express
Escape from Gringotts
Transformers
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Despicable Me (Originally Hanna Barbera and then Jimmy Neutron)

plus they already had

Spiderman
The Simpsons
Shrek 4d

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why? What has Universal done in the past 10 years attraction wise? Screens, Screens, Screens with a 2 second animatronic, Screens, Screens with a set of stationery animatronics in the line, Screens, Screens, Screens. It got so bad that they finally were forced by the fans to build something different with the new Hagrid ride.

Fast and the Furious
Race through New York
King Kong
Hogwarts Express
Escape from Gringotts
Transformers

plus they already had

Spiderman
The Simpsons
Shrek 4d
Did you ever ride If You Had Wings?

Or forget DAKs newest land has two attractions made of screens?

Wait for SLOP.

GlacierGlacier

Fast and the Furious
Race through New York
King Kong
Hogwarts Express
Escape from Gringotts
Transformers

plus they already had

Spiderman
The Simpsons
Shrek 4d
That statement isn't relevant to the uptime argument that you're responding to.

GlacierGlacier

Did you ever ride If You Had Wings?

Or forget DAKs newest land has two attractions made of screens?

Wait for SLOP.
People act as if Disney is innocent in the media-attraction space.

The truth is modern rides are based upon the proper integration of practical effects and digital media. WDW simply hasn't built many rides in the past decade or two, and you can see the presence of media (whether projections, screens, reverse-projected faces, etc) in each of the ones that they HAVE built.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
People act as if Disney is innocent in the media-attraction space.

The truth is modern rides are based upon the proper integration of practical effects and digital media. WDW simply hasn't built many rides in the past decade or two, and you can see the presence of media (whether projections, screens, reverse-projected faces, etc) in each of the ones that they HAVE built.
Imagine that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom