Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MickeyMouse10

You do know that upside down is impossible on Forbidden Journey. As is upside. Probably.

No it isn't. A guy even sued over it and the amount Universal gave him was undisclosed. So Universal knew they were in the wrong, if they didn't they would have fought it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No it isn't. A guy even sued over it and the amount Universal gave him was undisclosed. So Universal knew they were in the wrong, if they didn't they would have fought it.

Trust me. Forbidden journey doesn’t go upside down.

Watching the arms running through the show building from Tower on the CCTV network is like poetry in motion though.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
That’s not gone unnoticed. FatF was a decision made in Burbank, despite being warned against it, and they’re now paying for it.

However, if Despicable is lazy what is Stitch’s Great Escape? Clue. One facility opened in 1990. One in 1971.

What ride has Universal been “lazy (in) copying the same ride over and over again” though? I can’t think of it.
Isn’t that obvious?

I was attempting to correct the statement that FJ went upside down.
He is real good at twisting his words and own posts Martin.... I wouldn't feed him anymore than he needs ;)

MickeyMinnieMom

Every company is busy. And hiring :)

One should also keep in mind that it's a specialized industry. Sure, regular construction companies can get the work done with infrastructure, facilities, and even hotels and some guest buildings. But skilled labor, the kind that does show installation, ride engineering, sculpting work, prop manufacturing, etc, are in limited supply. And it's not as if it's just local projects keeping these groups busy - international investment in themed entertainment has kept Orlando companies well occupied.

I don't know if there is a shortage - I'm not in the numbers enough to know. But I do know few venders are struggling.
Yes. They struggle to find candidates with the appropriate credentials who can routinely show up on time and sober.

I’m not trying to be mean. The college I work for added an advanced manufacturing program and that is literally what the would-be employers claim they struggle with. Not lack-of-work, as you similarly suggest.
Edges OT, but I just have to add that this is a larger problem than just Orlando when it comes to skilled construction and similar professionals. Makes me think of Mike Rowe and his foundation that gives grants to those seeking careers in the trades. We need fewer people weighing themselves down with 4yrs of college debt and more going into these important fields.

Tori

Alright, it maybe a tad off topic. Back to the breakdowns.

Every other time I go on a ride in Universal it seems like they are having a problem. It happened on King Kong and Gringotts during my vacation twice each. And I'm not the only one, the first weeks they were open it happened for other people. People even got stuck upside on Forbidden Journey. Universal seems to rush out their rides to quickly, that they breakdown very easily.

Forbidden Journey doesn't go upside down.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Ratatouille is all screens. I'd assume Guardians has lots of screens. Both Pandora rides use projections heavily. New Soarin and TSMM additions.

The Screenz argument is just a tired mantra from the DizNoids who never go to Universlal anyway.

I'll take new screen rides over nothing, which has been Disney's MO. And they finally build new rides, and as above, most are screens anyway
Rat does have physical props. Even though it is mainly screens.

Surferboy567

I've been quiet on the runaway railway since the announcement of the delay. While I am disappointed they aren't going to get it open on time (hell I even had a shot of riding it when I'm there in January) this reminds me of a famous quote.

This quote is from the gaming industry but it is relevant here:
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."- Miyamoto

I just want this ride to be the best it could possibly be. Given the theme it could be a real crowdpleaser.

Spring 2020 is a big delay..... and has me slightly worried. However with this and Rat WDW is going to have a good 2020.

Surferboy567

Duke Nukem Forever would like a word with you. :p

I was an idiot that bought the collectors edition as a joke the day it came out. The joke still laughs at me to this day.

If you know what my profile picture is in reference to...you would know I am very familiar with waiting for a game...however KH3 went on to become my favorite game of all time.

...we don't talk about Duke Nukem Forever but you get my point when it comes to MMRR.

*Side note yes, KH3 wasn't "delayed" technically I mean it was for like a year but still we had to wait a long time to play it.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It does have a hot effect

I thought so but wasn't sure. Well that's something then. Nice! Anything to bring more immersion is a plus. Shame we can't smell the foods...

Is Runaway Railway expected to have similar effects or is it more of a passive experience?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom