• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Hawg G

For what it's worth, the Star Wars E-tickets are the first E-tickets in Disneyland in almost 25 years (since Indy).
Such a great point. And so few people realize, and will argue, until they start thinking about it a bit. Same when you say the Magic Kingdom hasn't had an E ticket since Splash Mountain. And no, a kids coaster with a short dark ride section is NOT an E ticket, no matter how expensive it was.

disneygeek90

Advertisement
I'm just now hearing about these MMRR delays and wow. To echo the sentiment by several already, this just feels like an extra punch to the GMR gut that it won't even be open before GE. The whole thing is a shame, and it should have been built it's own building rather than replace something that was truly unique.

RobotWolf

Apropos of nothing, does anyone have pics of the GMR backstage corridor and/or areas that the CMs to cross from the Gangster/Western scenes to the jewel scene?

I'm also curious as to whether the skeleton wall rotated automatically or pushed by the CM.

embracejg

It's too bad about the delay, but at least they are making sure it's practically perfect in every way. Now it probably won't break down like every Universal ride ever made.
Your insult towards Universal is about 30 years old.

Such a great point. And so few people realize, and will argue, until they start thinking about it a bit. Same when you say the Magic Kingdom hasn't had an E ticket since Splash Mountain. And no, a kids coaster with a short dark ride section is NOT an E ticket, no matter how expensive it was.
But it's certainly treated by guests as an E ticket. Doesn't that count for a lot more than some broad definition of the term?

TJ Vazquez

God I hope not. After MMRR, DL needs to take a break with these E-tickets. Really re-evaluate their attraction menu. They need more smaller, charming style attractions: small, simple dark rides, walk-through's, streetmosphere shows; put some of the variety and richness back into the parks.
I agree, but shareholder's don't get excited with B's C's and D's.

MickeyMouse10

Your insult towards Universal is about 30 years old.
Why? What has Universal done in the past 10 years attraction wise? Screens, Screens, Screens with a 2 second animatronic, Screens, Screens with a set of stationery animatronics in the line, Screens, Screens, Screens. It got so bad that they finally were forced by the fans to build something different with the new Hagrid ride.

(all of following attractions have Screens)

Fast and the Furious
Race through New York
King Kong
Hogwarts Express
Escape from Gringotts
Transformers
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Despicable Me (Originally Hanna Barbera and then Jimmy Neutron)

plus they already had

Spiderman
The Simpsons
Shrek 4d

Last edited:

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Why? What has Universal done in the past 10 years attraction wise? Screens, Screens, Screens with a 2 second animatronic, Screens, Screens with a set of stationery animatronics in the line, Screens, Screens, Screens. It got so bad that they finally were forced by the fans to build something different with the new Hagrid ride.

Fast and the Furious
Race through New York
King Kong
Hogwarts Express
Escape from Gringotts
Transformers

plus they already had

Spiderman
The Simpsons
Shrek 4d
Did you ever ride If You Had Wings?

Or forget DAKs newest land has two attractions made of screens?

Wait for SLOP.

GlacierGlacier

Fast and the Furious
Race through New York
King Kong
Hogwarts Express
Escape from Gringotts
Transformers

plus they already had

Spiderman
The Simpsons
Shrek 4d
That statement isn't relevant to the uptime argument that you're responding to.

GlacierGlacier

Wait for SLOP.
People act as if Disney is innocent in the media-attraction space.

The truth is modern rides are based upon the proper integration of practical effects and digital media. WDW simply hasn't built many rides in the past decade or two, and you can see the presence of media (whether projections, screens, reverse-projected faces, etc) in each of the ones that they HAVE built.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
People act as if Disney is innocent in the media-attraction space.

The truth is modern rides are based upon the proper integration of practical effects and digital media. WDW simply hasn't built many rides in the past decade or two, and you can see the presence of media (whether projections, screens, reverse-projected faces, etc) in each of the ones that they HAVE built.
Imagine that.

Hawg G

Wait for SLOP.
Ratatouille is all screens. I'd assume Guardians has lots of screens. Both Pandora rides use projections heavily. New Soarin and TSMM additions.

The Screenz argument is just a tired mantra from the DizNoids who never go to Universlal anyway.

I'll take new screen rides over nothing, which has been Disney's MO. And they finally build new rides, and as above, most are screens anyway

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Ratatouille is all screens. I'd assume Guardians has lots of screens. Both Pandora rides use projections heavily. New Soarin and TSMM additions.

The Screenz argument is just a tired mantra from the DizNoids who never go to Universlal anyway.

I'll take new screen rides over nothing, which has been Disney's MO. And they finally build new rides, and as above, most are screens anyway
Screens aren’t everything, but they are indeed a huge part of the modern day attraction arsenal.

bclane

Obviously not all screen rides are up to par, but I do love a good screen ride. Spiderman is still one of my favorite rides even after all these years. And honestly, they could build 5 more rides based on the FoP ride system and I'd be thrilled. I've been dreaming of a variant where instead of sitting on the bike, you are sitting on some ride vehicle attached to a Kuka arm. If they'd allow the rider to modify the intensity that would make it even better. Cranked to 11 for me!

embracejg

Fast and the Furious
Race through New York
King Kong
Hogwarts Express
Escape from Gringotts
Transformers

plus they already had

Spiderman
The Simpsons
Shrek 4d
This again.

I could just as easily generalize Disney attractions as being mostly boat or dark rides with animatronics.

Screens aren’t everything, but they are indeed a huge part of the modern day attraction arsenal.
What he said.

I think saying "all screens are bad" is a gross generalization that largely comes from a pro-Disney bias. I've often said that if Universal built something like Flights of Passage, it would be trashed for being another screen-based ride. Because Disney did it, it's viewed more positively.

I am in no way defending all screen-based rides, but it's all about how those screens are utilized. Fast & Furious is a prime example of them being used in a lazy, uninteresting way that makes for an unsatisfying ride experience. Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey show how they can be used effectively along with physical sets to create an immersive ride experience that you're not going to get at a regional theme park.

Just the fact that a ride utilizes screens does not make it a bad attraction.

Top Bottom