Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

TeriofTerror

Martin's post from 4 pages ago saying how the attraction will could be quite delayed. The next couple pages are filled with people wondering when the actual opening date of the attraction was supposed to be, with everyone coming to the consensus that Disney had said Fall 2019.
To back up the consensus that Disney said fall 2019, the screenshot Blog Mickey has of the MMRR page on Disney's website says exactly that. :)

Brer Oswald

So my comment about them delaying this was right...when everyone including insiders said it would for sure open with/around GE’s opening. I’m going to assume (based on certain messages) that this is a recent change in the timeline? Recent as in the last couple of weeks.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm not really surprised by this. It's a new ride with a complex ride system, even though it has been used at other parks, I'm sure there's probably things they weren't expecting that caused delays. On the other hand, Ratatouille should be straight-forward since it's the same as the Paris version.

This is also why I'm worried about the reliability of ROTR when it finally opens.

Brer Oswald

I should add, this makes me less mad then I would be if I was missing it by a week. It just means less time before my next trip that I have to avoid spoilers. A bit selfish, I know. But I truly think the best two things for the attraction were as follows. Either:

- Open it up 1 month minimum before GE

OR

-Open it a few months after GE is complete

I’d rather them take their time with a polished attraction than rush out an unfinished one.

TBrass84

I should add, this makes me less mad then I would be if I was missing it by a week. It just means less time before my next trip that I have to avoid spoilers. A bit selfish, I know. But I truly think the best two things for the attraction were as follows. Either:

- Open it up 1 month minimum before GE

OR

-Open it a few months after GE is complete

I’d rather them take their time with a polished attraction than rush out an unfinished one.
When is your next trip

djkidkaz

This could be related to the fact that if this ride opens right when GE opens it’s going to get lost in the shuffle. It’s very coincidental that now that Disney announced GE opening early that this is being pushed back. What I see from a business perspective is the company seeing that they will have two openings for GE at Hollywood studios this year with two phases and why not save this ride to early next year when you can advertise it and keep the momentum going. I don’t think Disney is as concerned about having capacity as they are about monetizing their investment. People are coming to DHS and standing in those Star Wars lines regardless of this being open or not.

Timothy_Q

Old enough to exude and understand sarcasm.

Purduevian

I wonder if they will rush smallish attractions to keep people entertained while SWGE is bursting at the seams since it sounds like this won't be ready to absorb some crowds. Getting TOT 100% up is a no brainer, as well as more show times for BatB and Indy. Could they open up the MMRR queue for a meet and greet in the two theaters (Maybe Donald, Goofy, and Pluto)? Maybe put together a small day time show in the Fantasmic theater (Think the Jungle Book show while ROL was delayed)? I can't think if anything else they might be able to make between now and August or any other unused space.

Kman101

This could be related to the fact that if this ride opens right when GE opens it’s going to get lost in the shuffle. It’s very coincidental that now that Disney announced GE opening early that this is being pushed back. What I see from a business perspective is the company seeing that they will have two openings for GE at Hollywood studios this year with two phases and why not save this ride to early next year when you can advertise it and keep the momentum going. I don’t think Disney is as concerned about having capacity as they are about monetizing their investment. People are coming to DHS and standing in those Star Wars lines regardless of this being open or not.

It already feels like it got "lost in the shuffle" I 100% agree. GE takes the cake, so to speak. Mickey who? I know it would have meant closing GMR a year before it was, but too bad they weren't able to get it done last year for his 90th birthday. All the promotion was there ... people were lapping up the Timeless Mickey/Mouse Club Mickey merch ... but I know one doesn't matter to the other, it's marketing and merchandising ... but still ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom