• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

djkidkaz

This could be related to the fact that if this ride opens right when GE opens it’s going to get lost in the shuffle. It’s very coincidental that now that Disney announced GE opening early that this is being pushed back. What I see from a business perspective is the company seeing that they will have two openings for GE at Hollywood studios this year with two phases and why not save this ride to early next year when you can advertise it and keep the momentum going. I don’t think Disney is as concerned about having capacity as they are about monetizing their investment. People are coming to DHS and standing in those Star Wars lines regardless of this being open or not.

Purduevian

I wonder if they will rush smallish attractions to keep people entertained while SWGE is bursting at the seams since it sounds like this won't be ready to absorb some crowds. Getting TOT 100% up is a no brainer, as well as more show times for BatB and Indy. Could they open up the MMRR queue for a meet and greet in the two theaters (Maybe Donald, Goofy, and Pluto)? Maybe put together a small day time show in the Fantasmic theater (Think the Jungle Book show while ROL was delayed)? I can't think if anything else they might be able to make between now and August or any other unused space.

Kman101

This could be related to the fact that if this ride opens right when GE opens it’s going to get lost in the shuffle. It’s very coincidental that now that Disney announced GE opening early that this is being pushed back. What I see from a business perspective is the company seeing that they will have two openings for GE at Hollywood studios this year with two phases and why not save this ride to early next year when you can advertise it and keep the momentum going. I don’t think Disney is as concerned about having capacity as they are about monetizing their investment. People are coming to DHS and standing in those Star Wars lines regardless of this being open or not.
It already feels like it got "lost in the shuffle" I 100% agree. GE takes the cake, so to speak. Mickey who? I know it would have meant closing GMR a year before it was, but too bad they weren't able to get it done last year for his 90th birthday. All the promotion was there ... people were lapping up the Timeless Mickey/Mouse Club Mickey merch ... but I know one doesn't matter to the other, it's marketing and merchandising ... but still ...

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 No specifics need to be given but can you say theirs a decent chance it could open this year? (A like could work if you don’t want to say)
Obviously it would be needed ASAP for the SWL crowds, let alone the Christmas crowds. It will be open as soon as it is possible but currently it’s looking later rather than sooner.

Surferboy567

Obviously it would be needed ASAP for the SWL crowds, let alone the Christmas crowds. It will be open as soon as it is possible but currently it’s looking later rather than sooner.
That’s reassuring...so maybe it opens very late in the year but it’s open by the very end of the year. Now this begs the question when will rise open? That will no doubt effect this.

Top Bottom