Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Surferboy567

Blog mickey saying "sources" telling them this may be pushed to 2020

This is precisely why everyone was worried since they haven’t said anything.

@marni1971 I get the feeling you can’t explicitly tell us but do you know the timeframe? Can you verify this 2020 rumor?

This would really suck I’m going in January 2020 with the hopes of doing everything new (including MMRR) I’m really hoping it opens.

TBrass84

I’m really hoping that like doesn’t mean it’s 2020...I’m just gonna hope it’s means @marni1971 does know the timeline.
As recent as the last couple weeks, Apple had the AirPower mat listed on its webpage. Well, not really listed, but you could find the image for it, IF you knew where to look. When they realized it was there, they quickly tried to remove it.

What does that have to do with Disney? Well, just that many companies don't like to continually list something if it's not coming out or is delayed. Granted, Apple screwed the pooch with AirPower, and had it listed on way too many products. I just have a hard time believing that if they were likely not only missing Fall 2019, but 2019 altogether, that they would keep up their own screenshot saying Fall 2019.

Now, it is possible that they leave it there so as to not freak out people and have people push back vacation dates, but generally, I think more are concerned with vacation dates over SWGE than MMRR. IMO, I take it as a sign of hope. Maybe they realize it could be pushed back to 2020, but there's a chance it still opens in Fall or MAYBE even earlier than SWGE, so they don't remove any already published timelines, but don't announce anything else.

Even Kuo, the most reliable Apple analyst for predictions had said that AirPower was coming out first half of this year. Well, it's not coming out at all, and he way missed that one. Even the best placed sources get something wrong some times.

So, in conclusion...it's gonna open when it's gonna open. Worrying about it won't make me any happier, and won't make a difference in their timeline. Sure, I'm frustrated that I'm going in early August and could potentially miss out on both of the DHS big additions, but...it just means that I'll have that stuff, PLUS Tron, GOTG, RRA, etc. when I go back in a few years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is precisely why everyone was worried since they haven’t said anything.

@marni1971 I get the feeling you can’t explicitly tell us but do you know the timeframe? Can you verify this 2020 rumor?

This would really suck I’m going in January 2020 with the hopes of doing everything new (including MMRR) I’m really hoping it opens.
Which end of January?

Surferboy567

Which end of January?

January 16-23 2020 to be exact.

As recent as the last couple weeks, Apple had the AirPower mat listed on its webpage. Well, not really listed, but you could find the image for it, IF you knew where to look. When they realized it was there, they quickly tried to remove it.

What does that have to do with Disney? Well, just that many companies don't like to continually list something if it's not coming out or is delayed. Granted, Apple screwed the pooch with AirPower, and had it listed on way too many products. I just have a hard time believing that if they were likely not only missing Fall 2019, but 2019 altogether, that they would keep up their own screenshot saying Fall 2019.

Now, it is possible that they leave it there so as to not freak out people and have people push back vacation dates, but generally, I think more are concerned with vacation dates over SWGE than MMRR. IMO, I take it as a sign of hope. Maybe they realize it could be pushed back to 2020, but there's a chance it still opens in Fall or MAYBE even earlier than SWGE, so they don't remove any already published timelines, but don't announce anything else.

Even Kuo, the most reliable Apple analyst for predictions had said that AirPower was coming out first half of this year. Well, it's not coming out at all, and he way missed that one. Even the best placed sources get something wrong some times.

So, in conclusion...it's gonna open when it's gonna open. Worrying about it won't make me any happier, and won't make a difference in their timeline. Sure, I'm frustrated that I'm going in early August and could potentially miss out on both of the DHS big additions, but...it just means that I'll have that stuff, PLUS Tron, GOTG, RRA, etc. when I go back in a few years.

Would never change dates unless galaxy's edge isn't open.

matt9112

Eh, I think that's a cop-out. My Disneyland Jungle Cruise skippers weren't any better than what I get at WDW. It's not like GMR was Frozen Live at the Hyperion.

i have to agree here. and to go down the rabbit hole disney COULD get anyone they wanted if the money was right...but for the wages were talking about in central florida? yeah ok i guess?

matt9112

I know there’s a lot of people who wanted the GMR to stay, but I honestly think this attraction is going to be better. Cool use of technology, cool new song, usage of Minnie and Mickey and on top of that a more fitting use of the theater facade as the main symbol of the park.

I think it’s fantastic and a better fit than GMR in today’s version of the park.

My only issue is with them cloning it because I was hoping to see this be a unique main fixture to HS.

argument is not revolving around mickey its around the fact we COULD HAVE had both and thus all that capacity. but look at the bright side we got a cars land....err square building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom