Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

yensidtlaw1969

Do you have a source for this? This sounds more like a bad internet rumor. The appropriate response is "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

I'm not sure how much cheaper your method would be. You're not including either the amortization of the re-used hero AA or the increased deterioration of the greater motion and complexity. One of the basic President AAs would have far less wear and tear than one of the advanced starring AAs.

I think this requires some documentation on your part. I've never heard that they re-purpose the current POTUS AA.
For what it's worth, I've heard this has been the case since at least the 90's. It's not quite as simple as it sounds, but it is essentially true that Disney isn't interested in building an fantastically animated animatronic that after 4 years will never again use it's superior functions outside of gently nodding its head.

Mike S

Do you have a source for this? This sounds more like a bad internet rumor. The appropriate response is "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

I'm not sure how much cheaper your method would be. You're not including either the amortization of the re-used hero AA or the increased deterioration of the greater motion and complexity. One of the basic President AAs would have far less wear and tear than one of the advanced starring AAs.

I think this requires some documentation on your part. I've never heard that they re-purpose the current POTUS AA.
Is it really that extraordinary of a claim? For something that needs to change every 4-8 years it seems pretty simple. Of course they could also spruce up the animatronics during downtime addressing any wear and tear but why build a new advanced one every time from scratch?

Old Mouseketeer

Is it really that extraordinary of a claim? For something that needs to change every 4-8 years it seems pretty simple. Of course they could also spruce up the animatronics during downtime addressing any wear and tear but why build a new advanced one every time from scratch?

For what it's worth, I've heard this has been the case since at least the 90's. It's not quite as simple as it sounds, but it is essentially true that Disney isn't interested in building an fantastically animated animatronic that after 4 years will never again use it's superior functions outside of gently nodding its head.

OK. You guys have convinced me that it's plausible and even somewhat likely given Disney's cheapness. It would still be nice to have some insider corroboration, but it sounds logical.

Surferboy567

Was gonna come on here and say Jim Hill has said that MMRR is going to open in “3 months from now” (July) but judging by what @marni1971 has said that may not be true.

Side Note: I don’t take what Jim Hill says as the gospel (others on this forum think I do) rather I just want to spread what he says becuase he has a track record

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was gonna come on here and say Jim Hill has said that MMRR is going to open in “3 months from now” (July) but judging by what @marni1971 has said that may not be true.

Side Note: I don’t take what Jim Hill says as the gospel (others on this forum think I do) rather I just want to spread what he says becuase he has a track record
Mid to late summer was the original window so that would have been right.

kthomas105

Wouldn't it be interesting if the issue with this ride was the same issue with the RotR ride. A timeout issue of the location mapping that causes the ride to stop for safety. I wonder if these were designed to be the next generation of LPS vehicles and this is just part of working out the bugs in the system. All of this is obviously conjecture :)

The_Designer

What are the odds that now that they've committed to SWGE opening Aug 29th, and the expectation that this is needed to help absorb crowd level, that MMRR gets the same treatment that SWGE did awhile back and see's increased shifts to get it back on track?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom