Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

peter11435

No one will like me saying this of course but lol, could always gut the glorified cafeteria back there and put in the dark ride instead...would never happen since Disney wouldn't dare ax something that brings in tons of money.
I wouldn’t miss it.

But I don’t think that space would be large enough for the Tokyo ride. Maybe if you took belle and the bridge with it.

Mike S

No one will like me saying this of course but lol, could always gut the glorified cafeteria back there and put in the dark ride instead...would never happen since Disney wouldn't dare ax something that brings in tons of money.
I’d go for making the whole area just one big Beast’s Castle containing the ride and the restaurant. At least, that’s what should’ve been done. The village is a bit pointless with such little space available. And guess what, maybe they could’ve fit the M&G in there too with smart use of space!

Old Mouseketeer

There is a rumor that in the same way that Peter Quill had been seen in EPCOT, Mickey and Minnie might had been in seen by some guest on DHS but that's not 100% sure about it. We might need to investigate a bit more on the events.

The snark is strong in this one. You must use your power for good, Luke, and not for eee-ville.

MerlinTheGoat

Since this has derailed a bit into a B&TB tangent, figured i'd post this idea (with before and after)-

I don't know if this is feasible or not. I tried to stay well away from the utilidor entrance, which I believe is located directly on the backside of Villagehaus, going underneath the facility. Right in between Small World and Be Our Guest. I'm not going to mess with Be Our Guest either, as I can't see any reasonable possibility that Disney would mess with it. Unless it was restructured and expanded to include part of the land i've marked.

I have a tunnel crossing over the old road to connect the inside of the park to the new area i've marked. In my proposal, it connects to the village area near Gaston's, the restroom facilities would probably need some restructuring as well.

Granted I don't know exactly how large Tokyo's BATB ride building is going to be. The space i've marked in purple is just a randomly sized and shaped portion of the land that seems available back there. It's approximately 75,000-80,000 square feet based on Google maps.

peter11435

Since this has derailed a bit into a B&TB tangent, figured i'd post this idea (with before and after)-

View attachment 360080

View attachment 360079

I don't know if this is feasible or not. I tried to stay well away from the utilidor entrance, which I believe is located directly on the backside of Villagehaus, going underneath the facility. Right in between Small World and Be Our Guest. I'm not going to mess with Be Our Guest either, as I can't see any reasonable possibility that Disney would mess with it. Unless it was restructured and expanded to include part of the land i've marked.

I have a tunnel crossing over the old road to connect the inside of the park to the new area i've marked. In my proposal, it connects to the village area near Gaston's, the restroom facilities would probably need some restructuring as well.

Granted I don't know exactly how large Tokyo's BATB ride building is going to be. The space i've marked in purple is just a randomly sized and shaped portion of the land that seems available back there. It's approximately 75,000-80,000 square feet based on Google maps.
Provided the clearance on your tunnel was high enough for delivery trucks this could be feasible. The only issue would be pyro fallout concerns and the need for the area to potentially be cleared during shows.

mikejs78

Premium Member

View attachment 360080

View attachment 360079

I'd love this. I'd rather see them add BatB from Tokyo than replace ETwB with it if they could. For one, ETwB is charming for what it is - not my thing, but I know plenty of people who absolutely love it. Second, it's always better to add capacity than to replace existing capacity.

MerlinTheGoat

I'd love this. I'd rather see them add BatB from Tokyo than replace ETwB with it if they could. For one, ETwB is charming for what it is - not my thing, but I know plenty of people who absolutely love it. Second, it's always better to add capacity than to replace existing capacity.
ETwB is of no interest to me, but it seems to take up a relatively small space. Even the smallest classic Fantasyland rides appear to have larger footprints than this attraction. And I assume Tokyo's BATB ride is going to be quite a bit larger than these.

Even if you gutted ETwB in favor of using it as a ride queue, there's still nowhere to place the actual ride building nearby. The utilidor access area is right next to this. And Disney would never sacrifice the restaurant space for a ride. I doubt the restaurant space is even large enough to contain Tokyo's ride either.

Provided the clearance on your tunnel was high enough for delivery trucks this could be feasible. The only issue would be pyro fallout concerns and the need for the area to potentially be cleared during shows.
I think you misunderstood. The tunnel I proposed is just a way to transport guests to the ride building. Magic Kingdom Dr would no longer pass through here as its current route does, it stops at the side of the tunnel. To work around this and ensure vehicles can still reach the utilidors and other buildings, my proposition is to actually divert and reroute the current road so it so it would instead loop around the northern perimeter of the new ride building i've also proposed, then traveling southbound between the ride building and the square retention pond. I've placed the start of this diversion farther north nearer to the railroad track. The new road route is marked in a light gray.

Even if it was feasible to do something like this, my drawing is obviously very rough and just a basic idea. A potential show building would probably be shaped differently, and the road corners likely much more curved so long trucks can make turns more easily. I just cobbled the image together super quick as a basic idea.

Again I don't know how possible this might be. Then again i'm not going to be so quick in assuming impossibility, probably better to think in terms of feasibility and cost. One early concept for New Fantasyland for example included a canal system and accompanying boat ride traveling through the area (sort of like the old Swan Boats).

Last edited:

jt04

View attachment 360080

View attachment 360079

Nice idea.

That road could easily be rerouted to come in from the north near the pictured retention pond.

The roof could be used for fireworks if made of the proper materials. And maybe a Beast castle added with better forced perspective.

jt04

if connected by tunnel like space mountain and entirely indoors it could work during fireworks. IMO.

I especially like the rectangular space between mermaid and the purple shaded building (Beast or Frozen or Brave). Perfect for parade storage if they ever went that route. Get it? Went that route? Hah?

GlacierGlacier

... on the test & turn-up team (I think that's the phrase he used) ...
The phrase you're looking for is test & adjust.

This is one of the last phases of many attractions, where ride and show control engineers sit down and test the whole thing over and over, making slight tweaks and working out any kinks in the system. Test & Adjust can sometimes be delayed far, far more than it should be to be possible.

I've talked with show control engineers who have had negative days for test & adjust thanks to the rest of the process being delayed (mostly thanks to facilities 😛). At that point they just work 18 hour shifts to get it done, and work on the attraction night after night after it's open until they're finally satisfied (see: Gringotts)

SWL at DHS is also training staff members for test & adjust right now, with one I know beginning last week or so.

if they're beginning test & adjust this early, I think that's a pretty good sign.

ToTBellHop

The phrase you're looking for is test & adjust.

This is one of the last phases of many attractions, where ride and show control engineers sit down and test the whole thing over and over, making slight tweaks and working out any kinks in the system. Test & Adjust can sometimes be delayed far, far more than it should be to be possible.

I've talked with show control engineers who have had negative days for test & adjust thanks to the rest of the process being delayed (mostly thanks to facilities 😛). At that point they just work 18 hour shifts to get it done, and work on the attraction night after night after it's open until they're finally satisfied (see: Gringotts)

SWL at DHS is also training staff members for test & adjust right now, with one I know beginning last week or so.

if they're beginning test & adjust this early, I think that's a pretty good sign.
Indeed. As I’ve said, excluding RotR, of course, 8/29 is conservative.

RSoxNo1

Demo it's a small world (move it to Epcot), Pinocchio's and the building for Enchanted Tales with Belle. Replace it with the Beauty and the Beast dark ride (Starting from Belle's cottage), transition the Beauty and the Beast mountains to the left to become Arendelle for a Frozen D-ticket and transition that to a Tangled land that includes a D-ticket ride and the Snuggly Duckling.

Andsome

Did Disney ever put out an official reason for getting rid of the ride?
One of the rumors I heard was that they needed animatronics/parts for some of the projects that were in the pipeline at the time of its closure (Trump AA, PotC refurb '18, SW:GE, etc.), but I'm not 100% sure if that was the primary reason.

Mike S

One of the rumors I heard was that they needed animatronics/parts for some of the projects that were in the pipeline at the time of its closure (Trump AA, PotC refurb '18, SW:GE, etc.), but I'm not 100% sure if that was the primary reason.
The Trump AA is the Obama AA and previously the Bush AA (idk if it was also Clinton). There’s only 3 advanced AAs in the HoP: Washington, Lincoln, and whoever is current. When they “add a new one” they’re not making a whole new AA. They reskin and reprogram the other one and I guess add a new less advanced model for the previous president with the old skin put on. Much cheaper this way.

Old Mouseketeer

The Trump AA is the Obama AA and previously the Bush AA (idk if it was also Clinton). There’s only 3 advanced AAs in the HoP: Washington, Lincoln, and whoever is current. When they “add a new one” they’re not making a whole new AA. They reskin and reprogram the other one and I guess add a new less advanced model for the previous president with the old skin put on. Much cheaper this way.

Do you have a source for this? This sounds more like a bad internet rumor. The appropriate response is "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

I'm not sure how much cheaper your method would be. You're not including either the amortization of the re-used hero AA or the increased deterioration of the greater motion and complexity. One of the basic President AAs would have far less wear and tear than one of the advanced starring AAs.

I think this requires some documentation on your part. I've never heard that they re-purpose the current POTUS AA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom