Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Stripes

Finally got a chance to watch some of the new Mickey shorts, honestly they're pretty great, not sure why I had so many grievances upon the fact that they were using the new character designs for the ride. Should be interesting to see what they cook up.
In particular, I'm curious to see what the animatronic Mickey and Minnie look like and how they will envision the characters in three dimensions instead of the 2D we've seen them in the shorts.

Marc Davis Fan

It remains to be seen whether the design/effects of the animatronics is part of the “2 1/2 D” thing.

Also, it’a noteworthy that @lentesta/TouringPlans lists it as a “major attraction” (third tier, behind “headliner” and “super headliner”). I wonder if that’s an error, or just them being conservative with their predictions?

lentesta

Premium Member
It remains to be seen whether the design/effects of the animatronics is part of the “2 1/2 D” thing.

Also, it’a noteworthy that @lentesta/TouringPlans lists it as a “major attraction” (third tier, behind “headliner” and “super headliner”). I wonder if that’s an error, or just them being conservative with their predictions?

I will be surprised if it’s not a headliner. But you never know what kind of ride you’ll get from current management.

GlacierGlacier

It's really a super headliner. If it was opening in a year with nothing else, it would likely be right up there. However...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

From what our insiders who've seen the specs have said, then Len is way off.

Going by their excitement the tiers would be:
1. Class by itself, Super E+ (Super Headliner): RotR​
2. Super Es (Headliners): SWSR, MMRR, ToT​
3. Regular Es (Major Attractions): F!, Indy Stunt Show, RnRC, Star Tours​
4. Ds (Minor Attractions): the projections shows with their now greatly reduced fireworks, TSM, MV3D, Frozen Singalong, Ariel show, BatB show, Slinky​
5. Cs (Diversions): Launch Bay, M&Gs, Jedi Academy, Saucers, SW Stage Show, SW First Order March, WD Presents​

Of course, such divisions can get rather subjective whether something belongs one step up or down. Problem is that Len only has four levels above 'Diversions' and DHS is going to have a whole bunch of E-Ticket rides that invite further classification.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom