Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

dennis-in-ct

That's an example of the special effect in use. Parallax 3D changes the viewing angle displayed in sync with your motion giving the illusion of 3D.

It's in use on ToT:GotG:MB. As the 'elevator' bobs up and down, the flat image changes in sync. It only works for the people whose position matches the intended camera angle. If you were off to the side or not moving in sync with the video, you wouldn't see it as 3D.

MMRR is supposed to use this as well as projection-mapping the images onto 3D physical sets for even greater effect.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

This is incredible. Projection mapping on moving objects does looks like magic
1f642.png
:) I can imagine the gorgeous theater set design possibilities.

Next Big Thing

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

This is incredible. Projection mapping on moving objects does looks like magic
1f642.png
:) I can imagine the gorgeous theater set design possibilities.
Projection mapping on moving objects is already being done, just not in a ride yet. Just went to Justin Timberlake's Man of the Wood's tour the other day and some of the projection mapping they had going on on moving objects was crazy. Putting that into a ride perspective, it should be very captivating.

I feel like this ride will be like sensory overload.

Disney Maddux

This ride is a tricky one as we have no idea how far along it is. I'd imagine they have the new ride layout done for the most part and th rest is insane projection screens that need to go in around it. I think this will open around May 2019 when DL gets its galaxies edge opening.
I 100% agree, as they would probably want this open for the 30th anniversary of DHS.

Disney Analyst

This ride is a tricky one as we have no idea how far along it is. I'd imagine they have the new ride layout done for the most part and th rest is insane projection screens that need to go in around it. I think this will open around May 2019 when DL gets its galaxies edge opening.

I wish it was a case of “open as soon as possible, DHS only has 4 actual rides...”

Dunston

The only thing that could bring me to Hollywood Studios in May 2019 would be this ride opening. I know I'll be missing Star Wars, and I can wait until the next time for Toy Story Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom