Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
The most recent one seems to imply that it is up and running. It doesn't really say it, but, I'm sure it could be interpreted that way.

They know people book years in advance, so these are “primer” ads to get people ready for what will be there when they arrive! ;) see, not misleading anyone!

Goofyernmost

They know people book years in advance, so these are “primer” ads to get people ready for what will be there when they arrive! ;) see, not misleading anyone!
Did you watch the whole thing, because at the end they are specific about time. It is part of there current 20% off promotion. I'd say it is pretty much directed to now, not years down the road.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To save me reading 87 pages of talk on other topics - can someone give me a synopsis of this attraction? Release date, but most importantly is there anything out there that it is based on - ie a ride template.

Plot: You enter a Mickey movie driving along with Minnie and they spot Goofy operating a train that runs away. Hijinks ensue.

mharrington

That was an insider's description, yes. But things can change.

At this point, I kind of doubt it will change, especially if it's replacing the Great Movie Ride. It also irritates me that they describe going into the world of a Mickey short, as if they are describing the classic shorts before announcing that it's the ones you see on TV, which are those newer shorts.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
At this point, I kind of doubt it will change, especially if it's replacing the Great Movie Ride. It also irritates me that they describe going into the world of a Mickey short, as if they are describing the classic shorts before announcing that it's the ones you see on TV, which are those newer shorts.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Every piece of artwork for MMRR has show the stylings of the new shorts. In fact, the display for the new attraction was laughed at because the artwork was simply screencaps of the new shorts which included the internet show's watermark.

TJJohn12

Sorta the plot of the ride it replaced. What a hack TGMR was!

Hey, don't get me wrong... I like those rides! They beat the hell out of book reports. But it *is* the standard plot of so many we see - it's a useful trope and almost an expectation that, barring other data, a new ride will follow that plot line.

Alcatraz sounds like it's headed there (in inventive ways). Great Mickey Ride is going there too (again, in inventive ways). And Great Movie Ride's way of doing it was inventive too - especially if you got the mobster, which I seemed to get so rarely. :-(

mharrington

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Every piece of artwork for MMRR has show the stylings of the new shorts. In fact, the display for the new attraction was laughed at because the artwork was simply screencaps of the new shorts which included the internet show's watermark.

Yes, but the wording implies that it could be referring to a classic short. And these cartoons they show now were never even shown in theaters, only on TV.

And why would they not have you go into the movie screen for the premise of the ride? After all, it is replacing the Great Movie Ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom