Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is this what’s being used for Mickey ride?

That's an example of the special effect in use. Parallax 3D changes the viewing angle displayed in sync with your motion giving the illusion of 3D.

It's in use on ToT:GotG:MB. As the 'elevator' bobs up and down, the flat image changes in sync. It only works for the people whose position matches the intended camera angle. If you were off to the side or not moving in sync with the video, you wouldn't see it as 3D.

MMRR is supposed to use this as well as projection-mapping the images onto 3D physical sets for even greater effect.

Mike S

Does it make everything turn yellow and feed on fear?

Sorry for the horrible joke.
XS5LK.gif

kap91

That's an example of the special effect in use. Parallax 3D changes the viewing angle displayed in sync with your motion giving the illusion of 3D.

It's in use on ToT:GotG:MB. As the 'elevator' bobs up and down, the flat image changes in sync. It only works for the people whose position matches the intended camera angle. If you were off to the side or not moving in sync with the video, you wouldn't see it as 3D.

MMRR is supposed to use this as well as projection-mapping the images onto 3D physical sets for even greater effect.

They're also planning on using projection surfaces that can change shape to aid in the transformation scenes.

Goofyernmost

It's going to feel a little bizarre to go into the Chinese Theater and not have GMR there anymore. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this ride though. Real shame I can't be 100% excited for this like I want to be.

At least, from all accounts, the ride should be impressive.
I liked GMR as much as anyone. I remember going there when the big ugly hat was about 2/3rds down and mentioning to a CM, how nice it was that it was going to be gone and she said... Yes, to have our beautiful theater back. I agreed. That was my last ride on GMR and was suddenly completely aware of how tired it was getting for a person that had ridden it every year since it opened.

That said, and possibly because of that, I am looking excitedly forward to the new ride. The new technology and just the fact that it is reborn in the same building with a new show. I miss the old one, but, anytime I want to relive it there are a multitude of You Tube movies of it, so it will never be completely gone. The older I get the more it makes sense that the old has to move aside for the new. Sort of a natural way of life.

Last edited:

CalebS

We’ve gotten small teasers for galaxy’s edge and guardians of the galaxy, with this opening next year you would think we would get at least a small something about this from disney here soon

Disney Maddux

Anyone else here besides me think we'll get an opening date for M&MRR at Project D in November? Probably on November 18th (For Mickey's 90th birthday, of course)

Birthday #14 at Pop Century   

Disney Maddux

Anyone else here besides me think we'll get an opening date for M&MRR at Project D in November? Probably on November 18th (For Mickey's 90th birthday, of course)

[COUNTDOWN=2018/05/28 10:00] Birthday #14 at Pop Century [/COUNTDOWN]
I personally think Spring, and that it will open on the 30th anniversary of the park (May 1st, 2019). I mean, what better way to celebrate 30 years of the park than opening up the brand new headliner ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom