Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
what is all the construction to the far far right across the road, is that for parking garages?

No parking garages at this time.

The outside boundary demo is for an expanded parking lot with a new entrance coming in from the 2 o'clock position. It's possible that some of it at the bottom will be part of the SW Resort, but, we don't know where that will be exactly at this time (except maybe for a few insiders with tight lips).

sunsetblvd26

I still think you are seeing this from a fan perspective rather than a normal visitor perspective.

I can guarantee you the average normal visitor would be anything but happy to know that the park used to have more, and will soon have more. They are not excited by the prospect of the park being better in a couple years, because they are taking their once-in-a-lifetime trip now and can't exactly afford to come again in 2019. When a park is already great, coming soon signs are a good way to promote upcoming offerings. But when a park isn't getting the best guest satisfaction, like DHS, coming soon signs can make it even worse.

Because it implies that something else is closed right now, and something else is coming soon. Is that not obvious?
I'm sorry but you're really grasping at straws and kinda not making any sense. GMR is closed no matter what. Whether or not a sign is up is not changing that...

No Name

I'm sorry but you're really grasping at straws and kinda not making any sense. GMR is closed no matter what. Whether or not a sign is up is not changing that...

But the general public doesn't have to KNOW that! The average first-time visitor, in many cases, has no idea that a ride closed until Disney makes that obvious. Disney could allow people to think the Chinese Theater is nothing but a facade, but they are choosing to inform unknowing guests that it's yet another closed / under-construction attraction.

My own experience, visiting with these exact type of people, tells me I am certainly not grasping at straws.

Magic Feather

Welp, the deed has been done. By now the archives will have begun clearing out the things worth a darn, and in a week, America will be sifting through (plastic) Sigourney ashes. MMRR will spark debates and force a serious consideration of attraction labels. Yes this ride will have moving figures (arguably animatronics) and (some) three dimensional backdrops, but most of these things wont have the colorful details on them, but they will be projected onto them. This ride aims to send you into a cartoon, and it will do that, just in a different way than any parks have done before. Also, when you think about it, this ride will be zippy. A ride space from load to Western could be traversed in under a minute.

Mike S

Like this one
image_3cfdcda4.jpeg
I don't see a crackhead.

What I do see however is a desperate attempt to find fault in what is possibly the best thing to happen to these characters in many years.

No Name

Welp, the deed has been done. By now the archives will have begun clearing out the things worth a darn, and in a week, America will be sifting through (plastic) Sigourney ashes. MMRR will spark debates and force a serious consideration of attraction labels. Yes this ride will have moving figures (arguably animatronics) and (some) three dimensional backdrops, but most of these things wont have the colorful details on them, but they will be projected onto them. This ride aims to send you into a cartoon, and it will do that, just in a different way than any parks have done before. Also, when you think about it, this ride will be zippy. A ride space from load to Western could be traversed in under a minute.

Can you say how long you expect the ride to be? Or if there were major cuts?

I thought 7-8 minutes was the mark, but then Martin said to expect a little over half of that now, which sounds like cost overruns or budget cuts or something bad.

dm11

Out of all rides (attractions?) announced at D23 this one excited me the least for some reason. What you describe here should be interesting but I again have the same reaction. I hope that changes overtime :)

What is your opinion on the plans? Do you expect quality attraction out of this?

Magic Feather

What is your opinion on the plans? Do you expect quality attraction out of this?
From a ride perspective (no replacing GMR included), I would rather ride this than Rat, Guardians, anything in TSL, and possibly Falcon. It will definitely be a quality ride. I expect a very Guardians-Esque reaction (although this ride may not be better than GMR, but it will still be darn good).

dm11

From a ride perspective (no replacing GMR included), I would rather ride this than Rat, Guardians, anything in TSL, and possibly Falcon. It will definitely be a quality ride. I expect a very Guardians-Esque reaction (although this ride may not be better than GMR, but it will still be darn good).
Wow! That's a ringing endorsement! Not counting GMR replacement, of course.

Millionaire2K

Disney tosses us all a curve ball and the new ride is a Mickey castle style projection overlay over The Great Movie Ride scenes. So the Great Move Ride remains but we journey into the movies with Mickey, Minnie and goofy on a wild adventure where you never know what will happen next.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I don't see a crackhead.

What I do see however is a desperate attempt to find fault in what is possibly the best thing to happen to these characters in many years.

I wouldn't say pointing out questionable character design is desperate. Of course it's all subjective.

Goofy does look like a crack head though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom