Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

rocketraccoon

Where was the TCM signage? I will check after dinner. Hopefully the rain will stop by then! :happy:
The only TCM signage not seen in those photos is on the neon signs out front, the photo area to the left of the theater, and the Jungle Book and Mary Poppins displays to either side of the main entrance of the theater. It looks like they took out the banners.

May be worth checking if they took this sign out near the queue entrance as well:
2MYZGnR.jpg

BasiltheBatLord

Are they going to use the whole soundstage for this attraction? Its a pretty large soundstage!
This is one of my biggest worries. Rumors of the new ride lasting 8 mins (compared to GMR's 22-ish) makes me think they're going to leave much of the show building vacant. Although I would also presume that the new trackless vehicles will move much faster and cover more ground at once than the GMR trams.

Brer Oswald

The only TCM signage not seen in those photos is on the neon signs out front, the photo area to the left of the theater, and the Jungle Book and Mary Poppins displays to either side of the main entrance of the theater. It looks like they took out the banners.

May be worth checking if they took this sign out near the queue entrance as well:
2MYZGnR.jpg
Will do. From a distance, the Jungle Book display was still there. Don't know about the TCM signs.

clemmo

Footlight parade last worked in early 1990 I believe. It ran with the turntables and fountains for less than a year after the attraction opened! (and I actually knew this before watching Martin's video tribute. :))
Makes sense I didn't think I'd ever seen it in action before. For years I thought it was normal to be like it currently is.

No Name

Well, TCM isn't paying for sponsorship anymore, why advertise them?

My point is, why not take it all down at once?

Imagine how you'd feel if this was your once-in-a-lifetime trip to Walt Disney World, and the shell of a park you visited that day had construction going on everywhere, signs of closed attractions, and "coming soon" signs. The last thing you want is to feel like you came at the wrong time. Taking down the GMR signs would help a bit with that.

Possibly, projection-mapped projections...

I suppose I am not familiar enough with the shows, but do they really utilize or even account for the signs in any way? Would it make a noticable difference? I may be wrong but I don't think it would.

I'm surprised they used the Hollywood Studios name on one of the signs. Isn't the name change supposed to happen around the time this ride opens?

Personally I hope they changed their minds. Not that I think the sign says much.

Brer Oswald

Not all that important, but I talked to a cast member in front of the Chinese theatre tonight. Asked him who did the spiels on the final ever ride (the one with cast members only), they said that they did them collectively as a group, which I thought was nice :)! Apparently the final ride was documented by the Archives through pictures, and maybe video footage? I wonder if that will ever be released to the public...probably not.

MagicHappens1971

This is one of my biggest worries. Rumors of the new ride lasting 8 mins (compared to GMR's 22-ish) makes me think they're going to leave much of the show building vacant. Although I would also presume that the new trackless vehicles will move much faster and cover more ground at once than the GMR trams.
It has been confirmed that the new attraction will take up about 25% less space then GMR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom