Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Stitchon

My point is, why not take it all down at once?

Imagine how you'd feel if this was your once-in-a-lifetime trip to Walt Disney World, and the shell of a park you visited that day had construction going on everywhere, signs of closed attractions, and "coming soon" signs. The last thing you want is to feel like you came at the wrong time. Taking down the GMR signs would help a bit with that.

Quite frankly, I don't think they care.

Movielover

My point is, why not take it all down at once?

Imagine how you'd feel if this was your once-in-a-lifetime trip to Walt Disney World, and the shell of a park you visited that day had construction going on everywhere, signs of closed attractions, and "coming soon" signs. The last thing you want is to feel like you came at the wrong time. Taking down the GMR signs would help a bit with that.

Ah yes because this
full

is more of a sign that construction is going on than...

this
DBfPEZtXkAApgIR.jpg

Until The Great Movie Ride closed I had no idea that the park was under construction... :rolleyes:

WDWbuff2001

No Name

Ah yes because this
full

is more of a sign that construction is going on than...

this
DBfPEZtXkAApgIR.jpg

Until The Great Movie Ride closed I had no idea that the park was under construction... :rolleyes:

Yes, but the more, the worse. You make it sound like they should just throw in the towel.

Instead, they should be doing anything feasible to make the park seem like less of a construction zone, so that guests do not leave as disappointed.

Movielover

Yes, but the more, the worse. You make it sound like they should just throw in the towel.

Instead, they should be doing anything feasible to make the park seem like less of a construction zone, so that guests do not leave as disappointed.

No, I just have the common sense to know that you can't hide a construction project this large. The fact that the park will be so much better in a couple years outweighs the "horror" of having to see a couple coming soon signs. Most people wont even give a crap and will be too busy riding ToT and RNRC, or enjoying the many attractions that the park still has, I know I would be.

Unplugged

Yeah but when you think about the fact that only the area in yellow was former guest walking areas, it's crazy!

Really shows the scale of the expansion!

Yes, you are correct that the yellow is walking area, but that was NOT the only attraction area accessible by guests. The original Backlot Tour was huge, covering far more area than you demonstrate with the yellow. As many newer WDW DHS guests are not aware, even the Backlot Tour that closed in 2014 was far smaller than the original. So when we look at the size of the park that guests saw and had access to via the attraction vehicles, the park has been reduced in size gradually for years. So this is not a huge expansion.

As for the experts on this site, is the addition of Toy STory and Star Wars even going to get the park close to the original size? Seems like it's still smaller. May have to dig into Google Earth history for this one.

Movielover

Yes, you are correct that the yellow is walking area, but that was NOT the only attraction area accessible by guests. The original Backlot Tour was huge, covering far more area than you demonstrate with the yellow. As many newer WDW DHS guests are not aware, even the Backlot Tour that closed in 2014 was far smaller than the original. So when we look at the size of the park that guests saw and had access to via the attraction vehicles, the park has been reduced in size gradually for years. So this is not a huge expansion.

As for the experts on this site, is the addition of Toy STory and Star Wars even going to get the park close to the original size? Seems like it's still smaller. May have to dig into Google Earth history for this one.

Yes... That's why I said "WALKING AREA".

giphy.gif

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And SW:GE and Toy Story Land will both be a better use of the land than the Backlot Tour, and I was one of the few that actually loved that attraction!

No Name

The fact that the park will be so much better in a couple years outweighs the "horror" of having to see a couple coming soon signs.

I still think you are seeing this from a fan perspective rather than a normal visitor perspective.

I can guarantee you the average normal visitor would be anything but happy to know that the park used to have more, and will soon have more. They are not excited by the prospect of the park being better in a couple years, because they are taking their once-in-a-lifetime trip now and can't exactly afford to come again in 2019. When a park is already great, coming soon signs are a good way to promote upcoming offerings. But when a park isn't getting the best guest satisfaction, like DHS, coming soon signs can make it even worse.

I'm not sure how the sign makes the park look like more of a construction zone

Because it implies that something else is closed right now, and something else is coming soon. Is that not obvious?

Movielover

I still think you are seeing this from a fan perspective rather than a normal visitor perspective.

I can guarantee you the average normal visitor would be anything but happy to know that the park used to have more, and will soon have more. They are not excited by the prospect of the park being better in a couple years, because they won't be there to see it. When a park is already great, coming soon signs are a good way to promote upcoming offerings. But when a park isn't getting the best guest satisfaction, like DHS, coming soon signs can make it even worse.

Of course I'm seeing this from a fan's perspective, I don't know how not too. I've been a fan since I was a young child! But again, I doubt most of the GP would care because, and as I would since I can't afford regular trips to the resort, they are in Walt Freakin Disneyworld! Again you have 2 of the best attractions ever created by the company 20 feet away, if they are spending the entire day looking at a "coming soon" sign then that's their own gosh darn fault!

Brer Oswald

I think average guests are starting to get the memo on skipping DHS for now. While it can still have wait times up to an hour, R&RC's lines are never as crazy as they used to be. And ToT rarely exceeds 40 minutes, and can even be a walk on. Even Toy Story Mania, the most popular attraction at the park, was a walk on for me last Thursday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom