Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
Mickey-and-Minnies-Runaway-Railway_Full_32204.jpg

New Concept Art

Anyone have any insight on possible queue configuration? Occasionally and prominently towards the end of GMR the standby was zig zags near TLM. Predicting large crowds around opening and with SWL on the way, hopefully reconfigured indoor queue

MrPromey

Im actually excited for this. I just hope it eats people like its predecessor. I do still have my memory of riding it with my daughter on our last trip in 2012.

I think a lot of people will enjoy this but I doubt it'll be a serious people-eater the way GMR was, either in terms of the number of people it can accommodate per hour or in how long it keeps them occupied based on how big it appears the vehicles may be and how much of the show building they'll be using for it.

Glad they're building this but I wish it was new construction and that if GMR had to close, that it was replaced with something of relatively equal size, length, and capacity... or if not that, the knowledge that we were at least getting a twofer in attractions for the space it occupied. Maybe something will be announced for another entrance for something in the other part of that show building, someday.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyone have any insight on possible queue configuration? Occasionally and prominently towards the end of GMR the standby was zig zags near TLM. Predicting large crowds around opening and with SWL on the way, hopefully reconfigured indoor queue
It will be very similar up to the preshow. Two separate preshow rooms will be built inside of the old single theatre.

This will loose a lot of interior queue area and exterior switchbacks willl be needed more.

MrPromey

It will be very similar up to the preshow. Two separate preshow rooms will be built inside of the old single theatre.

This will loose a lot of interior queue area and exterior switchbacks willl be needed more.

... Which is just frustrating beyond belief when you know that this will a) reduce the visual appearance of the facade and b) that they have plenty of interior space in that building to give people an air-conditioned, well themed extended queue area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
... Which is just frustrating beyond belief when you know that this will a) reduce the visual appearance of the facade and b) that they have plenty of interior space in that building to give people an air-conditioned, well themed extended queue area.
At least - in theory - both GMR overflows are behind the right hand facade and mostly hidden.

Not so much the shoehorned fastpass entry.

Kamikaze

All Martin said was that the theater room is being split into two rooms for preshow. As that room held a ton of people, it reduces the amount of queue space available since the preshow rooms won't pack them in as tightly or efficiently.

If there is unused space in the building after everything is complete, then yes, you can make an argument about 'plenty of interior space'. But if it is used for the attraction and well used, then they don't. Too soon to make that statement.

As far as the 'visual appearance of the facade', I don't know how you can expect to not see other people and lines at WDW.

MrPromey

All Martin said was that the theater room is being split into two rooms for preshow. As that room held a ton of people, it reduces the amount of queue space available since the preshow rooms won't pack them in as tightly or efficiently.

If there is unused space in the building after everything is complete, then yes, you can make an argument about 'plenty of interior space'. But if it is used for the attraction and well used, then they don't. Too soon to make that statement.

As far as the 'visual appearance of the facade', I don't know how you can expect to not see other people and lines at WDW.

That's all he said in that post. This thread is now 75 pages long, though.

You'll have to look around but I'm about 99% certain it's been discussed at length on here (not discounting that chance I just fever-dreamed it) that this new attraction will have a footprint much smaller than that of GMR, leaving a significant portion of the building unused - at least for anything guest-facing.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

It doesn't seem like much of a challenge to make the new preshow area just as 'efficient' as the old one. It's just another snake-line with a looped movie showing on a screen.

MrPromey

At least - in theory - both GMR overflows are behind the right hand facade and mostly hidden.

Not so much the shoehorned fastpass entry.

Not sure I'm catching your drift. Are you saying they should be able to extend that queue area behind the scenes without having to rope off the courtyard and having people stand in line over hand-prints? If so, that's good news, at least.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not sure I'm catching your drift. Are you saying they should be able to extend that queue area behind the scenes without having to rope off the courtyard and having people stand in line over hand-prints? If so, that's good news, at least.
No. There probably won’t be enough queue space for the popularity of a new attraction having lost the original preshow space.

Kamikaze

It doesn't seem like much of a challenge to make the new preshow area just as 'efficient' as the old one. It's just another snake-line with a looped movie showing on a screen.

Not if its a preshow like HM, RnRC, Test Track, etc where its a room you just gather in between two sets of doors. No queue lines to snake in there.

CJR

It will be interesting to see what happens once SWL opens. I'd imagine Fastpass will be much more possible for daily guests, but that also will mean more people heading to standby. Except for those who pay to get ahead of the system, of course.

MrPromey

It may not even come down to how efficient the preshow area is. If demand is high and attraction capacity is lower than what came before it, lines will be longer.
No. There probably won’t be enough queue space for the popularity of a new attraction having lost the original preshow space.

... and I didn't just imagine that the new ride will not be using all of the building space, right?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It may not even come down to how efficient the preshow area is. If demand is high and attraction capacity is lower than what came before it, lines will be longer.

... and I didn't just imagine that the new ride will not be using all of the building space, right?
The layout was re jigged to use more than originally planned but I don’t believe so, no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom