Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

po1998

I'd guess that there are numerous attractions at WDW which contain elements that are expensive to maintain. I don't see those attractions shutting down.

Just an excuse for TDO to close down a great people eating attraction.

DrewmanS

I'd guess that there are numerous attractions at WDW which contain elements that are expensive to maintain. I don't see those attractions shutting down.

Just an excuse for TDO to close down a great people eating attraction.

Except I don't think that is the reason for "shutting down" the attraction. The studio theme is now gone. Instead of a "working" studios or movie themed rides, you now enter the world of the movies. Galaxy's Edge, Andy' bedroom and back yard, a haunted hotel, a limo to a concert, a theater in LA featuring the muppets. So a ride in the middle of the park about classic movies no longer fits the theme, but an attraction based on going to a movie premiere and being sucked into the movie does. (Of course this also means Star Tours and Indy Sunt Show are not long for this park either)

As for cost, I am sure that the cost of gutting GMR, replacing it with MMRR, and operating it for the next 10-20 years will cost much more than had they just kept it as is and did minimum maintenance.

No Name

Except I don't think that is the reason for "shutting down" the attraction. The studio theme is now gone. Instead of a "working" studios or movie themed rides, you now enter the world of the movies. Galaxy's Edge, Andy' bedroom and back yard, a haunted hotel, a limo to a concert, a theater in LA featuring the muppets. So a ride in the middle of the park about classic movies no longer fits the theme, but an attraction based on going to a movie premiere and being sucked into the movie does. (Of course this also means Star Tours and Indy Sunt Show are not long for this park either)

As for cost, I am sure that the cost of gutting GMR, replacing it with MMRR, and operating it for the next 10-20 years will cost much more than had they just kept it as is and did minimum maintenance.

The Great Move Ride was about going into the movies. I don't see how that fits any less than it ever has.

Mike S

IMG_0743.JPG

Brian Swan

I'm seeing the Mickey ride to be like this.

First time I've watched a video of this ride - wow. Certainly puts the two US Pooh rides to shame. If MMRR is anything like this with 3D figures, elaborate sets, and lots of motion, then I'll "forgive" the decision to use the new art design. I may actually be getting excited about this...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
First time I've watched a video of this ride - wow. Certainly puts the two US Pooh rides to shame. If MMRR is anything like this with 3D figures, elaborate sets, and lots of motion, then I'll "forgive" the decision to use the new art design. I may actually be getting excited about this...
Let me elaborate. I expect the Mickey ride RVs to be capable of the motion seen in Honey Hunt. That's all.

brb1006

Don't forget the Shanghai clone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom