Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

alisonce04

I've reflected on this a bit more and have determined I am at peace with this approach. TGMR was a staple at DHS/MGM since opening and obviously fit perfectly in the park.

While I respect the argument that a massive refurb of TGMR should've been the preferred approach, MaMRR isn't such a bad option.

Disney was founded on Mickey. More specifically, it was founded on animation. Having this animated Mickey short be the central focus of the ride, ties nicely into Disney Hollywood Studios. My two cents.
I agree completely, and there really isn't a ride that's just based on Mickey besides Philarmagic! I think it's a great idea for an attraction and i think it fits in well!

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
What crackheads?
R7CFcVE0H6AiN031x1hOIADeIOJiMFvxHU8Q0Gd57ktBNc1sD768ZNepsk-R4AYEt2eRfQqGgaWtooabTWXWYVcUHSVQs8J6w9vdRF8EA8ssDrzmi6zCmO8N3Bphg5oUMA

999th Happy Haunt

Not the popular opinion, but I actually like that they used this Mickey. He has more personality and has been more fun then most iterations in recent memory. They might not look the best in the cartoons but it looks like they're toning down on the Ren and Stimpy-like facial expressions in this attraction based on (little) concept art and signs outside the theater right now.

Amused to Death

speeding along independently of one another (with trackless vehicles)

But can these 1/2 sized GMR theater cars be made to travel at anything faster than a snail's pace?

I'm suddenly reminded of the old King Kong attraction at Universal. The literature talked about how Kong would "throw your cable car to the ground!" It sure sounded good on paper! Scary even! But the reality was that your car very, very slowly moved a few feet in a downward direction. Very disappointing! LOL!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But can these 1/2 sized GMR theater cars be made to travel at anything faster than a snail's pace?

I'm suddenly reminded of the old King Kong attraction at Universal. The literature talked about how Kong would "throw your cable car to the ground!" It sure sounded good on paper! Scary even! But the reality was that your car very, very slowly moved a few feet in a downward direction. Very disappointing! LOL!

I'm anticipating motion programming similar to Poohs Honey Hunt.

And Spider-Man / FoJ type of surround projections on walls and set pieces that move to simulate lots of speed [if I've been interpreting the insiders and Disney marketing correctly].

Start the fans!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom