Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Rich Brownn

Maybe they should add an educational history of film at Epcot as that is the educational park ;) (I'm not being 100% serious).

But in general the GMR was past its best. It could have been gutted and rebuilt, adding some new film classics and still celebrating the old stuff, but I imagine the chance of them getting all the negotiations sorted for this are a lot lower than 35 years ago and Disney themselves just don't have the classic live action films in their catalogue.

Also look at Universal Studios, that opened about the same time as Disney-MGM and pretty much the only original ride left is ET, things move on, tastes change, its not just about education, its about entertainment.
the GMR was actually designed for EPCOT

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, I get a ride length of 4 min 48 seconds (from the time the train starts moving out of the load station until the last note concludes of the final verse of the concluding song (not counting the time the train was stacked before entering the unload station). Pretty decent, especially when you add in the pre-show.

Castle Cake Apologist

They didn’t

To be fair, you're quoting a post from nearly 3 years ago. I actually liked the post that you quoted when it was first posted, because I felt the same way he did when it was first announced. But over the last couple years, I actually took the time to watch the new shorts and fell completely in love with this version of the Fab Five. I'd wager that a lot of people who were concerned about the art direction are like me and hadn't seen the shorts and the charm that they ooze. I would also wager that a lot of people who were put off by the art style at first have since come around.

For what it's worth, though, I revoked my like from the quoted post. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom