Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not feeling it.

Sure it's a modern interpretation of a traditional dark ride experience... but

- I have no connection to the source material - so unlike a Peter Pan or Pinnochio that attachment or desire to get closer is lacking
- Its neat, but being technical it seems to miss the charm that the classic rides hold onto
- It doesn't seem to have any major anchor moment or scene that draws you back

Its like.. the tech is cool, but kills the charm... while the tech is cool, but not cool enough on its own to make it a must do. I'm sure in person the extra dimension of things will help make it more attractive... but it just feels 'ok'

Then add in the comparison of what was there before vs what you get now... doesn't help one bit.

And what in the world is that dancing room with daisy? Just need something to put the ride vehicles to work??

disneygeek90

I'm not feeling it.

- I have no connection to the source material - so unlike a Peter Pan or Pinnochio that attachment or desire to get closer is lacking
- Its neat, but being technical it seems to miss the charm that the classic rides hold onto

Its like.. the tech is cool, but kills the charm... while the tech is cool, but not cool enough on its own to make it a must do. I'm sure in person the extra dimension of things will help make it more attractive... but it just feels 'ok'

Then add in the comparison of what was there before vs what you get now... doesn't help one bit.

And what in the world is that dancing room with daisy? Just need something to put the ride vehicles to work??
Just curious, have you been on it yet?

Wildstar

As a Disney celebrity myself who's been by Mickey mouse side over the years and famous in the parks. I'm simply appalled at the double standard. I have the largest private owned Mickey mouse vynlmation set not owned by a buyer or seller in the state of Florida. I have 30 lanyards filled with Disney pins and 15 different autograph books filled with characters signatures over the years in Disney Land and Walt Disney world. if you ever been to Disney chances are I'll probably be in one of your photos or been on a ride with you at some point.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Just curious, have you been on it yet?

"Its like.. the tech is cool, but kills the charm... while the tech is cool, but not cool enough on its own to make it a must do. I'm sure in person the extra dimension of things will help make it more attractive... but it just feels 'ok'"

disneygeek90

"Its like.. the tech is cool, but kills the charm... while the tech is cool, but not cool enough on its own to make it a must do. I'm sure in person the extra dimension of things will help make it more attractive... but it just feels 'ok'"
Ah, okay. I missed that. I feel like most attractions these days really need the in person view for the whole effect. I loved GMR, but I'm hoping this will be an acceptable replacement.

JIMINYCR

Planning on doing it in May. Watching the ride through doesnt convince me that replacing the GMR for this was a wiser decision than overhauling the theater and movie scenes. Hope it wows me more in person or I'll be walking out disappointed and depressed.

UNCgolf

I'm not feeling it.

I had almost the opposite reaction -- it actually looks better than Rise of the Resistance to me in terms of the actual ride portion (I still think RotR has it beat overall), despite not liking the art style of the Mickey Shorts. And I thought the Daisy scene was great!

I definitely don't think it should have replaced GMR -- just build it somewhere else in DHS, it's not like the park is overflowing with attractions -- but it's much better than I hoped/expected. It's easily the best dark ride Disney has built this century (at least at WDW and counting RotR as its own separate thing) and I hope they build more like it. They should also use it as a template to fix Frozen Ever After and the Little Mermaid. The trackless vehicles aren't necessary for a good ride in this vein.

Disney Analyst

I'm not feeling it.

You have no connection to Mickey Mouse?!

You monster.

JohnD

I'm not feeling it.

One "No". Check.

Schmidt

I love it based on the video. Using tech that exists already, but this is a very unique attraction different than anything Ive seen before. I absolutely love it and this a perfect anchor attraction that was needed at HS. The park has way better flow now. Loving, loving, loving it. As anything else I get that people are going to prefer legacy attractions. Not me. Imo this attraction was long in the tooth, boring, too long, and always a walk on in recent years.

As good as it is in the video, it should be a better on ride experience. Can't wait. HS finally has a strong lineup of rides. Could use 1 or 2 more but this park is onto something special!

NormC

By the way I tend to shoot from the hip and I hope to God 🙏 this attraction stays afloat unlike jungle cruise where everyone gets wet from excitement and takes a peaceful voyage for granite.
As in countertops and statues? Vermont is a good place to voyage to for some granite.

aladdin2007

okay so where is the so called catchy theme song suppose to be? I didn't hear it anywhere except for like one sentence as you exit??
that's my only thumbs down...I thought it would be throughout the attraction. Its mainly different rooms with no cohesive story.
but aside from those things visually impressive and a fun cute family dark ride. Most wont know what it replaced, but for those of us that do Im still in the camp of it should of been in addition to and not replaced, it would have been absolutely perfect for storybook circus like others have said.

brb1006

okay so where is the so called catchy theme song suppose to be? I didn't hear it anywhere except for like one sentence as you exit??
that's my only thumbs down...I thought it would be throughout the attraction. Instead its mainly just different rooms with no cohesive story.
but aside from those things visually impressive and a fun cute dark ride. Most wont know what it replaced, but for those of us that do Im still in the camp of it should of been in addition to and not replaced, it would have been absolutely perfect for storybook circus like others have said.
"Nothing can stop us now" is heard during the finale, and different variations is heard throughout the ride. Goofy is also heard singing it briefly before guests get separated from him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom