Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Hawg G

Just because someone says something positive does not make them a diznoid ,also people can have there own opinion’s without you making it like it is the wrong one.And that everyone has to be so negative on this board.

His past posts, and signature box full of everything Disney DOES show he is a DizNoid.

Steph15251

What is revolutionary and “cunning” edge About RotR? And before you say it, Transformers has been operating with a motion base on an elevator for almost a decade.
You ,do know people can have their own opinions right,and they can think something is cutting edge if they want to without you questioning it.

fngoofy

You’ve already lost the argument for yourself. Your willingness to discredit the opinions of others by improperly using “objective” means your point is kinda lost.

Rise is amazing, but it’s also boring, so I’d easily rank a lot of attractions above it.
Like IASW, I happen to love that ride more than many other modern techno marvels.
SSE, is loved by our family far more than all rides mentioned so far.
How did we get to this talking about MMRR?

Hawg G

You ,do know people can have their own opinions right,and they can think something is cutting edge if they want to without you questioning it.

Cutting edge isn’t really an opinion. It’s a term used for the most technically advanced things when they open (see Spiderman and Forbidden Journey). I mean, you can think a DVD player is cutting edge, but that would be flat out wrong.

Steph15251

Cutting edge isn’t really an opinion. It’s a term used for the most technically advanced things when they open (see Spiderman and Forbidden Journey). I mean, you can think a DVD player is cutting edge, but that would be flat out wrong.
Who is to say Rise is not somewhat cutting edge,I have not been on it yet so I can not judge it,but I would say mixing about 3 diffeant ride systems together can be cutting edge imo.People thinking it is cutting edge is not just the ride they are talking about,they are also thinking of the pre shows too.

999th Happy Haunt

What is revolutionary and “cunning” edge About RotR? And before you say it, Transformers has been operating with a motion base on an elevator for almost a decade.
It’s not so much that RotR has a ton of new cutting-edge tech in it, it’s more that it combines almost every trick in the book for an incredible ride experience. I’d also argue the way the story progresses is something that really hasn’t been seen in any other attraction, at least not on this scale.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It’s not so much that RotR has a ton of new cutting-edge tech in it, it’s more that it combines almost every trick in the book for an incredible ride experience. I’d also argue the way the story progresses is something that really hasn’t been seen in any other attraction, at least not on this scale.
Bingo

(still shamed with lack of visual practical effects mind)

mikejs78

Premium Member
I can think of several categories, troll isn’t one.

I can also think of several trolls on the forum, but I don’t think of this as one.
It fits the definition:.

a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

His comments referring to people as Disnoids is inflammatory.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Have to admit ... the James Cagney singing and dancing scene never did a thing for me
Cagney sang and danced? I don't remember that. I remember him standing in front of a door talking to someone on the other side of it...

There was no scene on the ride that Cagney sang and dance, that is true. He was indeed just standing and talking in a scene from a movie that I'd wager the overwhelming majority of guests never saw... even when the ride was new.

Cagney did sing and dance in the movie Yankee Doodle Dandy. A clip of that was shown in the final montage.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

You can’t call someone a troll because they don’t agree with your opinion.

They may not be a typical troll. But the use of terms and how they are labelling people on these boards has been quite trollish, for quite a while. Using terms like “Diznoid” is immature and troll type behaviour. There are better ways to share ones opinions.

We’d all do well to ignore this poster, especially when they act like that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They may not be a typical troll. But the use of terms and how they are labelling people on these boards has been quite trollish, for quite a while. Using terms like “Diznoid” is immature and troll type behaviour. There are better ways to share ones opinions.

We’d all do well to ignore this poster, especially when they act like that.
I’m proud to say I’ve no one on ignore. Anymore. At the moment.

Disney Analyst

I’m proud to say I’ve no one on ignore. Anymore. At the moment.

I didn’t mean to insinuate that you should put them on ignore, by any means. I don’t use that feature. Mostly just meant to everyone reading, we should ignore and not respond to people who exhibit/use that kind of tactic on here. Hopefully that will make them rethink and engage more maturely.

Josh Hendy

Cagney did sing and dance in the move Yankee Doodle Dandy. A clip of that was shown in the final montage.
Whoops, looks like I mixed up the Busby Berkeley musical scene, Gene Kelly dancing, the James Cagney scene where he's a gangster in a tuxedo or something, and the movie clip. I'm a boomer and I knew all of those movies yet they were still un-memorable to me in the context of GMR. Except for Oz, Poppins and Indiana Jones, there wasn't a single scene in GMR which resonated or piqued the interest of my kids.

Hawg G

Exactly. It is NOT cutting edge, as is the go to phrase for many. But Hagrid isn't cutting edge either. Rides don't have to be to be excellent. But "cutting edge" has a real meaning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom