Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

solidyne

Ride duration doesn't affect capacity.

GMR and MMRR have pretty similar rate of people per hour boarding.

What's lost is amount of time spent on a ride by the guest.
True. Duration doesn't affect throughput but does affect number of people on the ride at any given moment (holding throughput constant). Could you say ....
throughput x duration = peoplemunchability
?

Why, that low percentage explains why so much praise was given. So few of the riders had experienced any ride like it.
Your specific comment was akin to saying that you're pretty sure the majority of those that went to Magic Kingdom today were humans.

Aside from that, a ton of people are looking forward to riding Rise and the vast majority of them haven't ridden any of the other trackless rides, so to most of them the most important thing is "How fun is Rise" not "How does it compare to these rides I haven't experienced." So discounting their opinions is silly.

Last edited:

Hawg G

Your specific comment was akin to saying that you're pretty sure the majority of those that went to Magic Kingdom today were humans.

Aside from that, a ton of people are looking forward to riding Rise and the vast majority of them haven't ridden any of the other trackless rides, so to most of them the most important thing is "How fun is Rise" not "How does it compare to these rides I haven't experienced." So discounting their opinions is silly.

Not really. ANd there are PLENTY of people who have ridden Pooh and Rat that post on here. Even the much remote Mystic Manor. When someone claims a ride to be the best ever, the other rides they've ridden are of supreme importance to the value given to their claim.

Sorta like someone visiting Universal Orlando for the first time that goes to the Studios first, and claims Transformers as the best ride ever. Then the next day, they go to IOA.

SplashJacket

Or Ratatouille.

I really think a lot of the praise for RotR was from people who hadn’t already been on Pooh, Rat, or Mystic Manor.

Yea... I went on Pooh, Rat, Mystic Manor, Aquatopia, and Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters all prior to riding Rise of the Resistance.

Immediately after getting off Rise it was clear I had just experienced the best ride in the world, taking the honor from Shanghai POTC.

Riding one type of ride does not lower the excitement of another ride of the same type, the same way eating a nice juicy Ribeye does not detract from a sizzling Filet.

Magenta Panther

Have to admit ... the James Cagney singing and dancing scene never did a thing for me and I didn't care at all whether John Wayne and Clint Eastwood were ever in a movie together. To me, things didn't get very interesting until maybe around the Alien scene.

I'm not arguing against having generously long rides, just saying that they have to be actually entertaining, like Splash or Pirates.

Cagney sang and danced? I don't remember that. I remember him standing in front of a door talking to someone on the other side of it...

A Noble Fish

Cool, one opinion. Of a Diznoid.
Please tell me your trolling...

The best two rides are objectively Rise and Shanghai's Pirates. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

That's not about what you find the most fun, but which are objectively superior in scale and execution. Those two are in an incomparable league of their own.

Lumping Rise with the other trackless rides is a silly venture because it's done in a way more comparable to Indy, and then elevated to the scale of POTC in Shanghai.

Last edited:

mccgavin

The best two rides are objectively Rise and Shanghai's Pirates. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
Rise & Shanghai Pirates are both revolutionary cunning-edge attractions, but it is certainly up for debate whether they truly the "best". While technically outstanding, I'd argue that there are aspects that are achieved better such as atmosphere and storytelling in attractions like Pirates, HM, & Splash Mountain. I'm sure Rise & Shanghai Pirates will become classics and park staples for years to come, but just because it's the newest doesn't necessarily make it the best.

Edit: That being said, I don't agree with the person you quoted either.

DarkMetroid567

You’ve already lost the argument for yourself. Your willingness to discredit the opinions of others by improperly using “objective” means your point is kinda lost.

Rise is amazing, but it’s also boring, so I’d easily rank a lot of attractions above it.

No Name

The reason MMRR is so much shorter than the GMR is that it’s a faster-paced ride. 20 minutes of MMRR would feel much longer and require more space than 20 minutes of GMR. MMRR may still feel too short, I don’t know, but not by 15 or so minutes.

Which is obvious to most as the REAL important factor. Disney could add 10 more Dumbos (I am sure it was blue sky at one point, they put them everywhere), and add lots of capacity. But that isn't the capacity we're looking for.
Speak for yourself. That’s the kind of capacity that makes lines, say, 30 minutes instead of an hour.

That’s absolutely an opinion.

Steph15251

Rise & Shanghai Pirates are both revolutionary cunning-edge attractions, but it is certainly up for debate whether they truly the "best". While technically outstanding, I'd argue that there are aspects that are achieved better such as atmosphere and storytelling in attractions like Pirates, HM, & Splash Mountain. I'm sure Rise & Shanghai Pirates will become classics and park staples for years to come, but just because it's the newest doesn't necessarily make it the best.

What someone’s best is ,will always be that person’s opinion,I feel everyone has a different opinion.

Hawg G

What is revolutionary and “cunning” edge About RotR? And before you say it, Transformers has been operating with a motion base on an elevator for almost a decade.

Steph15251

I can think of several categories, troll isn’t one.

I can also think of several trolls on the forum, but I don’t think of this as one.
I guess it depends on what one thinks of as a troll ,to be honest I do not respect anyone calling someone a diznoid on this board just because of saying something positive .

UNCgolf

You've got to be a troll.

That's not about what you find the most fun, but which are objectively superior in scale and execution. Those two are in an incomparable league of their own.

Lumping Rise with the other trackless rides is a silly venture because it's done in a way more comparable to Indy, and then elevated to the scale of POTC in Shanghai.

I don't think you understand what the word objective means.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom