Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If they do use BG's for MMRR then I wouldn't think you would have to chose this or ROTR, I would think you can select both upon park opening but your plans better be flexible.

disneygeek90

I could see most people there for ROTR would grab a MMRR BG too, because why not, or vice versa. So seemingly the same number of people would have a BG for both attractions within minutes... gonna be interesting.

Disney Analyst

I would predict boarding groups will end for RotR before this debuts, and they will switch to a standby only system until ready to add in Fastpass.

Then they’ll use BGs on MMRR for a while at the start, then either add them back to RotR or be done with them.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I would predict boarding groups will end for RotR before this debuts, and they will switch to a standby only system until ready to add in Fastpass.

Then they’ll use BGs on MMRR for a while at the start, then either add them back to RotR or be done with them.
Well, they have 6 or 7 weeks to figure it out and get RotR operations consistent. If it continues to shut down, there will be frenzy when they have to dump the queue.

DonaldDoleWhip

I can't imagine having to 'choose' between RotR or MMRR, but I could envision a policy of only joining one boarding group at a time. After all, you can only be in one physical queue at any given moment.

If that occurs, the wise choice would be to select Rise first, as MMRR boarding groups should remain available later into the day.

Boarding groups or not, I'm looking forward to hitting up MMRR (and Rise again) during opening weekend! March 5th can't get here soon enough.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Disney was expecting a boost in overall attendance with SW:GE.
I guess the point I was failing to make was that if you want to increase attendance via a ride, it’s generally not a great idea to make riding that ride a total PITA and run ads saying access to the ride is not guaranteed (which they are still doing).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I guess the point I was failing to make was that if you want to increase attendance via a ride, it’s generally not a great idea to make riding that ride a total PITA and run ads saying access to the ride is not guaranteed (which they are still doing).

Is that like saying SW:GE didn't need marketing and Bob Iger tweeting it was open was all that was needed? ;) It's amazing the missteps they have had with this land, on both coasts. Iger's comment about marketing. Blocking out AP holders in CA. Raising prices in CA. Opening a half-finished land on both coasts. Advertising that access to the signature attraction is not guaranteed. Having 5x more shops and eateries than attractions (personally, I think it should be 2x, maybe 3x. How they would get there is open for discussion. YMMV).

However, overheard in the halls of TDA - "Everything is fine. SW:GE is a huge success beyond our wildest expectations. Millions of people are lining up to ride the rides, eat the food, drink colored "milk", and buy the merchandise. Ignore the infidels." :hilarious:

Hawg G

I don’t know. I’d hope not. You don’t pay admission to have to choose.

I’ll be stunned if you don’t have to choose. There will be more people in the park every day than both attractions can give rides to, combined. I can’t imagine Disney will want families to show up at the park to be told they can’t ride either one of the new rides.

If only Disney would have had time to anticipate these crowds, and actually increase ride capacity at the park. I guess they need more than a few decades.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ll be stunned if you don’t have to choose. There will be more people in the park every day than both attractions can give rides to, combined. I can’t imagine Disney will want families to show up at the park to be told they can’t ride either one of the new rides.

If only Disney would have had time to anticipate these crowds, and actually increase ride capacity at the park. I guess they need more than a few decades.
The irony is that RR was meant to open before Rise to act as its overflow.

It’s not the only scheduling issue I’m hearing about for new projects. Things are getting a bit messy.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

It’s not the only scheduling issue I’m hearing about for new projects. Things are getting a bit messy.
By my count the following have been delayed (of course there are more i'm sure I don't know about):

Mickey and Minnie's
Ratatouille
Space 220
Poppins
Several projects in DS

Parker in NYC

By my count the following have been delayed (of course there are more i'm sure I don't know about):

Mickey and Minnie's
Ratatouille
Space 220
Poppins
Several projects in DS

Wait, is Railway delayed now past the scheduled March opening, or is this more along the lines of its overall delayed trajectory?

TTA94

Does a certain nighttime show fall under that? Hope that’s still on schedule and all is good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom