Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Movielover

Potatoland.

That is all.

rle4lunch

What really surprised me was just how much heart they have. Yes they have flashy animation and sometimes gross out humor, all of which I love, but at the core the characters all feel so warm and inviting. Especially the love between Mickey and Minnie. At the end of the day the Mickey here is still Mickey and the hero. It's perfect example of updating characters and stories to modern audiences while keeping true to the characters as Walt created them.

Agreed on all that. My intial reaction to the Ren and Stimpy style animation was a bit offputting (Goofy looks like a Depression era hobo), but once you get acclimated to it, you can really enjoy them. The Christmas special was our sons favorite for about a year straight. The way Donald (who in my opinion, is the ONLY Disney character grounded in reality) is portrayed in the shorts and letting him fly off the handle is just terrific. The time when Professor Von Drake makes a franken-Donald is hilarious.

Ponderer

What really surprised me was just how much heart they have. Yes they have flashy animation and sometimes gross out humor, all of which I love, but at the core the characters all feel so warm and inviting. Especially the love between Mickey and Minnie. At the end of the day the Mickey here is still Mickey and the hero. It's perfect example of updating characters and stories to modern audiences while keeping true to the characters as Walt created them.

Yes, yes and yes. The love and imagination that goes into these shorts is astonishing, and it hasn't flagged a bit since they started producing them. My wife is a great example of that modern audience - she grew up with Mickey as an icon, but as a character, she had never warmed to him particularly. He was kind of an adorable relic. But with the series, not only does she adore this Mickey, but she gets the appeal of him over all his incarnations as well.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Agreed on all that. My intial reaction to the Ren and Stimpy style animation was a bit offputting (Goofy looks like a Depression era hobo), but once you get acclimated to it, you can really enjoy them. The Christmas special was our sons favorite for about a year straight. The way Donald (who in my opinion, is the ONLY Disney character grounded in reality) is portrayed in the shorts and letting him fly off the handle is just terrific. The time when Professor Von Drake makes a franken-Donald is hilarious.
The director of the series is Paul Rudish. Most of his work can be seen during the time he worked at Cartoon Network..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom