Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Surferboy567

I guess this does prove that the stepping into the cartoon world thing is happening...good since the theaters spit out into the loading bay. I’m calling it now magic mirror Enchanted Tales with Belle effect. Or maybe it’s like Get a Horse! Where the characters themselves jump in and out and takes the audience with them.

Hawg G

Pandora was well worth the cost. Look at the lines for the 2 rides. Look at the Satu'li Canteen and of couse the merchandise. Selling a 6 month supply of Banshees in days. This land was a fantastic investment. Too many people here only talk about the rides and ignore what makes WDW a themepark and not an amusement park. I don't go for the rides but the overall experience and quality.

I think the popularity is just like Soarin needing 3 screens. And Soarin is just another 4 minute movie on a moving platform. I see FoP as just another movie, honestly. Yes, it's a bit sparkelier, and a bit different. But I simply dont get the fawning over it. I still argue if it was Flight of Wizard Passage, it would be lambasted as another Universal screen ride.

Satuli is so popular because it actually has air conditioning.

Nit picking the FJ show building is so tired, and Diznoidy. I'd much rather Universal spend money on rides than a hundred million on extra rock work. The ride hardware for the 2 Pandora rides was likely about 15-20% of the land cost. In a park desperately needing more attractions.

Hawg G

I was expecting a real ground breaking ride. Moving walls with projection mapping to really mess with your eyes.

The layout I see is very much like Ratatouille. With one scene where you split up for a small, totally enveloping screen. The rest are rooms you will quickly go through. And with multiple cars, and no 3D, the squinching will be very limited.

Ratatouille 1.5.

It will be cool, and I assume most of the walls will be screens, but unless this doesn't show some moving sectuons, I think folks are REALLY setting themselves up for a ride that can't meet their expectations.

Disney Analyst

I was expecting a real ground breaking ride. Moving walls with projection mapping to really mess with your eyes.

The layout I see is very much like Ratatouille. With one scene where you split up for a small, totally enveloping screen. The rest are rooms you will quickly go through. And with multiple cars, and no 3D, the squinching will be very limited.

Ratatouille 1.5.

It will be cool, and I assume most of the walls will be screens, but unless this doesn't show some moving sectuons, I think folks are REALLY setting themselves up for a ride that can't meet their expectations.

I don't think you realize what they are doing, I think the only real screen moment will be the falls, the rest is what they are calling 2.5D.

Missing20K

Found online or not, that photo is definitely taped to a wall on-site.

Good to see Joey at RCID signed off on the fire proofing and what I assume is the PSI for the fire pump. ;)

ToTBellHop

Ratatouille 1.5.

You may be selling them a bit short on this one.

Hawg G

I don't think you realize what they are doing, I think the only real screen moment will be the falls, the rest is what they are calling 2.5D.

They can call it whatever. I see large rooms, that will contain 4 cars at a time, so 4 points of convergence. I suspect the walls will be almost all projected. Besides the starting tunnel, which may have something unique on the right of the vehicles, or that could be where the Goofy engine returns to the next group. The rest of the rooms seem just open rooms.

As I said, perhaps some moving walls aren't shown, but they are very limited in what they can do with multiple vehicles. They can hype all they want, and they will. They have you spouting out 2.5D just like they trained you.

They will convince you 2.5D is better than 3D that Ratatouille has. Even though 2.5D is nothing but a term created by a bunch of marketers in a room one day that may or may not have contained an Imagineer

We'll see. It will be a neat ride, but I think it will end up like Smugglers Run. A ride everyone thought was going to blow their minds, that reality has slowly crept in and beat down PR speak, and folks now have much more controlled expectations of it. Some even expecting it to be pretty non-mind blowing

Disney Analyst

They can call it whatever. I see large rooms, that will contain 4 cars at a time, so 4 points of convergence. I suspect the walls will be almost all projected. Besides the starting tunnel, which may have something unique on the right of the vehicles, or that could be where the Goofy engine returns to the next group. The rest of the rooms seem just open rooms.

As I said, perhaps some moving walls aren't shown, but they are very limited in what they can do with multiple vehicles. They can hype all they want, and they will. They have you spouting out 2.5D just like they trained you.

They will convince you 2.5D is better than 3D that Ratatouille has. Even though 2.5D is nothing but a term created by a bunch of marketers in a room one day that may or may not have contained an Imagineer

We'll see. It will be a neat ride, but I think it will end up like Smugglers Run. A ride everyone thought was going to blow their minds, that reality has slowly crept in and beat down PR speak, and folks now have much more controlled expectations of it. Some even expecting it to be pretty non-mind blowing

A bit aggressive, no? They haven't trained me... I just don't think you understand the creative direction they are going with this attraction. I also took it as dimensional but also flat scene structure, with projections supplementing/enhancing/bring life to the scene.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The layout I see is very much like Ratatouille. With one scene where you split up for a small, totally enveloping screen. The rest are rooms you will quickly go through..
The train splits in every show room. One room has a ballet (with a fifth.... thing), one room you pair off, then another ballet, then each car gets its own screen, two more ballet splits, an out of position group, and then the regroup.

It helps if you know the path envelopes ;)

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, separate load/unload. Makes sense so that the train's empty when you "step into" the cartoon.
Read this from yesterday:
The barn is roughly where half the original finale theatre was. It uses an LPS feature of enabling cars to park for disabled load / unload out of sight and off the main ride path. Cars will usually pass through empty to return to load.
I just checked. New unload does indeed take up around 3/4 of the original finale theatre area. Guests will exit by roughly walking through where the old right hand vehicle doors used to be, to a new corridor that leads to the old exit doors.

The left hand theatre vehicle doors are more or less where the “barn” entrance is for GWD and return to load cars. The GWD load/unload area is half of the old GMR return to load room that later had the TCM projections above.

It should be noted the old maintainence garage exit and associated vehicle pathway has gone. The new GWD dock and new exit corridor now use this space.

Hawg G

The train splits in every show room. One room has a ballet (with a fifth.... thing), one room you pair off, then another ballet, then each car gets its own screen, two more ballet splits, an out of position group, and then the regroup.

Right, if by ballet you are talking Poohs Hunny Hunt rooms with things all around. And if so, again, ther really can't be any real depth to the projections.

It's clear one room, cars are separated, on likely gentle motion bases.

With that info, if this is PHH with screens, that will be great. It will be nice for the US to finally get a ride with the quality of a 15 year old ride at TDL.

Hawg G

In the site of not mentioning's write up, they say 10 AA figures as well, so if that is the case... This looks like a great attraction, aside from the death of GMR.
Staying with the PHH analogy, and the fact you will zip by them, I wouldn't expect high end AAs. Perhaps a M and M pair at the end.

For those who know, does this really have any unusual projected visuals? The layout looks so open, I'm guessing almost complete screen coverage around each room. Perhaps some cool movement like the Tigger room.

Can't wait to see the Universal Screenz haters pile on the praise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom