Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Hawg G

Sorry I thought you were asking what was built in the last 20 years worth the money AND what was lost for it. I’d say losing camp Minnie Mickeys temporary aesthetic was worth pandora since it’s only attraction was moved elsewhere.

But was Pandora worth its price tag? A pretty lame boat ride, and a 4 minute movie you watch on a moving platform on a seat that spreads your legs apart a few times? Oh, and "floating rocks".

For, what, half a billion dollars?

Markiewong

But was Pandora worth its price tag? A pretty lame boat ride, and a 4 minute movie you watch on a moving platform on a seat that spreads your legs apart a few times? Oh, and "floating rocks".

If you describe attractions this way Pirates would be "boatride across sets with a drop" and Forbidden Journey would be "A robot arm swinging you in front of screens and sets". A lot of money goes into theming and it shows, Pandora is incredible themed and does a great work of hiding the showbuilding from within the land (unlike the wizarding world and the showbuilding from forbidden journey as example). Describing Flight of the Passage as a 4 minute movie on a moving platform is a huge understatement.

I mean we all know by now that WDI is incredible inefficient with budgets. But looking at consumer value, the pandora expansion was definitely worth it (especially taking into consideration what it replaced).

seascape

Pandora was well worth the cost. Look at the lines for the 2 rides. Look at the Satu'li Canteen and of couse the merchandise. Selling a 6 month supply of Banshees in days. This land was a fantastic investment. Too many people here only talk about the rides and ignore what makes WDW a themepark and not an amusement park. I don't go for the rides but the overall experience and quality.

Casper Gutman

Like many here, I’ve been assuming there would be some sort of “stepping into the screen” moment in the queue, but I’m beginning to suspect that once you enter the building you’re in the toon, which would make it much easier to clone the structure with minimal changes to parks like DL that lack the studio theme.

Surferboy567

Like many here, I’ve been assuming there would be some sort of “stepping into the screen” moment in the queue, but I’m beginning to suspect that once you enter the building you’re in the toon, which would make it much easier to clone the structure with minimal changes to parks like DL that lack the studio theme.

I don’t think this is the case. They have mentioned stepping though the screen multiple times. Why install preshow rooms if they aren’t going to actually make you step into the movie?

T.Will

He just tweeted it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom