Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

shortstop

Well you'll have a Fastpass+ to one of them. So ~10 hours to get on 3 E-Tickets or $499 for an exclusive premium package that allows you to ride them all with a glass of blue milk half-way through.
The only catch is you have to get the milk yourself.
4E6E1F79-1EA4-49F9-BB48-9A187ABA9A49.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well you'll have a Fastpass+ to one of them. So ~10 hours to get on 3 E-Tickets or $499 for an exclusive premium package that allows you to ride them all with a glass of blue milk half-way through.

Solution: Hopper.

Get a FP+ to each one on three separate days and then only pop in for that ride and then go elsewhere.

Last trip, I had six FoP FP+'s. We'd hit DAK in the morning for FoP and maybe FotLK, then go elsewhere.

ToTBellHop

Solution: Hopper.

Get a FP+ to each one on three separate days and then only pop in for that ride and then go elsewhere.

Last trip, I had six FoP FP+'s. We'd hit DAK in the morning for FoP and maybe FotLK, then go elsewhere.
Sure. But, I'd like to be able to ride the new rides more than once in a week-long vacation.

Silly and absurd, I know.

I'm purposely timing out trips to have one trip between MMRR opening and SWGE opening to focus on that, and another after SWGE opens to focus on...the other 3 parks which I'll actually be able to get into ;) I plan on being able to enter SWGE in 2027 (get in line in 2025 to be safe).

flynnibus

Premium Member
I just want the old reveal like UoE had...

Imagine if you were sitting in a theater that was supposed to represent the grand old cinemas.. and classic mickey shorts were on... and you get that magic moment where somehow the theater comes to life.. and you move into the films. The seating starts breaking away and moves into the next phase of the ride... like UoE's send off.

That's the kind of magic I miss from Disney...

Goofyernmost

It was.

It was down to money. What happened was the cheapest, most marketable option.
I don't like to disagree with you Martin, but, I had been going to that show since the year it opened. There were many years when the line ran clean out of the building and the switch back was packed. The complete train(s) were running and both the gangster and the western scene were in full operation. The final years that was not even close to being true. If there were more people going to it at the end, then they must have been invisible. However, the money part is true. They were not going to throw good money after bad and upgrade something that would not create enough return to warrant that expense no matter how sad it makes us. What they are doing is creating something that will have, or at least should have, a much wider appeal then a bunch of outdated animatronics about movies would ever be able to generate. Nostalgia is fine, if it is paying off, just like HM or PoTC or a few others, but, nostalgia without financial return will not live long. Your own words of "most marketable option" is key to it and directly connected with return on investment. It may be the cheapest option, but, technologically speaking it is rich in bankable public interest plus it makes a place for the mouse it all started with.

I loved TGMR myself, but, I am really looking forward to seeing the new thing. I also loved 20K, The Original Imagination, World of Motion, The hydrolators, and many other things that have changed or replaced, but, not enough to think that there is anything wrong with something new. I'm just happy that they are replacing it with something new and exciting unlike that basically abandoned places with no real enjoyable replacement.

Goofyernmost

Yes. And short-sighted.

You’d think they didn’t have 63 years in the business based upon the DHS remodel. Adequate capacity and crowd control should be as basic as a skinny vanilla latte to these people.
Maybe it is because they have 63 years in the business as apposed to those that are armchair theme park CEO's that know what is needed so much more then the people making big bucks to make those decisions. All we know is what we personally like not what everyone else does.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't like to disagree with you Martin, but, I had been going to that show since the year it opened. There were many years when the line ran clean out of the building and the switch back was packed. The complete train(s) were running and both the gangster and the western scene were in full operation. The final years that was not even close to being true. If there were more people going to it at the end, then they must have been invisible..
No, the line out the building was visible. I even used the switchbacks the last few years I visited when it was running. Surprised even me.

More surprising was that attraction attendance was up year on year this decade. But there you go. Life’s full of little surprises isn’t it?

FullSailDan

I don't like to disagree with you Martin, but, I had been going to that show since the year it opened. There were many years when the line ran clean out of the building and the switch back was packed. The complete train(s) were running and both the gangster and the western scene were in full operation. The final years that was not even close to being true. If there were more people going to it at the end, then they must have been invisible. However, the money part is true. They were not going to throw good money after bad and upgrade something that would not create enough return to warrant that expense no matter how sad it makes us. What they are doing is creating something that will have, or at least should have, a much wider appeal then a bunch of outdated animatronics about movies would ever be able to generate. Nostalgia is fine, if it is paying off, just like HM or PoTC or a few others, but, nostalgia without financial return will not live long. Your own words of "most marketable option" is key to it and directly connected with return on investment. It may be the cheapest option, but, technologically speaking it is rich in bankable public interest plus it makes a place for the mouse it all started with.

I loved the TGMR myself, but, I am really looking forward to seeing the new thing. I also loved 20K, The Original Imagination, World of Motion, The hydrolators, and many other things that have changed or replaced, but, not enough to think that there is anything wrong with something new. I'm just happy that they are replacing it with something new and exciting unlike that basically abandoned places with no real enjoyable replacement.

I mostly agree with this. I know so many people who loved GMR, and I thought it was a classic in the park it used to represent. I think long term it's probably the right move. In the short term, it left the park feeling un-anchored, and with too little capacity as they worked on TS and SWL. They should have shuttered Launch Bay and put something more in there. Use the soundstage space, and do something more with the elsa kareoke mode. There is a TON of unused space at DHS and they should be leveraging it better. Continue running GMR until the park is in a better place, and then think about replacing it.

I also think GMR could have been completely retooled as a concept and delivered better using todays technology if they so desired and it would probably be a crowd pleaser. The bigger question is, does GMR fit whatever they are trying to change DHS into long term? Is it still an adventure into film? I'm not so sure anymore.

the_rich

No, the line out the building was visible. I even used the switchbacks the last few years I visited when it was running. Surprised even me.

More surprising was that attraction attendance was up year on year this decade. But there you go. Life’s full of little surprises isn’t it?
I went in the end of May and beginning of December of last year and it was a walk on both times

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know I had queued up outside for GMR on multiple occasions in the past 3-5 years. 30-40 minute waits, even during what used to be slow times were common.

And wow... a couple of people here thinking they are the be-all-end-all arbiters of Mickey. Dismissing others opinions (or simply "not caring about them") is short-sighted and shows a distinct lack of intelligence. But you go on thinking you know what's best.

Last edited:

seabreezept813

I think with the transition to lower-capacity rides, people are forgetting that shorter lines does not mean there are not plenty of people riding.
I also dislike the well it was dated argument. When I took my stepdaughter for the first time (she was 7), it was one of her favorites. We re-rode it many times at her request. Unlike me, she had seen zero of the films depicted. But the immense sets and interactions totally drew her into it. When we went home, we watched a few of the films and she of course enjoyed them. They are classics!

Goofyernmost

Yes, but which one of us was surprised... you or me! Hint: what I saw didn't surprise me. That is what I and my eyes personally witnessed for that last few years of it's life. I'm sure we went at different times of the year so I guess that means that neither of our personal observations means diddly squat. If you have verifiable reports of exact numbers over a years time please share them (no I'm not talking about what someone else told you, verifiable information.) Then it will have some meaning.

Up year after year over the last decade... as soon as you can tell me what the hell else that there was to do in DHS I will be impressed, and still it raised from a low to another number that was more then likely still lower then what it was in the beginning. I'm pretty sure that it jumped up a little as soon as the monstrosity of a freaking hat was removed and people could once again see the building. However, the thing was still half empty every time I rode on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom