Mickey and Minnie to meet and greet in Tomorrowland once Toontown closes

Tigger#1

I wish they would leave the Exposition Hall alone I love that place. It's the only place in the MK that you can get away from the heat and the crowds for a while and wathc Steamboat Willie.

zooey

I wish they would leave the Exposition Hall alone I love that place. It's the only place in the MK that you can get away from the heat and the crowds for a while and wathc Steamboat Willie.

That's been gone awhile, hasn't it?

wdwemployee13

Same. It is temporary hopefully. I have very high expectations for the MSUSA location.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully not as temporary as the toontown tents are.

disneyWX

There's vintage film and pictures showing Disney characters in both DL's and MK's tomorrowland back in the day. Yes, it's not good theming, but as it won't be forever and tomorrowland is a lost cause, I don't see it as a big deal.

Expo, why is Tomorrowland a lost cause?? :veryconfu

Poor Minnie & Mickey. Their houses are so cute and personable, I can't believe they are about to be razed to the ground! Then again I shouldn't be too shocked - sure isn't the first time Disney's plans have gone this route (having a 'bitter' moment) :brick:

slappy magoo

This is no worse I guess than putting the princesses's in Adventureland temporarily, but both make me think what the.............:brick: When they sit down to have these meetings and plan this stuff out are they people from another planet or what.

I'm guessing their first concern is capacity - where can we put our most popular characters in a place that won't cause massive gridlock?

Originally Posted by Tigger #1

A-frickin-men.

hrcollectibles

I really Hope they are going to wear their EPCOT Center outfits
img099.jpg

Captain Neo

makes sense. Tomorrowland has become creativity ghetto of WDW so dumping mickey and minnie there isn't going to make the place any less thematic.

imagineer boy

I really Hope they are going to wear their EPCOT Center outfits
img099.jpg

Most likely they won't wear anything new. When people meet Mickey and friends at the MK, they want them in their traditional clothes.

Besides, I think the rainbow on that outfit would...um... let's jut leave it at that. :lol:

DisneyNut2007

Poor Minnie & Mickey. Their houses are so cute and personable, I can't believe they are about to be razed to the ground! Then again I shouldn't be too shocked - sure isn't the first time Disney's plans have gone this route (having a 'bitter' moment) :brick:

A reminder: Mickey & Minnie's houses in WDW's Toontown Fair are just their "country" houses.

Their normal houses are in Disneyland's Toontown, where they technically live. :)

mharrington

First Mickey and Minnie lose their homes to the encroachment of Fantasyland, then they get shoehorned into the Expo Hall, and now this...

Does appropriate themeing mean nothing to Disney (or at least WDW) anymore?

Figment1986

Mickey does have "a" space suit... didn't he wear it to Captain EO's reopening? it's nothing like the 80s version... Might have been borrowed from DL though.

WDW-Crazy

I remember the characters wearing those very space suites at Epcot in 1989. They used to mingle in the area where the fountain is (where the Leave A Legacy things are). I think Mickey was one of them, as well as Goofy. I don't care if they are here until the Expo Hall is completed, as long as they make them fit the theme (space suites). It's just temporary anyways.

asianway

Mickey does have "a" space suit... didn't he wear it to Captain EO's reopening? it's nothing like the 80s version... Might have been borrowed from DL though.

They used the ISTC Mission Space suit for the Eo opening. I do not think Minnie has a matching costume to that one though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom