Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

SuddenStorm

For me personally, Roger always seemed a misfit for Disneyland and the land's aesthetics never did anything for me. I want to see Disney completely retheme it, with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as the new tent pole attraction.

Roger Rabbit is a decent attraction. I'd prefer a scenario where both Mickey's Runaway Railway and RRCS can coexist, making Toontown more of a "must visit" land. I forget it's there half the time.

__r.jr

Roger Rabbit is a decent attraction. I'd prefer a scenario where both Mickey's Runaway Railway and RRCS can coexist, making Toontown more of a "must visit" land.

Now just add a legitimate table service restaurant (The Ink & Paint Club) containing a mixture of live entertainment and character meet and greets and voila... A Mickey's ToonTown worth being proud of.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Roger Rabbit is a decent attraction. I'd prefer a scenario where both Mickey's Runaway Railway and RRCS can coexist, making Toontown more of a "must visit" land. I forget it's there half the time.

This just made me think of the horrifying idea that Runaway Railaway would replace Cartoon Spin. I’m sure that’s not what their plan is. They’re not that stupid, right? :: looks over at Mission: Trash Day::

truecoat

This just made me think of the horrifying idea that Runaway Railaway would replace Cartoon Spin. I’m sure that’s not what their plan is. They’re not that stupid, right? :: looks over at Mission: Trash Day::

Space wise they could both fit based on the size of the building and queue at DHS.

Robbiem

Does Disneyland have to pay fees to Amblin for using Roger and co? If they do this could be another factor

Personally i think having more rides in toontown can only be a good thing

Rich T

Does Disneyland have to pay fees to Amblin for using Roger and co? If they do this could be another factor

The legal issues involving Roger Rabbit are such a pain that I'm certain Disney will never produce anything involving the character ever again...and will drop Car Toon Spin when the opportunity presents itself. Because (and I hate to say this, because I'm a huge fan of the movie) they don't need Roger anymore. Disney has become a monster mega-corporation making gazillions off of properties they didn't even create. Why deal with headaches like Roger Rabbit, Song of the South, and other problematic IPs when they've got half the characters in pop culture to draw off of at this point? Look forward to Ant Man 9 in the future.

Phroobar

Disney owns Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Amblin and Disney are co producers. Disney is the distributor. They only licensed the Warner bros. characters. It was made in 1988. No reason to keep it around.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
All this talk about removing the Roger Rabbit ride is depressing. Toon Town needs more attractions not less. Cartoon Spin is a great dark ride that has a fantastic and immersive queue. Removing that for a glorified projection show would be sad as hell. I don’t care how many projections they put in there. It’s not the same.

TwilightZone

I don’t believe any insider had mentioned its removal to begin with. No real need to get hysterical yet.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw something on this site from an insider that it will take over toontown. Or that disney is currently considering it.

BrianLo

It depends on if their plan is to expand the borders, which is what I've interpreted so far. If that's the case I see Roger being preserved... if not they basically need to level a large part of Toontown for that attraction to even remotely fit.

By all means I want them to expand and legitimize Toontown (despite for years hoping they'd rip it out). But from an attractions standpoint MMRR is going to be incomparable to Cartoon Spin. If it's not that would be quite the disaster and waste of space.

Personally MMRR is the Florida attraction being built I am most looking forward to, outside of the Potter coaster.

EricsBiscuit

All this talk about removing the Roger Rabbit ride is depressing. Toon Town needs more attractions not less. Cartoon Spin is a great dark ride that has a fantastic and immersive queue. Removing that for a glorified projection show would be sad as hell. I don’t care how many projections they put in there. It’s not the same.
It's gonna be more than a glorified projection show (it'll have AAs and physical sets). Remember, it's not going to be screens. It's going to be 3D physical sets that are projected on.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
It's gonna be more than a glorified projection show (it'll have AAs and physical sets). Remember, it's not going to be screens. It's going to be 3D physical sets that are projected on.

Projection show on sets is still a projection show. I’ll be surprised if there is even one AA in the whole thing.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
This is why Space Mountain, Spider-Man, and Flight of Passage are the absolute worst... no AAs on the ride!!!

Yeah, because I totally said that. I actually don’t care that much if there’s an AA or not. I just want the experience to be compelling and fun and not an empty cash grab.

It doesn't matter when you're dealing with a bad faith discussion partner. Check the posting history.

Oh please. If you want a good laugh you should check your own. I’ve seen more criticism in the official Disney blogs. You should get paid for that fluff. lol

Rich T

My take: Good AA's are a wonder to behold, but they're only one of many ways to tell a story on a ride. Film projection can be great if used imaginatively in new ways. If and when I board Runaway Railway, all I want is a great ride that makes me feel like I'm inside a living cartoon. I don't care how they do it. I just want results. If it works and it's a great ride, I'll be happy.

DisneyLostBoy03

My take: Good AA's are a wonder to behold, but they're only one of many ways to tell a story on a ride. Film projection can be great if used imaginatively in new ways. If and when I board Runaway Railway, all I want is a great ride that makes me feel like I'm inside a living cartoon. I don't care how they do it. I just want results. If it works and it's a great ride, I'll be happy.
Well said. If this attractions does a fantastic job on immersing the guests inside a Mickey Mouse cartoon, then it will be a phenomenal ride!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom