Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

TwilightZone

My take: Good AA's are a wonder to behold, but they're only one of many ways to tell a story on a ride. Film projection can be great if used imaginatively in new ways. If and when I board Runaway Railway, all I want is a great ride that makes me feel like I'm inside a living cartoon. I don't care how they do it. I just want results. If it works and it's a great ride, I'll be happy.
My rule of thumb for screen rides is if it is more immersive than toy story mania, it is a success. I think this ride will 100% be more immersive than toy story mania just from entrance alone (entering a movie screen sounds awesome).

NateD1226

My rule of thumb for screen rides is if it is more immersive than toy story mania, it is a success. I think this ride will 100% be more immersive than toy story mania just from entrance alone (entering a movie screen sounds awesome).
I agree! The movie screen idea reminds me of the short Get a Horse!

1533251476012.jpeg

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

That’s setting the bar kind of low. I would hope that it would be more immersive than a bunch of blurry tv screens.

Phroobar

My take: Good AA's are a wonder to behold, but they're only one of many ways to tell a story on a ride. Film projection can be great if used imaginatively in new ways. If and when I board Runaway Railway, all I want is a great ride that makes me feel like I'm inside a living cartoon. I don't care how they do it. I just want results. If it works and it's a great ride, I'll be happy.
Some people's lives on this board are a cartoon.

Phroobar

My job often feels like the last ten minutes of Alice in Wonderland... especially the part where the dormouse is running around screaming and everyone is freaking out and pointing fingers at each other.
Just the last ten minutes? Lucky! It's most of the day for me.

NateD1226

that was such a great short, it was amazing seeing it in the theaters. Wish they would show it in the muppet theater as a fill in until they figure out what to do with that wasted space
I hate saying this but I feel like if they added a longer version of the short inside the Muppet theater, it would have been way more popular than the Muppet Vision 3D

SuddenStorm

Burn me at the stake for this if you want, but Millionaire was more entertaining than TSMM. Never got the hype for TSMM, I think it's only popular because it's tied to a massive IP.

I love trying to beat my previous score and discovering the Easter Eggs. Games are fun, rides are fun. This combines the two.

Which is why Buzz is one of my guilty pleasures (since I rarely go to DCA).

Disneylover152

I don't understand the hate for TSMM. It's better on both coasts than what it replaced (Millionaire and nothing).

I don’t hate Toy Story Mania. I love the ride! I just can’t see it being a ride like BTM or HM, something that’s there for years and will be there for years.

I can’t see it being a Disneyland in 20 years. If it’s there for more I would be shocked.

DanielBB8

Burn me at the stake for this if you want, but Millionaire was more entertaining than TSMM. Never got the hype for TSMM, I think it's only popular because it's tied to a massive IP.
So you enjoy it more when others play the game, but not yourself. Millionaire is a trivia game. Most people don’t get very far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom